News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach West 2013 Update

Started by Ashley 4569, July 28, 2013, 07:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 4569

Ill admit ive still not seen the whole of this area but its still a good day out i think. If your a trident fan, scania fan or dart fan, its one Stagecoach stronghold i suggest visiting.

I think the latest batch of scanias at ross on wye (15871 - 15878 i think, dont like them so dont look). I think these have put an end to Olympians being used in passenger service sadly

On the Trident front, clearly abit of time and money has been spent on them recently, alot have been repainted out of various route brandings, like NXWM on some buses one or two seats get retrimmed or in one or two cases a full refurb like 18086 which looked fab on route 5 yesterday. Gloucester Tridents seem to be on most routes now even the ones that use Darts maybe because its the summer I suppose

Im yet to see much point to Stagecoach Gold on route 10 (cheltenham - gloucester - lower tuffney) because it doesnt go anywhere special and if anything the loadings on most journeys need a dart at best, the 94 (cheltenham - gloucester) im more inclined to say has a purpose as a Gold route as it serves areas where there are more work premises and the evening service is consistant where as most other services in this area run evening services once every 2 hours

As this is in the Stagecoach thread i doubt this will be seen by many but theres my opinion on this part of Stagecoach

Also yesterday i think there was a diversion in place so every bus service for over an hour stopped outside the bus station rather than in a street round the corner so that made photographic oppurtunities easier before the heavens opened

Valandil

Do you think they might want to increase passenger numbers on the 10?
Maybe the people on that route are generally car-users and have a low perception of bus travel when compared with their vehicles?
(I'm just asking: I have no experience of this route or area).

Ashley 4569

Well the Tridents they replaced were only seven years old and spotless so theyve done better than some corridors here, there is a fair amount of car ownership along the route but i just mean id spend money on the out of town routes or the dart operated routes

Ashley 4566

18087 and 18089 have also been refurbished on repaint

16744 still clinging on in service, on route 132 today

Ashley

Reviving an old topic with my possibly sole report from here for this year, nothing exciting to note apart from 17722 getting a refurb when it got relicensed. Cheltenham seem to have abolished route branding so a few Pointers have also been repainted

Also to note, route 51 (Cheltenham. - Swindon) has converted to Scania E400 operation and rightly so even if it means that B10's got the chop

EDIT - two Cheltenham Pointers I can confirm refurbished are 34839 and 34843, theyre out tonight on the A and D tonight respectively, one retains route D branding, the E200's are just plain.

Gloucester 18440, got repainted out of Gloucester Citi livery early last year but looks to have recently had an internal refurb with leather at the rear of both decks

On a topic away from repaints I'm a tad suprised that Gloucesters 63 plate E200's are plastered in etching

22823 and 22826 I saw operating on Gloucester service 8 today, off the top of my head I thought they were Swindon vehicles

Apart from that, the highlight of the day was 33953 weirdly, partly for overtaking a BMW and an Audi and stayed well in front lol

Ashley

Recently new to Cheltenham depot

Scania E300's - 28681 - 88 for service 71
ADL E200's 37236 - 246 for service D

Probably old news now but should be in service now

EDIT

Correction amended, thanks Cheese

Cheese

Quote from: Ashley on December 17, 2014, 07:08:31 PM
Recently new to Cheltenham depot

Scania E300's - 28681 - 88 for service 71
ADL E200's 37236 - 247 for service D

Probably old news now but should be in service now

37247 is a Western vehicle branded for an Irvine town service, the batch is 37236-46.

RBW1

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on July 28, 2013, 07:04:36 PM
Well the Tridents they replaced were only seven years old and spotless so theyve done better than some corridors here, there is a fair amount of car ownership along the route but i just mean id spend money on the out of town routes or the dart operated routes

The 10 is an extremely busy trunk route - it has always been Gloucester's premier route

Ashley 60171

Quote from: RBW1 on February 23, 2015, 10:34:34 PM
Quote from: Ashley 4569 on July 28, 2013, 07:04:36 PM

The 10 is an extremely busy trunk route - it has always been Gloucester's premier route

I wasn't disputing the fact its a well used service and Gloucesters premier route, just at the time I thought it was a surprise choice for a Gold upgrade which isn't to say I wasn't a good idea because I'm a fan of the brand

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk