News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: Westy on February 15, 2018, 10:38:56 PM
What's the betting Arriva wont retender for the 3a?

Or even win it?

The FOI I did shows that they are getting £28,838.68/year subsidy, with 21,515 passengers in the last year for that service.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 15, 2018, 07:57:39 PM
If the taxpayer is subsidising a route which is costing more than the average fare for that area, it should be scrapped. Move it to demand responsive transport instead.

That depends on whether you see public transport as a public service which benefits peiple or as a commercial commodity!  I cant imagine many passengers will be praising the council for cutting services that they rely on.....

mark114

Hi all does anyone know if 2740 is in service tomorrow please info would be greatly appreciated

Busman Jamie

As stated before, 2740 can be found anywhere on Cannock routes or Stafford routes

mark114

Once again thank you for your post Busman Jamie yes I seen it a couple of weeks ago on the 3 service as a friend asked me as he wanted to see it that's why I posted this on here just wanted to ask if it was out again but again thank you for you post

Bob

Whats hilarious is Cannocks vile Tory scum MP who slaughtered Arriva all over the press when they withdrew ONE commercial route is absolutely nowhere to be seen re the upcoming cuts prompted by the Tory county council....vile

Westy

Quote from: Bob on February 17, 2018, 10:32:33 AM
Whats hilarious is Cannocks vile Tory scum MP who slaughtered Arriva all over the press when they withdrew ONE commercial route is absolutely nowhere to be seen re the upcoming cuts prompted by the Tory county council....vile

Ours seems like trying to get a front seat at PMQs every week, & photo opportunities at a couple of local cafes.

Westy

There's no way of replacing that 3a without cutting off Pelsall Lane & Clayhanger, is there?

Could 3 buses an hour between Walsall & Brownhills West survive, if they're cutting the Brownhills to Burntwood section of the 10 after hours? (Cant see the point of terminating at Brownhills Parade, when the Rising Sun Island is 5 mins up the road, unless the 10 Walsall to Brownhills Parade can be done comfortably in half an hour, bearing in mind it interworks with other evening services I believe?)

I suspect there will be a further cut somewhere later on, if not immediate!

Bob

06 plate Commander on the evening 2E tonight, awesome allocation again 😂😂😂😂

PB2938

Quote from: Westy on February 19, 2018, 10:49:09 PM
There's no way of replacing that 3a without cutting off Pelsall Lane & Clayhanger, is there?

Could 3 buses an hour between Walsall & Brownhills West survive, if they're cutting the Brownhills to Burntwood section of the 10 after hours? (Cant see the point of terminating at Brownhills Parade, when the Rising Sun Island is 5 mins up the road, unless the 10 Walsall to Brownhills Parade can be done comfortably in half an hour, bearing in mind it interworks with other evening services I believe?)

I suspect there will be a further cut somewhere later on, if not immediate!

Tamworth depot could do the 3 until  tender is up then maybe it'll pass to Diamond or withdrawn. As Tamworth is straight up the A5 from Brownhills.

With the 10 being cut off from Burntwood in evenings I would if thought it'll be better to run a 10A instead of 10 terminating at A5. The 10A should be comfortable done in 55 minutes a trip.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Bob

Cannock's absolute scum of a Tory MP all over her facebook stating her disappointment and dismay at Arriva for cutting Sunday services without failing to mention that its down to TORY council cuts. And her supporters commenting how great she is for fighting arriva blah blah blah. I dont know whats worse, the low rent lying publicity whore she is or the lack of intelligence of her supporters 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

BusMan Greg

3723 was seen missing one of the front panels on the route 70 near the holybush garden centre

Bob

I was on it! Coming back from Wolves. It stayed in service though afterwards. Going to wolves was on the repainted cadet ( why theyre repainting these 14 year old heaps of crap is beyond me, is that what theyve come to?) Which was faulty and we had to get off in depot to be transferred to 2745 ( which had already earlier been taken off from bus station as faulty this morning), this bus couldnt get out of firat gear or do more than about 20mph even on the clear roads. It cant have lasted long as it had broke down in cannock bus stn when i got back with engineers there

BusMan Greg

Just seen a streetlite on the route 70 towards cannock

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk