News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

ADL 400 MMC vs WRIGHTBUS STREETDECK

Started by 2900, August 06, 2016, 10:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which  is better and why , appreciate any views

IMO the Crimson livery probably best one out there to suit the body design, platinum would look great.

ARBB

Quote from: 2900 on August 06, 2016, 10:07:58 AM

IMO the Crimson livery probably best one out there to suit the body design, platinum would look great.

Streetdeck for me, I like the MMC'S but they're nothing compared to the streetdecks

filbus1

Quote from: 2900 on August 06, 2016, 10:07:58 AM

MMCs look nicer but Streetdeck build quality is better.

Trident 4194

Streetdeck all the way, a lot more smoother and let's be honest Wright are way better than Adl recent builds

Sh4318

I've got to be honest, I'm not too keen on either, I'm more a fan of their predecessors (normal Enviro 400 & (what would it be for Wright, erm...) Gemini (probably)). Wright probably just edges it for me, I see their buses as more robust
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

B.C Driver

Havnt drove either, but prefer the look of the Streetdeck.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Michael Bevan

Am I the only person who prefers the Enviro 400 MMC?

V89MOA

I prefer the Mmcs, I just wish they were voith.

Stuharris 6360

sorry but to me the Streetdecks look a whole lot better than the MMCs, lets hope NE purchase some more!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ashley 60171

Our E400MMC's in both specs are a nice place to be. But the Streetwreckers give me more fizz.

BU07 LGO

The MMCs are dangerously sluggish pulling away, doors slow and useless mirror arms that flap about as your driving ! Nice as a passenger but terrible to drive! After driving one for the first time in a month you really appreciate how sluggish they are to older buses. Once they get moving they're quick enough but stop start they really are bad!

Cammy7153

As by looking at photos..

Wright Streetdeck - I think it has the looks, very shiny and the body itself would last longer, but the engine is a big let down!

Enviro 400MMC - Looks nice, but the Streetdeck looks a lot better in my point of view, a lot better engines and very fast!

CL

The Streetdeck is certainly not a sluggish bus. Powerful up hills - from what i could tell; not very rattly compared to the now-year-old MMCs.

On another note, the MMCs does not compromise in space; very roomy overall around the lower saloon, something which I think the Streetdeck lacks (just ever so slightly) - even though the MMC has two specs to decide from!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Cammy7153

A 5 litre engine is still bloody stupid in a decker though. Or less they have a kickdown and a bit more oomph in them?

j789

The street decks are great buses, my favourite buses to drive at Worcester, it's just a shame we only have 4. I'd love it if the 144 got a street deck upgrade. The upstairs windows looked a bit odd at first but now I think it gives it a streamlined look, for some reason reminds me of buses in the USA! I have never driven at enviro 400 but if they are anything like the 200s which I have driven then the street deck is superior in every way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk