News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

X50 serving Worcestershire Parkway, which has been added to the cove panels of the branded buses - just a pity one of the two buses I saw was a Salt Road one!
Notices on the bus stops in Crowngate bus station advertising the link.

Trident 4609

Quote from: mikestone on February 25, 2020, 03:45:25 PM
X50 serving Worcestershire Parkway, which has been added to the cove panels of the branded buses - just a pity one of the two buses I saw was a Salt Road one!
Notices on the bus stops in Crowngate bus station advertising the link.

A Sunday service has been introduced between Worcester and Pershore too, it runs on Sunday evenings (there's no evening service Monday to Saturday)

mikestone

I didn't realise the Sunday service was new - I'd have thought they  might have made more of that, the notice just seemed to mention it as a warning there was no connection from Evesham.

ellspurs

I saw a First Worcester bus today that had "Nimrod" written on the side of it.

I wonder what it did wrong to be called that?

D10

Quote from: ellspurs on March 17, 2020, 08:01:59 PM
I saw a First Worcester bus today that had "Nimrod" written on the side of it.

I wonder what it did wrong to be called that?

Class it as a complement in Worcestershire to be named after one of Elgar's classic pieces!

Ian Hardy

Nimrod is one of the variations in Edward Elgar's VARIATIONS ON AN ORIGINAL THEME (Enigma), op 36.

Elgar was born on 2nd June 1857 at Broadheath, a village three miles from Worcester. There is more information here:

https://www.firstgroup.com/worcestershire/routes-and-maps/nimrod

mikestone

I didn't even know it was an insult, Nimrod was a "mighty hunter" in the bible, some time before Elgar appropriated it.
;
When I was in Worcester last week there was a MB with a blue front in service, but I didn't note the number.

winston

Quote from: mikestone on March 18, 2020, 12:04:49 PM
I didn't even know it was an insult, Nimrod was a "mighty hunter" in the bible, some time before Elgar appropriated it.
;
When I was in Worcester last week there was a MB with a blue front in service, but I didn't note the number.

Worcester have recently gained two more Citaros:

64034 has the green front
64038 has the blue front

ellspurs

Quote from: D10 on March 17, 2020, 08:47:05 PM
Class it as a complement in Worcestershire to be named after one of Elgar's classic pieces!

I guess I watched too much Looney Tunes as a kid.

markcf83

Quote from: Winston on March 18, 2020, 12:16:16 PM

64038 has the blue front

Probably a legacy of route branding in Slough.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Winston on March 18, 2020, 12:16:16 PM

64038 has the blue front
After First Worcesters service cuts because of the crisis when they are used next is anyone's guess

winston

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on March 27, 2020, 01:53:05 PM
After First Worcesters service cuts because of the crisis when they are used next is anyone's guess

They were put straight in to service within days, as 2 x WR Streetlites were shipped off to Leicester.

WyreForestShuttle

First Worcester have told drivers from Monday we are working on a week on week basis from Monday.

WyreForestShuttle

Diamond Bus has withdrawn its services to and from First Worcester Crowngate Bus Station with immediate effect. Bevere & City will now only be served by First Worcester 37

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk