News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Banga buses

Started by Liberator9, April 08, 2012, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: SN65 OMC on March 19, 2021, 06:39:56 PM
MX10 KNO is currently tracking just off the Willenhall Road as 1X, is this a new route, if so where does it go

Probably just come off the SBJ-SBT shuttle?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Pat

Quote from: SN65 OMC on March 19, 2021, 06:39:56 PM
MX10 KNO is currently tracking just off the Willenhall Road as 1X, is this a new route, if so where does it go
The depot is somewhere down there

fleetline6477

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 19, 2021, 06:57:11 PM
Probably just come off the SBJ-SBT shuttle?

Does anybody have a link to the timetable for the shuttle?

Pat

Quote from: fleetline6477 on March 23, 2021, 10:43:35 PM
Does anybody have a link to the timetable for the shuttle?
Unfortunately not.  It's running every 10 minutes in the morning and afternoon peaks, to help with the school loadings.  The vehicle on there will do shuttles in the morning, then the 1215 891 to Telford and back, then go back on shuttles for the afternoon peak.

Jakemat10

Some euro 6 conversion YJ55BHY. Has had the amount of fumes and smoke coming from under it ???

Pat

Quote from: Jakemat10 on March 24, 2021, 01:19:03 PM
Some euro 6 conversion YJ55BHY. Has had the amount of fumes and smoke coming from under it ???
It couldn't be converted to Euro 6.

Jakemat10

Pat

Quote from: Jakemat10 on March 24, 2021, 11:24:52 PM
Why not?
I presume it was due to a lack of space in the engine bay, meaning the kit couldn't be fitted.

Pat

MX12JXC seen this morning on 891.

Jakemat10

YN03NDK mot has now ran out anyone know the plans for the bus?

IMarkeh

Does the 891 do well or is it funded?

Given how Banga operate normally (very local Wolverhampton runs), it seems a strange route for them (or any small WM independent operator for that matter) to be running such an interurban route and it doesn't serve in the towns/villages, just sits on the main road through them (Shifnal has a good few unserved estates, as does Albrighton).

If the route does well, has Banga trialled stuff with the route? I can use registrations and wayback machine etc but they aren't always the best. is there like a timeline for how the route has been developed and/or cut? I'm fascinated by the route.

Any help is appreciated.

Pat

Quote from: Jakemat10 on April 27, 2021, 11:09:30 PM
YN03NDK mot has now ran out anyone know the plans for the bus?
It'll be withdrawn.

Quote from: IMarkeh on April 28, 2021, 03:12:49 AM
Does the 891 do well or is it funded?

Given how Banga operate normally (very local Wolverhampton runs), it seems a strange route for them (or any small WM independent operator for that matter) to be running such an interurban route and it doesn't serve in the towns/villages, just sits on the main road through them (Shifnal has a good few unserved estates, as does Albrighton).

If the route does well, has Banga trialled stuff with the route? I can use registrations and wayback machine etc but they aren't always the best. is there like a timeline for how the route has been developed and/or cut? I'm fascinated by the route.

Any help is appreciated.
The 891 is a solely commercially operated route, and you'll often see a healthy load (at least before Covid came about).  They've been on the route since 2015, where they ran in direct competition with Arriva.  The service did once serve some of the Albrighton estates (the stop flags still remain today) but that was stopped a few years ago.  Admirals Estate in Shifnal was also served, but now the service routes more directly along Curriers Lane and through the town centre.  Since 2018, they've had the Telford - Wolverhampton corridor largely to themselves (except the Arriva services to Shifnal/Bridgnorth). 

When the route first started out, YF02SKO was branded for the 891, however it was de branded a while later.  I guess, because it does well (from personal observation) then they don't see any reason to change it.  Additionally, the current timetable doesn't allow for any expansion to the route, without requiring more resources.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Steveminor

I believe the route came about in retaliation for Arriva move against them on the 530 or 535 cant remember which one. Arriva then pulled off Bangas route however since the 891 was doing well financially Banga kept the 891 going until eventually arriva withdrew their service.

Pat

Quote from: Steveminor on April 28, 2021, 05:53:13 PM
I believe the route came about in retaliation for Arriva move against them on the 530 or 535 cant remember which one. Arriva then pulled off Bangas route however since the 891 was doing well financially Banga kept the 891 going until eventually arriva withdrew their service.
Banga have seen TWM and Arriva off the 530.

Westy

Quote from: Pat on April 28, 2021, 06:07:56 PM
Banga have seen TWM and Arriva off the 530.

How the heck did they manage it, considering the resources of Nx locally?

The 530 must have been a low priority, for Nx, to have that amount of competition on it & to give up on it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk