News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Flixbus

Started by Stuharris 6360, June 30, 2020, 06:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyresmoke

More changes to the Flixbus schedule from this Thursday 6 August.
Only thing affecting this region is the withdrawal of the Fri/Sun only 'short' 0800 departure from Birmingham and 1330 return. All other 023's stay the same.
Nationally they're introducing a new twice daily (Thu-Mon) London to Leeds via Sheffield Meadowhall.

Damo

Having withdrawn operations last year, it looks like they will be back from next Thursday. The following (some new) routes appear in the journey planner from 15th April, however in the absence of a map it's all a bit hit and miss just typing in random origin and destination points, so the actual routes may well be longer (or indeed others not yet 'found').

Victoria, Heathrow, Newport, Cardiff, Bridgend, Swansea University, Swansea

Victoria, Hammersmith, Heathrow, Bristol University, Bristol

Victoria, Finchley Road, Fosse Park, Leicester, Loughborough, Derby

Victoria, Finchley Road, Sheffield (Meadowhall), Leeds, Bradford

Victoria, Finchley Road, Birmingham, Manchester

DJ

Thandi have a brand new VanHool, TT21 NND, on the 023 to London this morning.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: DJ on April 16, 2021, 09:10:00 AM
Thandi have a brand new VanHool, TT21 NND, on the 023 to London this morning.

BLOTW suggest Thandi have 4 of these vehicles . . . . . . . . . . 

cris 99

they collected 5 the other day
17//72/73/97/X12

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: cris 99 on April 16, 2021, 12:03:13 PM
they collected 5 the other day
Highly likely , if I plug my brain in ,the ones BLOTW mention have TH to start with not TT . . . . .   ::) ::)

Damo

Thandi have added another Van Hool - FL21 BUS.

ellspurs

Been seeing quite a few Flixbus coached punting their way up and down the M1 in the last week or so. I would've said I saw more of them than NX coaches on one day until a gaggle of NX coaches appeared stuck at J16.

A 005 service was even trundling down the A5 today, presumably avoiding the utter chaos that was enveloping the M1 this afternoon.

winston

Whippets Coaches appear to have lost all their NX work & have redeployed all their Levante fleet on to Flixbus work instead.

Nxwm

Have blue Thandi lost the flix contract?

Tony

Quote from: Nxwm on September 23, 2021, 03:47:58 PM
Have blue Thandi lost the flix contract?

Flixbus isn't contracts as such, operators decide on routes to run and Flixbus market them. Thandi have decided it's not worth their while

Nxwm

Quote from: Tony on September 23, 2021, 03:57:51 PM
Flixbus isn't contracts as such, operators decide on routes to run and Flixbus market them. Thandi have decided it's not worth their whe

I see thank you for clearing that up @Tony

Mayfield

Wonder what they are going to do with coaches

Steveminor

B61 ANDREW

Can we confirm if the Flixbus coaches were purchased or "leased" by Thandi ?   I would assume the latter ? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk