News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

when a bus goes out of service.

Started by Ginger66, September 23, 2021, 07:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

When a bus goes out of service for whatever reason.   ie Breakdown, faulty window wipers are their correct procedure drivers follow.   

Does the driver drop passengers at the stop and leave to go back to the garage or should the driver formerly hand passengers to the driver of the next bus on that route.

I vaguely remember a driver telling another driver that his bus is out of service and could he take his passengers. (this has got to be 24 years ago.

Westy

Must admit I've never been in a situation where the driver leaves the passengers alone.

The driver & bus has always stopped with the passengers until  the next / replacement bus turns up!

Same with general passenger transfers between vehicles late running/needing to get back on schedule.

On that subject, would I be correct in thinking pre pandemic when there was 529e's from Wolverhampton to M6 J10, buses would then run dead to Walsall & restart from there?

(As usual,  I bow to certain people's better knowledge!)

BBS

This happened to me so many times on the 4 and 11. The driver change happens but the other driver is missing. Usually, the bus is taken out of service and taken back to depot.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

PB2938

Quote from: Westy on September 23, 2021, 09:53:27 PM
Must admit I've never been in a situation where the driver leaves the passengers alone.

The driver & bus has always stopped with the passengers until  the next / replacement bus turns up!

Same with general passenger transfers between vehicles late running/needing to get back on schedule.

On that subject, would I be correct in thinking pre pandemic when there was 529e's from Wolverhampton to M6 J10, buses would then run dead to Walsall & restart from there?

(As usual,  I bow to certain people's better knowledge!)

If its a 529E to Juntion 10 most likely late running turn around head back to wolves to reduce waiting times for wolves bound passengers.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Solo1

Can transfer passengers on bus behind/in front as instructed by control then turn round or run dead  to get back on time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk