News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Carolean Coaches, Willenhall

Started by Westy, February 02, 2024, 06:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B61 ANDREW

Carolean had an all white Tourismo - BX15OEE on rail replacement duties at Coventry today. 

Tony

The Third bus is ex Panther Travel AS09 PAN.

Watery Lane is only a temporary home and they are moving to new leased premises in Bescot soon, when the landlord has finished preparing the site.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on February 13, 2024, 09:22:55 PMThe Third bus is ex Panther Travel AS09 PAN.

Watery Lane is only a temporary home and they are moving to new leased premises in Bescot soon, when the landlord has finished preparing the site.
What about Heath Road that is listed as the address, they are using Fastline's depot in Pleck at the minute unless they have gone to Heath Road
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

hlliwmai

Quote from: Tony on February 13, 2024, 09:22:55 PMThe Third bus is ex Panther Travel AS09 PAN.

they have 2 addresses @Tony they have the Watery Lane address (as listed on Google Maps) then the legals on there vehicles state the depot is:

Carolean Coaches Ltd.
Bhandal Business Park
Heath Road
Darlaston WS10 8LP

But I've looked on Google and that Heath Road is quite a long road and have industrial units either side so I don't know what that depot is 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 15, 2024, 12:12:03 AMthey have 2 addresses @Tony they have the Watery Lane address (as listed on Google Maps) then the legals on there vehicles state the depot is:

Carolean Coaches Ltd.
Bhandal Business Park
Heath Road
Darlaston WS10 8LP

But I've looked on Google and that Heath Road is quite a long road and have industrial units either side so I don't know what that depot is
The Postcode alludes to an area from just before the The Green/Heath Road Junction with Bentley Road South where the 37 turns off and just before the Junction with Kendricks Road which many years ago is where James Bridge Copper Works used to be and will eventually lead down to the new train station. Most of that side has the old Charles Richards and Sons Factory from Bentley Road South to EMR Darlaston's Heath Road Entrance, there is a gap in the middle where the signs on Streetview say RB Forgings and there is a icon for George Dyke Limited which says Permanently closed looking at it there is Garage maybe there so it could be there behind the wall. The Opposite Side is a derelict Building, and then Industrial Units behind Trees, There is a Car auction opposite EMR further down and just after where the Postcode area ends is an area listed as Transport Yard this appears to be for Wagons. So If I had to guess it is just after the Charles Richards and Sons Factory and just before EMR on the left hand side if heading to Walsall the right handside if heading to Darlaston. The furthest back it goes is to the Walsall and Wolverhampton Line and there certainly is no evidence of a bus yard from Bentley Road South as EMR, a truck depot on the former Boat Pub site and the afformended Factory and railway block any views. Although the Yard would have a wall between it and the canal looking at Google Maps and Streetview 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Stu

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 15, 2024, 12:12:03 AMthey have 2 addresses @Tony they have the Watery Lane address (as listed on Google Maps) then the legals on there vehicles state the depot is:

Carolean Coaches Ltd.
Bhandal Business Park
Heath Road
Darlaston WS10 8LP

The 'legals' address listed on the vehicle is just that, the legally registered company address of that bus operator.

It is not referring to any depot address. Look at any National Express bus, the address shown on the side is Mill Street, Digbeth, which is their head office at Birmingham coach station, not a depot.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

Quote from: Stu on February 15, 2024, 07:58:46 PMThe 'legals' address listed on the vehicle is just that, the legally registered company address of that bus operator.

It is not referring to any depot address. Look at any National Express bus, the address shown on the side is Mill Street, Digbeth, which is their head office at Birmingham coach station, not a depot.

Correct. The Legal lettering for Midland Choice Travel was Liyell Limited, 32 High Street, Codnor, Derbyshire - imagine the dead mileage between there and the Mossley Estate!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Wumpty

Chatting to one of the local councillors today and there's much positivity around the new operator and the lengths that TfWM has gone to secure and to maintain service.

I'm hoping,  along with many others, that the antisocial behaviour break lasts, though I'd be interested to see Carolean's response and continuity plans should anything happen.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

hlliwmai

Quote from: Wumpty on February 15, 2024, 09:02:03 PMChatting to one of the local councillors today and there's much positivity around the new operator and the lengths that TfWM has gone to secure and to maintain service.

I'm hoping,  along with many others, that the antisocial behaviour break lasts, though I'd be interested to see Carolean's response and continuity plans should anything happen.

They [TfWM] clearly couldn't of been a fan of Chaserider because I'll bet that never happened to them, some drivers I've spoke too claim all Chaserider saw when they won 19 is pound signs not putting into account what the ex Arriva drivers had told them about the ASB on the route I said it before and I'll say it again, I just hope Carolean do well and manage to keep the route and it doesn't end up bouncing back to Chaserider 

Wba_lad

I have seen that Carolean coaches are now on bus times and their 3 enviro 200s have been added to their fleet list. However they have not tracked once since they took over the route. Do they still not have ticket machines yet. I will say I bet coalpool and Blakenall are loving life with this company at the moment. God help them when they get ticket machines and start charging people especially with the bus which does not have a cab screen fitted. You will find when they start charging they will that's where they will get trouble and windows starting to get smashed which will then unfortunately give them a hard time running with only 3 buses. Chaserider had 2 buses smashed at the same time if this happens to these they will struggle really bad. And if they have to rely on somone like PSV glass then they can be waiting days for new glass meaning only one bus will be operating and if that gets smashed. Shame really because coalpool and Blakenall will not be happy when they have to start paying on the route or get refused for not having a ticket.

Westy

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 19, 2024, 12:31:13 AMI have seen that Carolean coaches are now on bus times and their 3 enviro 200s have been added to their fleet list. However they have not tracked once since they took over the route. Do they still not have ticket machines yet. I will say I bet coalpool and Blakenall are loving life with this company at the moment. God help them when they get ticket machines and start charging people especially with the bus which does not have a cab screen fitted. You will find when they start charging they will that's where they will get trouble and windows starting to get smashed which will then unfortunately give them a hard time running with only 3 buses. Chaserider had 2 buses smashed at the same time if this happens to these they will struggle really bad. And if they have to rely on somone like PSV glass then they can be waiting days for new glass meaning only one bus will be operating and if that gets smashed. Shame really because coalpool and Blakenall will not be happy when they have to start paying on the route or get refused for not having a ticket.
Not charging?

They must be collecting fares somehow, else we would've heard already about 'free' buses on the route!

justlookingaround

Given the short notice nature of things the likelihood would be that ticket machines are still on order and being dealt with.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 19, 2024, 12:31:13 AMI have seen that Carolean coaches are now on bus times and their 3 enviro 200s have been added to their fleet list. However they have not tracked once since they took over the route. Do they still not have ticket machines yet. I will say I bet coalpool and Blakenall are loving life with this company at the moment. God help them when they get ticket machines and start charging people especially with the bus which does not have a cab screen fitted. You will find when they start charging they will that's where they will get trouble and windows starting to get smashed which will then unfortunately give them a hard time running with only 3 buses. Chaserider had 2 buses smashed at the same time if this happens to these they will struggle really bad. And if they have to rely on somone like PSV glass then they can be waiting days for new glass meaning only one bus will be operating and if that gets smashed. Shame really because coalpool and Blakenall will not be happy when they have to start paying on the route or get refused for not having a ticket.
You do realise NX charged and had no trouble at all, Arriva and Igo at ran one point ran it with no Trouble Charging for fares, Igo I don't think had Assault Screens, Arriva some buses did some didn't, and even NX on the 29 who have Assault Screens still get ASB, Assault Screens or lack of don't do much to prevent people refusing to pay fares. If anything it just means people either spit at it or bang it with there fists. There is a video on YouTube I think on the 8A/8C of a man threatening an NX Driver demanding him to Come on Outside pounding his Fists on the Assault Screen, Yes had it not been there he probably could have assaulted the Driver. But he could have anyway by spitting. If the Spit goes through the little Holes and it is intentional that is Assault. 

Presumably Carolean have some form of Payment otherwise they are Operating at a loss right now and TFWM wouldn't be happy. Presumably they might be using the old Ticket Machines that came with the bus that aren't Tracking as they are still linked to Vision Bus and Panther Travel's feeds as no has linked the database to the West Midlands not really sure how it works Tony or BN or one of the Several Drivers on here might know how it works. Maybe they are just taking Payment and letting Cards on without printing Tickets and scanning passes, I assume the same few Drivers If not the same two drive it they will know the regulars and know who usually does a return trip. Smaller Operators tend to know there regulars, Thandi knew there's, Sandwell Travel did to for example. I used to get the Sandwell Travel 333X before NX ran the 37 to visit a relative in Willenhall every week and the Driver knew my ticket and stop without me even asking for it. I just paid the fare. So Carolean assumingly have something like that. I got told once Thandi had Ticket machine issues and a mate of mine who caught the 37 every day used to pay on his morning bus never got a ticket but the drivers coming back knew he usually had a Return and let him on, he did initially pay on the way back before the driver told him no need we know you usually get a return. If it was NX or someone without Ticket Machines then yeah it would harder but, smaller firms are different they usual have the same Drivers who get to know regulars.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Wba_lad

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 19, 2024, 11:01:03 AMYou do realise NX charged and had no trouble at all, Arriva and Igo at ran one point ran it with no Trouble Charging for fares, Igo I don't think had Assault Screens, Arriva some buses did some didn't, and even NX on the 29 who have Assault Screens still get ASB, Assault Screens or lack of don't do much to prevent people refusing to pay fares. If anything it just means people either spit at it or bang it with there fists. There is a video on YouTube I think on the 8A/8C of a man threatening an NX Driver demanding him to Come on Outside pounding his Fists on the Assault Screen, Yes had it not been there he probably could have assaulted the Driver. But he could have anyway by spitting. If the Spit goes through the little Holes and it is intentional that is Assault.

Presumably Carolean have some form of Payment otherwise they are Operating at a loss right now and TFWM wouldn't be happy. Presumably they might be using the old Ticket Machines that came with the bus that aren't Tracking as they are still linked to Vision Bus and Panther Travel's feeds as no has linked the database to the West Midlands not really sure how it works Tony or BN or one of the Several Drivers on here might know how it works. Maybe they are just taking Payment and letting Cards on without printing Tickets and scanning passes, I assume the same few Drivers If not the same two drive it they will know the regulars and know who usually does a return trip. Smaller Operators tend to know there regulars, Thandi knew there's, Sandwell Travel did to for example. I used to get the Sandwell Travel 333X before NX ran the 37 to visit a relative in Willenhall every week and the Driver knew my ticket and stop without me even asking for it. I just paid the fare. So Carolean assumingly have something like that. I got told once Thandi had Ticket machine issues and a mate of mine who caught the 37 every day used to pay on his morning bus never got a ticket but the drivers coming back knew he usually had a Return and let him on, he did initially pay on the way back before the driver told him no need we know you usually get a return. If it was NX or someone without Ticket Machines then yeah it would harder but, smaller firms are different they usual have the same Drivers who get to know regulars.
Nx did have a few issues on the route, and yeah they charged but what I'm trying to say is when Carolean start charging there is going to be conflict between drivers and passengers because drivers will say scan your pass for me then passengers will go well you haven't charged me for X amount of time why are you charging us now. 

Arriva also had trouble on the route because Chaserider which was a ex arriva company, some of the drivers who stayed on at Cannock onto Chaserider said it's a bad idea going in for the 19. One driver said it was really bad they went around and because he said to one passenger where is your ticket they got off and bus not long after had windows smashed. 

Assault screens yes don't prevent people from not paying but it protects the driver from being assaulted. The amount of times I've seen people punch them assult screens imagine if that wasn't there, they would be hitting the driver. All Chaserider said if we run the 19 we want screens or we aren't driving it which I don't blame them. 

I don't think Carolean are running at a loss as such at the moment, because they are getting the money from TFWM for running the tender service. However I would assume TFWM being as they don't have ticket machines are keeping a close eye on the service in Walsall and maybe have people along the route checking possibly to see if it's running as they don't have tracking data for them. 

No they won't be using old ticket machines, the ticket machines that was in the bus belong to vision bus when the bus was sold it would not be included with a ticket machine that's something the company have to deal with themselves. They are currently running with no ticket machines other people have been saying it too.

It's fine them letting them on without a ticket but what about when they want a daysaver which is now a Nbus. I don't think they are charging at the moment. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 19, 2024, 11:14:53 AMNx did have a few issues on the route, and yeah they charged but what I'm trying to say is when Carolean start charging there is going to be conflict between drivers and passengers because drivers will say scan your pass for me then passengers will go well you haven't charged me for X amount of time why are you charging us now.

Arriva also had trouble on the route because Chaserider which was a ex arriva company, some of the drivers who stayed on at Cannock onto Chaserider said it's a bad idea going in for the 19. One driver said it was really bad they went around and because he said to one passenger where is your ticket they got off and bus not long after had windows smashed.

Assault screens yes don't prevent people from not paying but it protects the driver from being assaulted. The amount of times I've seen people punch them assult screens imagine if that wasn't there, they would be hitting the driver. All Chaserider said if we run the 19 we want screens or we aren't driving it which I don't blame them.

I don't think Carolean are running at a loss as such at the moment, because they are getting the money from TFWM for running the tender service. However I would assume TFWM being as they don't have ticket machines are keeping a close eye on the service in Walsall and maybe have people along the route checking possibly to see if it's running as they don't have tracking data for them.

No they won't be using old ticket machines, the ticket machines that was in the bus belong to vision bus when the bus was sold it would not be included with a ticket machine that's something the company have to deal with themselves. They are currently running with no ticket machines other people have been saying it too.

It's fine them letting them on without a ticket but what about when they want a daysaver which is now a Nbus. I don't think they are charging at the moment.
As Westy Said they have to be Charging otherwise it would be in the news or local pages that it was free. They might take payment as they know regulars. Those who want a daysaver will get on there next bus. For example once I boarded a 79 in Darlaston The Driver saw I had cash in my hand so I was unable to get a dayticket so I got it on my next bus. If a 19 passenger gets the 19 to Walsall to get the NX 529 they will just get the Dayticket on there. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk