News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Her Majesty's Platinum Jubliee

Started by Wumpty, February 07, 2022, 07:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

@Tony - any plans for commemorative buses at each garage for Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee as they did for the Golden Jubilee?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Depending on how quick they fix the Walsall paint bay, surely it would only be single deckers at the moment if they did?

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on February 07, 2022, 09:57:24 AM
Depending on how quick they fix the Walsall paint bay, surely it would only be single deckers at the moment if they did?
I thought the same, though with a fleet of Platinums, perhaps one per garage with commemorative decals instead?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

B.C Driver

I'm pretty sure there will be, considering there was in 2002.

It's a very big achievement, considering she has surpassed Victoria.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Ginger66

Jack6101

Will  NXWM do a bus or not? For the queen jubilee ?
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Westy

Slight change of subject.

Would I be correct in thinking the Thursday & Friday will be Sunday service?

Stu

Quote from: Westy on May 07, 2022, 08:23:50 PMSlight change of subject.

Would I be correct in thinking the Thursday & Friday will be Sunday service?
At this point in time, it is currently unclear.

Technically both those days are classified as Bank Holidays, but then again so is Good Friday, and buses don't run to Sunday levels on Good Friday.

Some people will still need to go to work, so my guess would be that we'll see Saturday levels of service.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on May 07, 2022, 08:56:33 PMAt this point in time, it is currently unclear.

Technically both those days are classified as Bank Holidays, but then again so is Good Friday, and buses don't run to Sunday levels on Good Friday.

Some people will still need to go to work, so my guess would be that we'll see Saturday levels of service.
Normally the Early May bank holiday and Late May bank holiday at the end of may see sunday service. Likewise August bank holiday.
Good Friday being the exception which sees Saturday service.

Even if it is still Sunday service we still get a good 10 minute frequency on the 94/95 to City.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: Stu on May 07, 2022, 08:56:33 PMAt this point in time, it is currently unclear.

I would've thought, thinking about it some more, bearing in mind one of those days is replacing the normal Bank Holiday Monday(which would have been Sunday service anyway!), maybe the Friday would be the Sunday service, with, the Thursday being the Saturday service?

(Mind you, I booked both days off, to be on the safe side! Nice working 3 day week & 4 days off ! :) )

JPC

Stagecoach Midlands have announced Saturday timetables on both days, though I wouldn't take that as a certainty of all other WM operaters doing the same.

markcf83

Quote from: JPC on May 08, 2022, 04:57:52 PMStagecoach Midlands have announced Saturday timetables on both days, though I wouldn't take that as a certainty of all other WM operaters doing the same.
Stagecoach South Wales is running Sunday services on both the Thursday and Friday of that week, as are a number of other operators near me. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on May 08, 2022, 12:12:53 AMNormally the Early May bank holiday and Late May bank holiday at the end of may see sunday service. Likewise August bank holiday.
Good Friday being the exception which sees Saturday service.

Even if it is still Sunday service we still get a good 10 minute frequency on the 94/95 to City.
That is true, but bank holidays that fall on a Monday usually do have Sunday level services.

Quote from: Westy on May 08, 2022, 12:17:14 AMI would've thought, thinking about it some more, bearing in mind one of those days is replacing the normal Bank Holiday Monday(which would have been Sunday service anyway!), maybe the Friday would be the Sunday service, with, the Thursday being the Saturday service?

(Mind you, I booked both days off, to be on the safe side! Nice working 3 day week & 4 days off ! :) )
Like I said, at this point in time I don't know as nothing has been officially announced, however I have been notified elsewhere that Diamond will be operating Sunday levels of service on both days:
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/bank-holidays-2022/

My locals:

Stu

Just in case anyone hadn't seen, there will be Sunday levels of service on both days:
https://wmbu.org.uk/2022/05/platinum-jubilee-service-levels-2nd-3rd-june-2022/
My locals:

markcf83

Worthy of mention that the London VF site has details of all the buses in Jubilee livery as applied to the various fleets across the UK. You'll have to register for the site though,but those who are already registered can do a search by typing in list jub in the box. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk