News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Round Trips

Started by JB93, May 22, 2013, 05:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: trainbasher on May 22, 2013, 09:30:50 PM
I once caught a decker doing a round trip on the following way

257 Dudley to Stourbridge
256 to Wolverhampton
255 to Merry Hill
255E to Wall Heath
255E to Merry Hill
255 to Wolverhampton
256 to Stourbridge
257 to Dudley

Back when the 25x services all interworked together when WN started to do the 257.

No wonder the 257 was rediculously unreliable when it first transferred to WN, I knew it interworked with more than the 256 to start with but didn't realise the full extent, and surely that one trip was made up of at least 2 duties?

vinh1000

Used to do the 123 round trip (3 hours) til it got withdrawn ;(

Ive round tripped on 33, 654, 46S/46A/46 all workings, 51, 45,47, etc cant remember all lol
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Kevin

Definitely done this a few times, what I used to do was make it as obvious as possible though, I'd get off at the end of the route, cross over and wait for the same bus back. Lately been getting more subtle about it though, if any drivers out there think "wait he just got off my bus" (cause I'll admit it, I am quite noticeable) there's every chance that yes i am just on for the ride
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

nitromatt1

Me and Nath did the full 244 a while back from Dudley to Hayley Green and back to Dudley, on return to Dudley the lady driver said "Did you enjoy the round trip boys?"

On the other hand I did the full Green Bus 50 from Moor Street to Maypole and back, the driver saying "don't you have anything better to do?" ;D

Stu

Quote from: Driver03 on May 23, 2013, 02:08:58 PM
but in my experience I only ever shout last stop to passengers on my bus if I notice someone on at a terminus for pure curtesy as they could be lost etc. not to embarrass them.

When I used to work in Solihull, occasionally it would be a 37E I'd get home back to Acocks Green, and even when the bus arrived in the village the driver would have to shout 'last stop' as people would still be sitting down, blissfully unaware it was the end of the journey, and some might even get irate with the driver because the bus wasn't going any further, despite the big LED display on the front stating 'Acocks Green 37E'.

Also, on the few occasions I've travelled on the 37 to Solihull Station (to like, actually get the train from there!), I've felt a bit weird being the only person left on the bus, as everyone else has got off at the town centre!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ashley 4569

The only time iv done a round trip on the same bus was 2744 on the 394A back in summer 09, the driver didn't say anything

nitromatt1

I don't usually like to stay on the same bus longer than 30-45 minutes (unless it's a very good one) so I try and find another way back. I like long detours lol

Ashley 4569

You and me both matt, if its a frequent route jump off one after abit and get the next one, if its infrequently, pick infrequent routes that go to nice areas that are worth spending ex amount of minutes in such as coleshill or hill hook

Stuharris 6360

really drivers shouldn't say anything.

You are a fare paying passenger and as such are entitled to travel as far as you want!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Must admit until the X51 started on Sundays,  I prefered catching the 997, so I could speed through Aston.

Shame the full 934 won't operate on Sundays when it changes!

JB93

When I did the whole 129 yesterday I was the only person left when it pulled into West Brom, and he must have seen me walk straight over to the 5 stop!  :P

Andrew1991

Did a trip on the x96 fromm dudley to wrens nest & back the day i first saw 1908.3 driver asked where i was getting off when we got to wrens nest road & i replied dudley his reply was so you don't live over here then my reply was God no he only laughed

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 23, 2013, 10:47:57 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 23, 2013, 09:15:08 PM
I don't usually like to stay on the same bus longer than 30-45 minutes (unless it's a very good one) so I try and find another way back. I like long detours lol

Like when we go to Birmingham, We never do the full 126 back to Wolverhampton. We jump on a 1 usually.

I regually stay on the Ashmore Park Loop on the 59 ;)

If it was 4541, 4578 or 4609 I would make an exception....

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Andrew on May 23, 2013, 10:44:24 PM
Did a trip on the x96 fromm dudley to wrens nest & back the day i first saw 1908.3 driver asked where i was getting off when we got to wrens nest road & i replied dudley his reply was so you don't live over here then my reply was God no he only laughed

Oh how I miss 1908 mk3, it really was a great little bus in my opinion, really enjoyed travelling on it. Usually used to be on the last board Merry Hill to Dudley around 11:35 so got it a few times.

Anyone got any information on it? Any photos with other operators

John

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on May 23, 2013, 11:03:05 PM
Oh how I miss 1908 mk3, it really was a great little bus in my opinion, really enjoyed travelling on it. Usually used to be on the last board Merry Hill to Dudley around 11:35 so got it a few times.

Anyone got any information on it? Any photos with other operators

The last flickr sighting of it was with Whitelaws in Scotland earlier this month, still looking like an NXWM bus, as seen here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77000628@N02/8701703457/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk