News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Transport for Edinburgh

Started by JoNi, December 22, 2015, 03:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: CL on November 08, 2018, 04:02:29 PM
https://flic.kr/p/2cKBjPz

This kind of took me by surprise.. :P

There has been rumours going round for a while now about a new Volvo / ADL product for Lothian. It was mentioned in Buses Magazine for one to appear at the NEC last week but obviously wasn't ready in time. Got to say it looks absolutely stunning  8)

Mike K

Quote from: CL on November 08, 2018, 04:02:29 PM
https://flic.kr/p/2cKBjPz

This kind of took me by surprise.. :P

Impressive - I hadn't realised that the E400 could be specified with glazed staircase and roof sky lights.

BK63 YWP

Instead of investing into sprint why doesn't TfWM give NX a grant towards these for core route?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on November 08, 2018, 08:44:35 PM
Instead of investing into sprint why doesn't TfWM give NX a grant towards these for core route?

How many routes using 70 seaters leave passengers behind?

Mike K

Incidentally, what route are these planned for in Edinburgh?

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on November 08, 2018, 08:47:17 PM
How many routes using 70 seaters leave passengers behind?

X51. Regularly
Strangely enough a route the Sprint is meant to serve, so I think @SL 16 YPN has made a fairly justified comment
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ian Hardy

Quote from: Mike K on November 08, 2018, 08:59:29 PM
Incidentally, what route are these planned for in Edinburgh?

It has not been decided yet.

Kevin

Quote from: Ian Hardy on November 08, 2018, 10:42:24 PM
It has not been decided yet.

Really?
It's like the latest batch of Platinums at NXWM, which weren't decided until after the order was made.
How can they not know where high spec vehicles are going to go? Especially high capacity ones like these, they have to have a route in mind otherwise they wouldn't be ordering them specifically
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2018, 07:44:16 AM
Really?
It's like the latest batch of Platinums at NXWM, which weren't decided until after the order was made.
How can they not know where high spec vehicles are going to go? Especially high capacity ones like these, they have to have a route in mind otherwise they wouldn't be ordering them specifically

There's the possibility that two routes justify them, but they've only ordered enough for one

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2018, 09:31:45 PM
X51. Regularly
Strangely enough a route the Sprint is meant to serve, so I think @SL 16 YPN has made a fairly justified comment
They regularly leave passengers behind waiting for the next one on the 11 and X2 as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

mikestone

Quote from: Tony on November 09, 2018, 09:01:37 AM
There's the possibility that two routes justify them, but they've only ordered enough for one
https://www.alexander-dennis.com/media/news/2018/november/100-seats-for-lothian-in-new-three-axle-adl-enviro400xlb-on-volvo-chassis
;
says 42 are on order - do they have a service with a PVR of 42?

Gareth

I'm currently in Edinburgh. Although I haven't used the bus services here, it's a very modern and extremely well presented fleet.

paulb1973

Quote from: Gareth on November 10, 2018, 07:52:32 PM
I'm currently in Edinburgh. Although I haven't used the bus services here, it's a very modern and extremely well presented fleet.

I stayed the night in Edinburgh after a train journey up in mid-July - I would agree with that, a very presentable fleet.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2018, 07:44:16 AM
Really?

Perhaps what I should have said was the route/s have not been announced yet.

Mike K

Quote from: mikestone on November 10, 2018, 12:45:58 PM
https://www.alexander-dennis.com/media/news/2018/november/100-seats-for-lothian-in-new-three-axle-adl-enviro400xlb-on-volvo-chassis
;
says 42 are on order - do they have a service with a PVR of 42?

Ah, didn't realise they were Volvos - that explains it. I believe Lothian's last experience of ADL was the E400H so it's understandable that they have been loyal to Volvo since.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk