News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Destination displays

Started by Gareth, February 23, 2022, 04:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

There seems to be a couple of variations on the 94 at least. Some seems to be showing an alternating display of Via Castle Bromwich / Via Ward End and Saltley and some show Via Castle Bromwich / Via Ward End.

I think though it may all be the same display. My 94 pulled into the city centre stop showing the first one, but then seemed to switch to the second one.

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on February 24, 2022, 02:51:37 PM
I see what you mean. Thinking about it, it does sound daft (a bit like putting via Wolverhampton or via Birmingham). Didn't the older roller blinds have "via Pool Meadow" and "via Burgess" in white on blue in this context?

Sure I saw just 'Pool Meadow ' in old pictures?

wmacb13

The 16 has been done too. Now displays ‘via Handsworth Wood’ as well as ‘via Hockley’

Quote from: Gareth on February 24, 2022, 05:07:22 PM
There seems to be a couple of variations on the 94 at least. Some seems to be showing an alternating display of Via Castle Bromwich / Via Ward End and Saltley and some show Via Castle Bromwich / Via Ward End.

I think though it may all be the same display. My 94 pulled into the city centre stop showing the first one, but then seemed to switch to the second one.
4484 on 95 shows via Ward End and via Shard End. One with the green displays.
Platinum 6998 on 94 showing via Ward End & Saltley and via Castle Bromwich. Also showing Birmingham/via Ward End on side display.

Plus the 28 shows via Ward End & Pype Hayes /Old Oscott & Erdington to.
Late nights show 28E Old Oscott Dyas Road. Dyas Rd being new on the display.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack6101

I saw 753 this morning on the 14A. Front display wax kept changed from 14A merry hill to 14 merry hill with different via points below side displays was keep display 14A tho
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

sandboy20

Quote from: Westy on February 24, 2022, 06:26:41 PM
Sure I saw just 'Pool Meadow ' in old pictures?
most recently it was the likes of "via City centre" or "via City (Pool Meadow)" before that the not so
helpful "via City" was used to exhaustion. In the 1980s Fleetlines and Metrobuses had lazy blinds in that they didn't
need changing, both termini could be and frequently were  left on display at the same time eg "20 Bedworth/Broadgate" or
"19 Eastern Green/Pool Meadow".

MasterPlan

Looks like the 'Part route' has been removed from the new displays. Now it's just the destination and nothing underneath which looks weird. Seen X21 'Weoley Castle' and X22 'Bartley Green' recently. Not sure why via points can't be included still to be honest if you're not going to put 'part route' there.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 02, 2022, 05:36:31 PM
Looks like the 'Part route' has been removed from the new displays. Now it's just the destination and nothing underneath which looks weird. Seen X21 'Weoley Castle' and X22 'Bartley Green' recently. Not sure why via points can't be included still to be honest if you're not going to put 'part route' there.
I think 28E Old Oscott has Dyas Road underneath and 94E Ward End Fox & Goose underneath.
Others just have X4 Erdington, 66 Star City, X22 Bartley Green etc. They could have put Six Ways under the Erdington one as well I guess.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Two variations seen on the 14. Birmingham via Alum Rock & Saltley / via Lea Village & Stechford. And also Chelmsley Wood via Alum Rock & Stechford / via Lea Hall & Tile Cross

Quote from: Gareth on March 03, 2022, 04:31:55 PM
Two variations seen on the 14. Birmingham via Alum Rock & Saltley / via Lea Village & Stechford. And also Chelmsley Wood via Alum Rock & Stechford / via Lea Hall & Tile Cross
Same on 28 I think.
28 Heartlands Hospital via Old Oscott & Erdington/via Pype Hayes & Ward End.
28 Great Barr via Erdington &  Old Oscott / via Perry Beeches/Scott Arms.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

You'd think, unless a route goes a different way inbound than outbound, that the via points would sort of mirror themselves.

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 03, 2022, 09:04:07 PM
You'd think, unless a route goes a different way inbound than outbound, that the via points would sort of mirror themselves.

For routes heading into Birmingham city centre, it seems like less via points are used.

The 23 to Bartley Green uses via Five Ways and Harborne, via California and Woodgate
Towards Birmingham though, it only uses via Harborne and Five Ways (similar to when scrolling displays were used, though that specific one ways always static).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

MasterPlan

Quote from: mesub on March 04, 2022, 11:55:21 PM
For routes heading into Birmingham city centre, it seems like less via points are used.

The 23 to Bartley Green uses via Five Ways and Harborne, via California and Woodgate
Towards Birmingham though, it only uses via Harborne and Five Ways (similar to when scrolling displays were used, though that specific one ways always static).

Yeah I remember and I noticed that on the 23 yesterday. Bit weird how it flipped between Harborne and Five Ways though, given they fit on one line on the outbound display. Similar to the X21 with Selly Oak & University, they're split on the outbound display but on one line inbound.

CL

I've also noticed, since going back to in-house displays, that our buses share the same database as BC; as a side, 1869 left PB this afternoon with 14 on the blinds

Wonder whether this is the same with other "neighbouring" garages, (i.e AG & YW, WB & PN) as it was before
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on March 10, 2022, 02:55:53 PM
I've also noticed, since going back to in-house displays, that our buses share the same database as BC; as a side, 1869 left PB this afternoon with 14 on the blinds

Wonder whether this is the same with other "neighbouring" garages, (i.e AG & YW, WB & PN) as it was before

PB & BC shared blinds before as did AG & YW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk