News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: 2206 on July 01, 2021, 09:34:51 PM
Do these Hydrogen buses fit under the Highgate Road bridge, like the E400 MMC buses, or are they taller?

They're a little taller at 4.4m, so they wouldn't be able to go under there.

Wright did offer a low height version of the StreetDeck though, at 4.2m, which would be able to fit. I'm not sure if that option is still offered though.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

BBS

Quote from: don on July 01, 2021, 09:07:39 PM
I took it that mr bbs was alluding to the state of the road surfaces along parts of the 8 route - but I don't know why he thought that would be a problem with batteries unless he thinks they're loose in the compartment and might fly around, or touch the bottom of the seat, adding to the passenger excitement of the ride.......  ;) Of course, seats have been fitted over wheel arches on buses for many decades, and whilst arguably the seats are slightly less comfortable when the bus goes over a bump it's quite marginal really - certainly not on the same scale as sitting on the rear upstairs seat of 1L (1 UDH) on the 118 (now 51) travelling flat out over the hump bridge in Newtown Row towards city - which launched me to the ceiling of the bus!! I can assure BBS that the bus continued to perform as normal on the rest of the journey and no batteries apparently came loose - although the contents of my stomach were certainly roused momentarily!! The near side front seat on a regular Fleetline (especially a proper BCT or WMPTE, or Midland Red one) was always my favourite from childhood days - probably because you got a similar forward view to a driver and could also watch the driving.

As for hydrogen buses on the Inner Circle, I presume NXWM may consider single deck versions, but surely more likely to be electric single deckers owing to the route characteristics and mileage of the running boards?
Oh alright.I was just saying that temporary bumps etc not like the inner circle
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Tony

Quote from: bbs on July 02, 2021, 10:09:27 PM
Oh alright.I was just saying that temporary bumps etc not like the inner circle

Sorry still haven't a clue?

why would Hydrogen buses not like any bumps?

BBS

Quote from: Tony on July 03, 2021, 08:19:07 AM
Sorry still haven't a clue?

why would Hydrogen buses not like any bumps?
so you know if temporary bumps come on roads etc, wouldn't that damage the batteries?

Tony

Quote from: bbs on July 03, 2021, 09:36:37 AM
so you know if temporary bumps come on roads etc, wouldn't that damage the batteries?

Why?

Every single vehicle on the road has a battery.

Jack

Where are these 'temporary bumps'? The ones along the 8 aren't 'temporary' and are normal speed bumps...

Steve3229vp

Could you please explain what you mean by 'bumps' and why just the inner circle, we all a bit confused ?

Squiz1971

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 03, 2021, 03:40:57 PM
Could you please explain what you mean by 'bumps' and why just the inner circle, we all a bit confused ?
Maybe he is referring to the speed bumps on Ash Road possibly?

BBS

Quote from: Squiz1971 on July 03, 2021, 03:57:55 PM
Maybe he is referring to the speed bumps on Ash Road possibly?
yes speed bumps

Tony

Quote from: bbs on July 04, 2021, 12:02:58 PM
yes speed bumps

Why would they affect batteries though?

BBS

Quote from: Tony on July 04, 2021, 12:10:35 PM
Why would they affect batteries though?
if there next to the wheels then wouldn't that be a problem?

Stu

Quote from: bbs on July 04, 2021, 12:13:05 PM

No.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Pat

Quote from: bbs on July 04, 2021, 12:13:05 PM
Why would that be a problem?  What has the positioning of batteries got to do with speed humps?   Electric vehicles travel over speed humps without damaging their batteries, so why would this be the case for a bus?

BBS

Quote from: Pat on July 04, 2021, 12:28:12 PM
Why would that be a problem?  What has the positioning of batteries got to do with speed humps?   Electric vehicles travel over speed humps without damaging their batteries, so why would this be the case for a bus?
Oh right.

Pat

Quote from: bbs on July 04, 2021, 03:05:56 PM
Oh right.
I'm asking you the question.  Why do you think that speed humps would damage batteries?  We're all a bit intrigued into why you think that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk