News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: StourValley98 on June 20, 2018, 10:08:57 PM
From the looks of that, a repaint of the trams into blue could be likely.

They will be. Over the next 12-24 months we are expecting the fleet to be done.

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on June 21, 2018, 12:23:10 PM
Will anything be done to improve the uncomfortable seating?

BK63 YWP

It is quite hard and uncomfortable, @Dom since you are in the know, could you ask TfWM if we can have new seating.

A bit of a waste of money having the pink signage changed to blue. Don't fix that isn't broken comes to mind.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Roy

There's an article in the July edition of Modern Railways showing the same branding for trains, trams and buses.  The logos are orange (trains), blue (trams) and red (buses).  A computer generated image in the magazine shows a train in purple and orange, a bus in two-tone red and a tram in two-tone blue.  In addition, to avoid confusion between West Midlands Trains, West Midlands Railway and West Midlands Rail, West Midlands Rail is being renamed to ... West Midlands Rail Executive, with a logo in the same style but in turquoise. 

Steveminor

The idea is to have a brand & logo that people will associate with public transport within the west midlands in a similar way to the way the roundel works in London.

Dom

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on June 21, 2018, 02:43:33 PM
It is quite hard and uncomfortable, @Dom since you are in the know, could you ask TfWM if we can have new seating.

A bit of a waste of money having the pink signage changed to blue. Don't fix that isn't broken comes to mind.

I'm not privy to exact details but there was talk of a refurbishment process during the rebranding stage. Whether or not these are still the plans I'm not sure.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

DJ

Quote from: Dom on June 21, 2018, 12:23:10 PM

Great news in my opinion, I've never liked the pink at all.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on June 21, 2018, 10:07:27 PM
I'm not privy to exact details but there was talk of a refurbishment process during the rebranding stage. Whether or not these are still the plans I'm not sure.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
A heritage style tram would be nice to replace tram 11. @Dom   8) 8)

Solo1

Wonder if it will be a case  of where the pink is now blue
& wonder if any have been done & staying under cover till Sunday
Then coming out

Dom

Quote from: V89MOA on June 22, 2018, 01:46:48 AM
A heritage style tram would be nice to replace tram 11. @Dom   8) 8)

Personally, I don't see the point in heritage liveries if I'm honest.

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on June 22, 2018, 10:40:20 AM
Personally, I don't see the point in heritage liveries if I'm honest.
Well in my opinion the main point would be free publicity, If the trams are being repainted anyway then it'd be a no brainer for tfwm to make a story out of it like the Ozzy tram. As well as the fact that it would draw in people's eyes especially at the busier Birmingham end. The other point of course is that it celebrates our public transport systems history.

uniquicity

They've updated the screens inside the trams to WMM blue now. Quicker than I expected

Stevo

The first track is now laid in Pipers Row, but a lot of the route to the station has yet to be started. Doubtless they'll get Pipers Row open again before pushing on.

mikestone

Around 1630 today the screen at St. Georges was reading
.        .......................Mins
Services may be delayed at Peak Periods.
There was then an inaudible announcement which I think involved buses, tram 23 rolled in and the screen changed to services operating to Winson Green.
No explanation on website, just something cleared much earlier.
And why is there a sign outside the bus station saying "To Crown and County Courts only", implying you cannot exit at the St George's end?

Straightlines

Quote from: mikestone on July 03, 2018, 06:03:17 PM
Around 1630 today the screen at St. Georges was reading
.        .......................Mins
Services may be delayed at Peak Periods.
There was then an inaudible announcement which I think involved buses, tram 23 rolled in and the screen changed to services operating to Winson Green.
No explanation on website, just something cleared much earlier.
And why is there a sign outside the bus station saying "To Crown and County Courts only", implying you cannot exit at the St George's end?

I thought everything was meant to be brilliant with a local authority controlled Transport operation???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk