News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Destination displays

Started by Gareth, February 23, 2022, 04:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus_user_jay

I noticed a few blinds were different on direction too... seems a bit odd...

mesub

6874 has this... pen like device attached to the destination display controller. Does it change the destination display automatically or something else?

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

busboy31

7E is missing an 'E' from the front destination display which displays "Witton 7" which I saw on my bus recently.

the trainbasher

Quote from: busboy31 on July 29, 2022, 12:00:20 PM7E is missing an 'E' from the front destination display which displays "Witton 7" which I saw on my bus recently.
Maybe it's declaring support to to a certain nearby football team...

Witton 7
St Andrews 17 :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

richard5608

Could anyone tell me the name of the font used for the numbers used on destination displays of NEWM AND COVENTRY they changed them again from Ariel bold eg X22 anyinfo would be helpful

Wumpty

Quote from: richard5608 on December 07, 2022, 05:06:53 AMCould anyone tell me the name of the font used for the numbers used on destination displays of NEWM AND COVENTRY they changed them again from Ariel bold eg X22 anyinfo would be helpful
Have you got a picture and I'll find out?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

QuoteCould anyone tell me the name of the font used for the numbers used on destination displays of NEWM AND COVENTRY they changed them again from Ariel bold eg X22 anyinfo would be helpful
It wasn't ArieI Bold, It was a font designed by the company that used to programme the blinds. As they had copyright to it when we stopped using them someone at NX redesigned it slighty to avoid copyright breach, so the current one doesn't have a name and is only usedon NX Blinds

MasterPlan

Just seen a 16 go passed which alternated between Hamstead 16 and Service on diversion 16 in a different font. Not seen that before.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: busboy31 on July 29, 2022, 12:00:20 PM7E is missing an 'E' from the front destination display which displays "Witton 7" which I saw on my bus recently.
I know this is an old post and things have probably been changed again, but I believe that 'timetabled' short journeys don't show the -E suffix. For instance the YW 2 doesn't go to Maypole on Sundays but the destination shows '2 Warstock' rather than 2E.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

Quote from: Stu on January 24, 2023, 07:13:03 PMI know this is an old post and things have probably been changed again, but I believe that 'timetabled' short journeys don't show the -E suffix. For instance the YW 2 doesn't go to Maypole on Sundays but the destination shows '2 Warstock' rather than 2E.
Short workings of WN2 to the city centre do show 2E. However this is the only one I can recall seeing.

GoldenSquid

Quote from: Stu on January 24, 2023, 07:13:03 PMI know this is an old post and things have probably been changed again, but I believe that 'timetabled' short journeys don't show the -E suffix. For instance the YW 2 doesn't go to Maypole on Sundays but the destination shows '2 Warstock' rather than 2E.
I think its to do with the NSA, when it was PART ROUTE the NSA wouldn't work but if it was a short journey with a via the NSA would work.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Quote from: GoldenSquid on January 24, 2023, 08:22:07 PMI think its to do with the NSA, when it was PART ROUTE the NSA wouldn't work but if it was a short journey with a via the NSA would work.
I guess thats probably just because they've not been programmed in.
Like how the PB 14, 65/67 BC 94/95, 877, etc don't have them as they've not been programmed in.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Wumpty

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 24, 2023, 07:17:02 PMShort workings of WN2 to the city centre do show 2E. However this is the only one I can recall seeing.
Wolverhampton 1, 11 & 59 show E suffix on the short workings, especially 59s that complete the Griffiths Drive loops and terminate at either Ashmore Park top shops or the The Ashmore pub. I've seen 1E for City Centre and 11E for The Scotlands terminations too.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Wba_lad

While I was in Birmingham and Solihull the other day I seen the X2 with new rear display I quite liked it,

Railway
X2 Solihull station

Sh4318

The other day I saw a platinum on the 16 that alternated between:
16 Hamstead

and:
16 Hamstead
via Hockley

All of the BC platinums seem to have the new format on their rear displays, apart from 6841, 7522 - which displays don't work, 6873 - which doesn't have a rear display and 6879 - which, last time I checked, was using the old format
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk