News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: j789 on May 01, 2022, 11:21:21 AMBut very few passengers who used the 144 previously to Longbridge would catch the 145 which goes 'round the reacon' to serve the villages - it's not quick so isn't an attractive option.

Likewise, no 'sensible' passenger would catch the 145 from Bromsgrove to Droitwich directly instead getting the quicker 144.

And the 202 was fairly recently changed by Diamond to operate through Catshill then changed back so I can't see that route being overly popular either as it has had an hourly frequency for a long time too.

The Bromsgrove Longbridge route is currently hourly so 70 minute frequency isn't the end of the world really, particularly short term. I think most passengers who will use it will just be glad of the replacement and will be capable of reading a timetable to see when the return journey is coming.
There's nothing stopping someone at YW thinking 'Let's print some timetables off for the punters & give them to the drivers to pass on' is there?

The question is would someone be bothered enough to do so?

There's probably a few of these on here with Facebook, who are members of local Facebook groups, where if anything similar happened in their area, would pass the information onto their group.

I guess there are groups in the areas covered by the route, that would do the same in this instance?

the trainbasher

Wasn't the frequency higher at one stage on the Bromsgrove to Catshill section with the 64/144E from Diamond running to?

And don't forget that service MRD do too

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kevin

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 01, 2022, 03:24:36 PMWasn't the frequency higher at one stage on the Bromsgrove to Catshill section with the 64/144E from Diamond running to?

And don't forget that service MRD do too
I vaguely remember the Diamond 64 running direct via the A38 through Lickey End, not via Catshill
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

bewdley5

Personaly  i would not be supprised if  first dissposed of worcester , with the next nearest  first depots  at
bristol stoke on trent and leicester  

markcf83

Quote from: bewdley5 on May 03, 2022, 12:52:02 PMPersonaly  i would not be supprised if  first dissposed of worcester , with the next nearest  first depots  at
bristol stoke on trent and leicester 
Nor would I to be honest. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: markcf83 on May 05, 2022, 11:01:58 AMNor would I to be honest.
I have my doubts to the long term future of "First Worcester", but the Midland Red . net forum suggests some 66 plate single deckers are expected and older vehicles that are being kept will be repainted into latest fleet livery.  So thats it ,closure in six month's .  LOL.   :undecided:

sonic84

Quote from: Kevin on May 03, 2022, 12:15:26 PMI vaguely remember the Diamond 64 running direct via the A38 through Lickey End, not via Catshill
Yes the 64 was direct through Lickey End.

I can't remember how long the diamond 144E's lasted but I don't think it was very long.

markcf83

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on May 05, 2022, 04:11:01 PMI have my doubts to the long term future of "First Worcester", but the Midland Red . net forum suggests some 66 plate single deckers are expected and older vehicles that are being kept will be repainted into latest fleet livery.  So thats it ,closure in six month's .  LOL.  :undecided:
Wonder where they're coming from.....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

the trainbasher

Quote from: markcf83 on May 06, 2022, 09:44:48 PMWonder where they're coming from.....
My money is the Eclipse batch of E200s from Hampshire

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SSmith09

Following the recent changes to the 144/144a 69453 and 69459 have been de-branded from The Salt Road.

They now have smart looking 'we are Worcester city' vynils and Excuse the wrong colour... I'll be repainted soon on the sides.

Photos of them are on the midlandred.net forum

http://forum.midlandred.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11561#p20618

mikestone

As long as it doesn't take as long as the ones with a similar message on Potteries half-branded 3/4 Streetlites

IMarkeh

According to VOSA/Traffic Commissioner, First have cancelled the 31/31A registration.

Bethhart2022

Ex former Salt road branding WX59 BZH fleet number 69454 have now been repainted into Worcester city branding

Bethhart2022

EX former salt road branding WX59 BZJ 69455 have gone into paint to be the same branding as 69454

Bethhart2022

Ex former salt road WX59 BZJ 69445 have came back from paint this morning lovely looking bus as the livery suits really well 69455

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk