News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare rise and ticket changes July 2023

Started by Ginger66, June 18, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

With what looks like the daysaver being phased out and the nbus day ticket replacing it, will operator's be better off as it's always been suggested that operators own tickets are more profitable than the multi bus versions.

Also will it be valid to Lichfield, Cannock and Bromsgrove where the daysaver is valid but nbus isn't?

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on June 19, 2023, 08:28:08 PMI had the email from NX Bus today, my monthly direct debit increases from £50 to £55 from next month.

To be honest, its no big deal to me, after all it's still cheaper than it was at the start of 2020 (was £60pm back then), but I can see why some people are concerned.

But at the end of the day, everything else has gone up in price in the last year or so, so this was kind of inevitable really.

Whats the betting though, that should you use it after 3rd of July on a Diamond bus for example that it won't be accepted.

Driver will probably look at the fact that it says National Express on the card and say no as they haven't been informed etc.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 20, 2023, 06:58:22 AMWhats the betting though, that should you use it after 3rd of July on a Diamond bus for example that it won't be accepted.

Driver will probably look at the fact that it says National Express on the card and say no as they haven't been informed etc.
The other companies haven't said anything about the acceptance of nx day savers so I wonder if the reason the wry has been updated is to remove that part
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 20, 2023, 06:58:22 AMWhats the betting though, that should you use it after 3rd of July on a Diamond bus for example that it won't be accepted.

It's a Swift card, it scans the same way as any other card. Mines an older blue Swift card and doesn't even mention National Express on it, NX drivers and ticket machines don't have any problems accepting it.

The likelihood is that it will just be the 'product' on the card that changes, ie to nBus monthly DD.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Stu on June 20, 2023, 07:30:01 AMIt's a Swift card, it scans the same way as any other card. Mines an older blue Swift card and doesn't even mention National Express on it, NX drivers and ticket machines don't have any problems accepting it.

The likelihood is that it will just be the 'product' on the card that changes, ie to nBus monthly DD.

Anyone know where the nbus boundary is in Coventry out bound towards Warwickshire way
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 20, 2023, 09:02:27 AMAnyone know where the nbus boundary is in Coventry out bound towards Warwickshire way
Currently wherever the TFWM stops end. For the 11/X17  Kenilworth Road, Cryfield Grange Road.
Though the new day ticket may include the full 11 possibly. I guess the boundary for the X17 will remain the same?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2206 on June 20, 2023, 09:12:12 AMCurrently wherever the TFWM stops end. For the 11/X17  Kenilworth Road, Cryfield Grange Road.
 Though the new dayticket may include the full 11 possibly?
Will be interesting to see how the 11 will work with the new pass system 

GoldenSquid

I wonder if it'll allow me to use my nBus pass in Coleshill on the X13. If the normal nx daytickets are going?
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Rachvince53

Quote from: winston on June 19, 2023, 11:36:05 AMYour barking up the wrong tree! Unless NX leave the Government fare cap scheme, the max £2 & £2.50 single fare caps will remain in place for the current duration & the Goverment will have to pick up the tab to cover for any extra price increase. Only daysaver tickets & passes can phyisically rise in price for passenegers.

I'm on that Facebook page and according to someone (who I prefer not to name here) in the know, NX have not yet committed to the extension of the £2 scheme. 

cardew

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 20, 2023, 11:57:16 AMI'm on that Facebook page and according to someone (who I prefer not to name here) in the know, NX have not yet committed to the extension of the £2 scheme.
Hardly "in the know" when it literally says that on the NXBus website....

National Express West Midlands is reviewing whether it will participate in the Government's forthcoming £2 fare cap scheme

Coventrybususer95

Anyone noticed that at the moment nx get 20p per trip and when the £2.50 starts if they charge 2.70 they will also make 20p a trip?

suavegarv

Quote from: cardew on June 20, 2023, 12:13:50 PMHardly "in the know" when it literally says that on the NXBus website....

National Express West Midlands is reviewing whether it will participate in the Government's forthcoming £2 fare cap scheme

It'll be interesting to see what other companies decide to review their participation in the fare cap scheme 🤔 

Rachvince53

Quote from: suavegarv on June 20, 2023, 11:01:46 PMIt'll be interesting to see what other companies decide to review their participation in the fare cap scheme 🤔
If NX pull out, then it would surely see Diamond pull out too given the tight profit margins?

Steveminor

Diamond bus news story now on our website 

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on June 21, 2023, 04:21:33 PMDiamond bus news story now on our website
The Diamond announcement gives even less info on actual price changes than NX's & suggests more news will be available next week....

I suspect the changes still aren't fully agreed between TfWM & operators, hence why NX took the statement about being to use their tickets on any operator / any time from 3rd July off their initial announcement. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk