News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Malvern-branded Streetlite on the 144
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

willr7

Quote from: CL on September 20, 2019, 09:22:09 AM
Malvern-branded Streetlite on the 144
Although it should be with all the branded Salt Road buses this is not really a rare occurrence!

j789

With the service cuts coming up in October, including Malvern, there will be a couple of spare Streetlites available from the 44 so may be seen more on the 144. However, All the larger streetlites are moving soon to Leicester for the emissions thing so they may just go straight there once the cuts occur.

For the new 44 timetable, I make it 5 buses needed at most which will be 4 street decks plus one other. I can see a further street deck moving to Worcester to convert the route to full deckers, unless they just use a trident perhaps.

Cedric

PD0000480/319 Registered (Short notice)
FIRST MIDLAND RED BUSES LTD
Route: Worcester (Bus Station) to Tewkesbury (The Crescent) via Upton upon Severn
Service number: 373 (363)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 13 Oct 2019
diamond 8\10/125/292

mark114

64033 on route 144 today seen at Northfield

the trainbasher

Apparently Swift PAYG and Nbus is now valid on the 144 in the network area according to the latest First Bus changes....

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 13, 2019, 06:20:02 PM
Apparently Swift PAYG and Nbus is now valid on the 144 in the network area according to the latest First Bus changes....

Has been for a good while now, certainly has since they relaunched the route as the "Salt Rd". It just hadn't been advertised well.

CL

Solo 53065 now carries a purple livery for 'The Riversider' - AKA route branding for the 31

not sure if others have followed suit? I've been told the 44 and "a few other routes" are to gain new branding also ???

willr7

Quote from: CL on November 12, 2019, 06:43:29 PM
Solo 53065 now carries a purple livery for 'The Riversider' - AKA route branding for the 31

not sure if others have followed suit? I've been told the 44 and "a few other routes" are to gain new branding also ???

There will be a second Solo put into 'The Riversider' livery at some stage.

53155 (CN06 BXH) was originally the second candidate to join 53065 but apparently there is a list of problems with it so it might be towed back to the Potteries for scrap. (I think management are still thinking of an alternative)

I had also heard that branding for the 44 will commence once 'The Riversider' re-brand is complete.

I've not heard anything about the few other routes other than the 44 but it may be possible - maybe the 30 & 38 as I know those routes are not too heavily inter-worked making them suitable for specific route branding. I reckon the X50 could also benefit from a Re-brand.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: CL on November 12, 2019, 06:43:29 PM

More Citaros are still rumoured to be moving to Worcester, but that's delayed at the moment with the Wrightbus situation and all the cascades it has messed up for the time being. I heard Worcester were expecting the B7TLs from Leicester to replace their Tridents, with the Streetlites moving to Leicester and the Tridents to Essex.

I'd assume the 44 new brand is being delayed until the extra Citaros or whatever else moves in, arrives due to cascades - it wouldn't make sense to brand the Streetlites if they're still due to move to Leicester. As for the Streetdecks, maybe they will be the recipients of new brands soon though as I've not heard anything suggesting they aren't staying at Worcester.

As to where the extra Citaros will come from, it can only be Slough but then what they will get, who knows.
Hope this is somewhat useful @CL   ::)

CL

Thanks @willr7 @Dylanbusboy45 - I'm not down there often, so I don't tend to keep up with First's going-ons. :P Much appreciated

Rich-82

I think from what i have read or heared of that Worcester are keeping the Street Decks although be 1 has had the the Malverns Vinyls removed and replaced with Worcester City Vinyls

willr7

Quote from: Rich-82 on November 12, 2019, 08:41:41 PM
I think from what i have read or heared of that Worcester are keeping the Street Decks although be 1 has had the the Malverns Vinyls removed and replaced with Worcester City Vinyls

Yes - 35157 is the one. Since losing it's Malvern's branding it is used on morning X50 and 144A, S5 & 45 journies.

Dylanbusboy45

Evidently in response to the WMR strike, 32066/67 and all 4 Streetdecks are on the 144 today  8)

leicesterbusadventurer

63366 has had a 3/4 promotion applied in support for the charity Action for Children.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk