News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diecast Bus models

Started by Ash, March 17, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 20, 2013, 10:11:10 PM
Do you actually have it tony?

Yes, two were sent over for us to comment on, I have one, the manager who authorised the production that hasn't yet happened has the other

BU07 LGO

Well if you are interested in selling it i will be more than happy to buy it :)

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 20, 2013, 10:16:06 PM

Sorry - staying in my collection at the moment, currently sat next to a Coventry Bendi-bus!

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on March 20, 2013, 10:23:50 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 20, 2013, 10:16:06 PM

Sorry - staying in my collection at the moment, currently sat next to a Coventry Bendi-bus!

I dont suppose you have any more pics of the back do you Tony?

ilovetea4370

John

Quote from: www.britishmodelbuses.com
TWO NEW MODELS ANNOUNCED BY THE NORTHCORD MODEL COMPANY
Many thanks to Peter at Yardley Wood for advising me of two new models from the Northcord Model Company. Both these models were previously announced as Creative Master Northcord Ltd models:
UKBUS6034 ADL Enviro400H Hybrid Stagecoach in Oxford
UKBUS6035 ADL Enviro400H Hybrid Stagecoach Manchester

As these were announced in CMNL days, I wonder if there is any hope for us people wanting the model of 4780, and The Green Bus President, as they were both announced as future models by CMNL as well.

Gareth

Wasn't there also plans for two NXC livery vehicles, a Trident and a Citaro bendy?

BU07 LGO

I think we will see it eventually., they seem to be just finding their feet again but the silly RRP isnt going to help sales

John

Quote from: Gareth on April 18, 2013, 11:15:32 PM
Wasn't there also plans for two NXC livery vehicles, a Trident and a Citaro bendy?

Yes, the Trident was going to be 4454 so I heard

Ash

Quote from: John on April 19, 2013, 07:45:34 AM
Quote from: Gareth on April 18, 2013, 11:15:32 PM

Yes, the Trident was going to be 4454 so I heard

4453 would be a good choice in the coventry transport livery it currently has

John

Quote from: Ash on April 19, 2013, 07:57:16 AM
4453 would be a good choice in the coventry transport livery it currently has

Thats a good idea Ash. It may be done in the future, you never know. It would go good with the Coventry Heritage Metrobus. 4453 was not around in that livery when these others models were announced.

BU07 LGO

On the subject of models does anyone know where i can find:

UKBUS6022 - Go2 Devon
UKBUS6025 - Arriva London
UKBUS6029 - Hybrid Demonstrator for a reasonable price?

Theyre the last 3 enviros i need!

Also got 0019 on ebay if anyone is interested :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CMNL-UKBUS-0019-Northcord-Dennis-Trident-Stagecoach-ALX-400-Bus-Scotland-OOC-/140957132866?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D7095375373177445952%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D390574349017%26#ht_5393wt_958

ilovetea4370

Speaking of ebay, its with regret I've decided to sell the remains of my collection off now. The increasing cost of models old and new is just becoming ridiculous for a little hobby and they don't do much on my shelf!

windy miller

On the subject of Die-cast models can anyone tell me if there is an Equivalent 'gauge' for bus models as there is for model railways?.. ie o,oo,N, ect..and does anyone have any rail models?  (static)...Most Die cast retailers concentrate on anything from fire engines to buses, and cars to JCB's  these days...They don't seem to valuate the potential of Rail Loco models,?  There are more than enough enthusiasts often with substantial money to spend on charter trains.. so why not???  ..... I personally would like to get my hands on a 'static' (Model) Loco design the size of a typical Stobart semi trailer model often seen for sale at various Truck meetings... (pref in a glass case.)... can't see it happening though unfortunately.. >:(
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

JIM H

Many of the buses in my collection are the equivalent to 'oo' model trains
scale, which is 1:76. Sometimes on the packaging or on the underside of
the model this is shown. Many model buses are made to this scale so
that model railway enthusiasts can use them on their layouts.
I don't see much of a market for die cast trains, since there is already
a huge amount of ready to run plastic bodied trains. N Gauge scale is
1:148 and seems to have an ever growing selection of road vehicles
being made available. There doesn't appear to be a separate scale
for buses, they appear to follow the railway gauges/scales.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk