News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Scenic routes

Started by 2900, July 24, 2014, 11:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I would like some suggestions on routes that go through country side , villages. Do nx operate any such routes or have they vanished long ago. When I use to visit hewitts international salvage Auction I used the long stretch of road that goes past himley hall I did metrobuses out in the greens , I used to feel envious of those drivers being out here complete opposite to the crap I do.

Trident 4609

Quote from: 2900 on July 24, 2014, 11:08:24 AM
I would like some suggestions on routes that go through country side , villages. Do nx operate any such routes or have they vanished long ago. When I use to visit hewitts international salvage Auction I used the long stretch of road that goes past himley hall I did metrobuses out in the greens , I used to feel envious of those drivers being out here complete opposite to the crap I do.

The 255/6 pass through Country Lanes in Wombourne/Himley/Swindon/Hinksford etc. Both operated By Tridents Mon-Sat and B7RLE's on Sundays.

WA6 passes through Semi Rural area's in Walsall around Aldridge and also on its brief visit into South Staffordshire through Little Aston.

The 9** Walsall-B'ham services have nice scenic views through Barr Beacon

JB93

The 70 (BC) goes through some countryside when it's going around Coleshill and Water Orton

lynx1103

Walsall 6 has a nice route through little Aston

Plus peak time X56 a nice drive down Chester road from streetly onwards to Boney Hay

Chris2301

27 wolves to dudley gives some nice views of dudley and gornal on the road towards stickley estate from segeley

Stu

The 900 can be quite scenic between Sheldon and Coventry.

Will also agree about the 70, lovely journey between Chelmsley Wood and Castle Bromwich, passing through Coleshill and Water Orton.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stevo

The Coventry 11 gets out into Warwickshire on its way to Kenilworth and Leamington.

j789

The old 4 Brum to Solihull used to be a nice route for the countryside villages near Solihull, esp in a Metrobus. I guess they must still be served but not by NXWM anymore. Also, the 991 to Lichfield was nice.

Nicest current West Mids route is definitely the 11 Cov to Leamington.

MW

Quote from: j789 on July 24, 2014, 09:47:52 PM
The old 4 Brum to Solihull used to be a nice route for the countryside villages near Solihull, esp in a Metrobus.

It was renumbered to the 5 a few years back. Apart from very minor changes, (probably around Shirley) it is the same.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Michael on July 24, 2014, 11:04:14 PM
Quote from: j789 on July 24, 2014, 09:47:52 PM
The old 4 Brum to Solihull used to be a nice route for the countryside villages near Solihull, esp in a Metrobus.

It was renumbered to the 5 a few years back. Apart from very minor changes, (probably around Shirley) it is the same.

Depends what you call  minor missing out the whole of Cheswick Green (the scenic bit).

Stu

Between Shirley and Solihull, the 5 is still a nice scenic route to catch through Monkspath and Widney Manor anyway.

I will reiterate what I said about the 900 earlier; having taken a trip to Meriden today, I think the 900 is probably one of my favourite routes to ride on, as you get to see planes at the airport, and the rural areas around Meriden.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

domino.99

the 51 and 997 has some nice views through out the route :)

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXDom on July 26, 2014, 10:13:34 PM

The 51? Are you serious? It passes through all the rough suburbs!

Ashley

Most scenic NX routes

WA - 6, 77 (most of it), X56, 934, 935, 935A, 936, 997 (all nicer after Pheasey), X51 (after Bloxwich)

WN - 255, 256

AG - 5 (Shirley to Solihull), 966 (Damsonwood to just after the Airport)

BC - 70 (after Castle Bromwich but before Chelsmley Wood), 900 (after Sheldon)

CV - 11/12

If you want scenic outside of NX then it's probably every other company that enters our turf

domino.99

Quote from: Nathan on July 26, 2014, 10:44:13 PM
Quote from: NXDom on July 26, 2014, 10:13:34 PM

The 51? Are you serious? It passes through all the rough suburbs!
Joking about the 51 but not the 997

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk