News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on October 15, 2018, 07:26:44 PM
Does that 29 get the passengers compared to the Nx version?

Its 2 different stops in Walsall for starters!
Tbh in the morning there is quite a few people on there with 4 buses on and then it goes back 3 but from what I've seen on Saturdays it's not very packed in the daytime

And also I don't seem why they have moved the NX 29 and left the diamond 29 so so it's both are quit far away from each other a lot of people when the stands changed where huffing and puffing about the two 29 both in different areas I didn't get why they did it but let's be honest if the 29 diamond moved stand that would only leave IGO's and diamonds 19 on its own so I can see where they might be coming from

Jack

Quote from: Westy on October 15, 2018, 07:26:44 PM
Does that 29 get the passengers compared to the Nx version?

Its 2 different stops in Walsall for starters!
Diamond don't even run the whole route, they only go to Blakenall.

I love Walsall buses

And they only run till 20:00 aswell

I love Walsall buses

A regular on the 29 who I was talking to on the way back from school said there going to withdraw the 29 in December just before Christmas is this true I'm sure @Simon Dunn could confirm it and will NX increase the frequency of the 29 or maybe IGO could take over it would be a shame just seeing NX run the same buses on everyday with occasion volvos and deckers but with diamond they will stick on anything on well over the couple of weeks they have with volvos,enviro 300,darts,solos,solo SR (white),ex central solo,and a enviro 200 on one day a couple of weeks ago

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 18, 2018, 07:12:37 PM
A regular on the 29 who I was talking to on the way back from school said there going to withdraw the 29 in December just before Christmas is this true I'm sure @Simon Dunn could confirm it and will NX increase the frequency of the 29 or maybe IGO could take over it would be a shame just seeing NX run the same buses on everyday with occasion volvos and deckers but with diamond they will stick on anything on well over the couple of weeks they have with volvos,enviro 300,darts,solos,solo SR (white),ex central solo,and a enviro 200 on one day a couple of weeks ago
Strange that this "regular" claims to know something, before the company has announced anything.

Igo are a not for profit organisation.
So it is, extremley unlikely Igo would take it over, a service would still exsist operated by NX and they don't operate commercial services (The reason is  to do with them being a not for profit operation - they run buses on tendered routes and operate the ring and ride service without making a profit), they seem to not have won anything and lost some services at the recent round as well.

It doesn't operate just so you can see what buses are on it, it's a commercial service, so if it's not commercially viable then it'd be withdrawn whatever operator is operating it, especially when there's an alternative service already in place.
Neither will your average passenger care if it's an Omnilink everyday, a bus is a bus and they'll only want to get from A to B.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

There is nothing at present stopping igo from competing on a commercial service as long as any money over the cost to run the service is put back into the operation of the business so as not to make a profit.

They did run a placing journey on the 900 a few years back.

Having said that I can't imagine for one minute they would run on the 29.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 18, 2018, 07:12:37 PM

We are coming off the 29 on 25/11/18

Trident 4194

@Simon Dunn is there a board that does a 4H and then goes onto a 54 upon reaching West Brom from Walsall?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 19, 2018, 09:18:54 AM
@Simon Dunn is there a board that does a 4H and then goes onto a 54 upon reaching West Brom from Walsall?

There are two duties that do this.

Trident 4194

Kevin2017

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 19, 2018, 04:57:46 AM
We are coming off the 29 on 25/11/18

25/11/18 is a Sunday, will last day be Saturday 24th then?  what other changes planned?

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Kevin2017 on October 19, 2018, 06:01:24 PM
25/11/18 is a Sunday, will last day be Saturday 24th then?  what other changes planned?
They do run on a Sunday with 1 bus

Westy

How much is the 29 withdrawal down to using a different stop to Nx in Walsall & only running to Blakenall?

I love Walsall buses

I got told due to passenger shortages by a driver

j789

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 19, 2018, 07:02:50 PM
I got told due to passenger shortages by a driver

Do you mean driver shortages?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk