News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on March 06, 2013, 09:25:33 PM
Quote from: tphi12000 on March 06, 2013, 07:11:45 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on March 05, 2013, 04:34:44 PM
Noticed that TX have a newly acquired X-reg Dart SLF, out on the 11 today.
X292ABU noted today in Wolverhampton.

That's the one!
According to Bus Lists on the Web, it is a 19 seater Alexander bodied Dart SLF that was new to France Connexion, Crawley, December 2000.

I have it as a 29 seater with its last operator - Edwards

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Tony on March 06, 2013, 09:29:34 PM
That's the one!
According to Bus Lists on the Web, it is a 19 seater Alexander bodied Dart SLF that was new to France Connexion, Crawley, December 2000.

I knew that a 19 seater didn't seem right.
The site that I looked at only listed the first operator, so you'll be right on that too.

Tony

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on March 06, 2013, 09:47:29 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 06, 2013, 09:29:34 PM
That's the one!

I knew that a 19 seater didn't seem right.
The site that I looked at only listed the first operator, so you'll be right on that too.

Just found it was rerseated when with Yorkshire coach & bus (dealer) in 2007
Full history is
France Connexion (as B19F)
Quantock Motor services
Yorkshire Bus & Coach (reseated)
Bodman & Heath, Worton
Edwards, Tiers Cross

Quote from: Trident 4609 on March 05, 2013, 10:06:54 PM

yes i noticed it in the bus station today aswell

You can spot it a mile off its always about 2 foot in front of a NX bus!!!!!! :P :P :P
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

fleetline6477

As I came into Wolverhampton today (Friday) about 3p.m. I passed by the Depot where I could see at least 10 or 12 of the regular buses parked up. There was no sign of them in and around Wolverhampton or in the Bus Station, I was there a good 20 / 30 minutes.

Does anybody know what has happened? I'd be very pleased if they had ceased operating - shame of the drivers who would be out of work however.

PM

Quote from: fleetline6477 on March 29, 2013, 05:10:25 PM
As I came into Wolverhampton today (Friday) about 3p.m. I passed by the Depot where I could see at least 10 or 12 of the regular buses parked up. There was no sign of them in and around Wolverhampton or in the Bus Station, I was there a good 20 / 30 minutes.

Does anybody know what has happened? I'd be very pleased if they had ceased operating - shame of the drivers who would be out of work however.

Sure it isnt just reduced service requirements/not running due to the Easter Bank holiday

SMK

I remember not seeing them at all around Wolves during a bank holiday last year, so I'm guessing they don't run on these days.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

fleetline6477

I do see your point Peter 123 and SMK but as most operators are operating a Saturday service and as far as I am aware Travel Express run some Sunday services I assumed this would not be the case and that there must be another reason.

mranon

perhaps they thought it easier to give today a miss as he has to pay drivers bank holiday pay anyway, and it probably would be more difficult to cover every driver to give them a lieu day. also probably wouldnt cover his costs running today

Eric Shaw

I travelled on X292ABU recently and noticed that the seats on the lower level were all tip up. This could have something to do with the variations quoted for seating capacity. Unfortunately not knowing about this discussion I didn't count them.

Andrew1991

Looks like travel express may be going into the coach business, they have a van hool coach parked up the back of their garage could have been two there couldn't see properly

Tony

Quote from: Andrew (a1991) on April 28, 2013, 07:00:24 PM
Looks like travel express may be going into the coach business, they have a van hool coach parked up the back of their garage could have been two there couldn't see properly

Wasn't there on Thursday, must be either a very new arrival or visitors to Wolverhampton parking in there

Andrew1991

Could be visitors, forgot they use the garage as a car park

Andrew1991

2 coaches were still parked up in the garage today with the garage doors half closed around 6:45 this evening.

PM

Could I just ask which routes do they operate now as now I've finished school and exams I would like to go over to Wolves and ride on some of the old carlyle darts whose days must now be numbered. Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk