News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: jasmine on March 22, 2024, 09:38:12 PMwas it this serious?

@jasmine I don't understand your question

Do you mean was my post serious, or the comments I've responded to?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

JosephR

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2024, 09:49:29 PMNo, a lot more, and the repaints aren't two tone so it matches
Matches? There's repaints with a solid red line, ones with a patterned red line. Repaints with a full line, repaints with bits missing behind the advert frame. Repaints in two greys. And repaints in a single grey colour.
Oh and now vinyl with bits of red showing.
What's next? Grey without the red line?

Things can only get so economical before they get cheap and pointless

Quote from: JosephR on March 24, 2024, 09:20:54 PMMatches? There's repaints with a solid red line, ones with a patterned red line. Repaints with a full line, repaints with bits missing behind the advert frame. Repaints in two greys. And repaints in a single grey colour.

Due to the current situation NX needs very minimal vehicles off road.

Wumpty

Quote from: JosephR on March 24, 2024, 09:20:54 PMMatches? There's repaints with a solid red line, ones with a patterned red line. Repaints with a full line, repaints with bits missing behind the advert frame. Repaints in two greys. And repaints in a single grey colour.

You'll see nuances and differences with every livery before they get it "right".

Back when I worked for Choice Travel, we trialled a few livery variations of our lime green, yellow and brunswick green until we were happy (including an orange variation that had the spotters' heads spinning!).

I go back to my earlier post - there are very few passengers that will know/care about these variations and I wouldn't call any of them cheap and pointless (4801 is a very unique case and I'm sure all will become apparent in due course).

They are all similarly on brand, maybe not perfect or to some forum members exacting standards, but still recognisable as NX buses.

Mayfield

Quote from: 979 on March 24, 2024, 09:54:31 PMDue to the current situation NX needs very minimal vehicles off road.
They have had a large number of new vehicles sitting around doing nothing for months and still no definitive date for entry into service, may be a bit of forward planning would have helped.

Wumpty

Quote from: Mayfield on March 25, 2024, 09:38:01 PMThey have had a large number of new vehicles sitting around doing nothing for months and still no definitive date for entry into service, may be a bit of forward planning would have helped.
Not sure it's a lack of forward planning. My understanding is that the hydrogen situation is due to refuelling station issues beyond NX control.

The electrics are being delivered at a great pace, but there's only so much charging infrastructure available currently. NX would be damned either way if the infrastructure was in place and buses hadn't been delivered. Personally, I think the current situation is the better scenario.

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on March 25, 2024, 09:59:25 PMNot sure it's a lack of forward planning. My understanding is that the hydrogen situation is due to refuelling station issues beyond NX control.

The electrics are being delivered at a great pace, but there's only so much charging infrastructure available currently. NX would be damned either way if the infrastructure was in place and buses hadn't been delivered. Personally, I think the current situation is the better scenario.
Yes, unfortunately NX didn't plan for the problems in the Red Sea, which I am lead to believe was one of the delays 

4954 been back at WB several days now after refurb parked in scrap row, may be its lighting the grey does appear to be very dark, solid red stripe used, re'trimmed cushions all stacked up on rear of lower deck ready to be fitted.

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on April 04, 2024, 08:06:18 AM4954 been back at WB several days now after refurb parked in scrap row, may be its lighting the grey does appear to be very dark, solid red stripe used, re'trimmed cushions all stacked up on rear of lower deck ready to be fitted.
Still waiting for an internal panel from Alexander Dennis that was damaged in the RTC

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on April 04, 2024, 08:40:33 AMStill waiting for an internal panel from Alexander Dennis that was damaged in the RTC
Would 4958 not be able to give it the part while that is off the road after RTC? 

Only a suggestion you will know more ect so not telling you your doing anything wrong.

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 04, 2024, 11:56:01 AMWould 4958 not be able to give it the part while that is off the road after RTC?

Only a suggestion you will know more ect so not telling you your doing anything wrong.
It's a reasonable suggestion, but unfortunately it's one the interior panels with the formica on and that tends to break if you remove them

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on April 04, 2024, 02:55:05 PMIt's a reasonable suggestion, but unfortunately it's one the interior panels with the formica on and that tends to break if you remove them
Ah I see, thank you for confirming.

JosephR

Is it me or do the earlier repaints into the grey on the b7rles have a matte finish? 

darthdc

Noticed that 4776 has been painted in charcoal grey livery now - saw her on the 50 on Saturday. See 4775 is still sky blue - though still fully adorned in that advert for that VR online game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk