News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Mobico Group (formerly NX Group)

Started by winston, March 06, 2013, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Did I see that the Nxwm and another guy have been pushed out based on the results, can't remember where I saw it? 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 28, 2023, 05:00:36 PMDid I see that the Nxwm and another guy have been pushed out based on the results, can't remember where I saw it?
Tom stables and David Bradford

Information from route-one.net
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Justin Tyme

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 28, 2023, 05:00:36 PMDid I see that the Nxwm and another guy have been pushed out based on the results, can't remember where I saw it?

You did.  The CEO of NX UK and Germany and, notably, David Bradford the NXWM MD have left.  Route One may have reported it first - https://www.route-one.net/news/tom-stables-and-david-bradford-leave-national-express/.

Business Live has reported that NX is bringing the bus and coach divisions brought under one senior leadership team, and that both gentlemen decided to leave.

Stu

I doubt we'll see any further strike action soon, as Unite will look silly if they try to roll out their "millions of pounds in profit" claim again as a stick to beat NX with.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on July 28, 2023, 06:46:36 PMI doubt we'll see any further strike action soon, as Unite will look silly if they try to roll out their "millions of pounds in profit" claim again as a stick to beat NX with.
well it took 40 years to strike this year, plus i got the memories from this years strike which will live long in the memory 

karl724223

Quote from: 2900 on July 31, 2023, 10:52:52 AMwell it took 40 years to strike this year, plus i got the memories from this years strike which will live long in the memory
1992 was the last strike two Saturdays 

winston

Mobico shareprice hitting new all-time lows of 80.75p, Mkt Cap now under £500 million

winston

Mobico have released their 3rd Quarter Trading update:

- Profit recover will be slower than previously expected
- Preparing North America school bus unit for sale to reduce debt
- Closing down two NX Transport Solutions depots
- FY dividend suspended

https://tools.eurolandir.com/tools/Pressreleases/GetPressRelease/?ID=4389921&lang=en-GB&companycode=uk-nex&v=r2023

winston

Mobico shares currently top of the losers leader board down 32% at 58p/Share, Group Mkt Cap now well under £400 million

https://simplywall.st/stocks/gb/transportation/lse-mcg/mobico-group-shares/news/mobico-group-lonmcg-investor-five-year-losses-grow-to-76-as

Smethwickian

Quote from: winston on October 12, 2023, 07:45:33 AMMobico have released their 3rd Quarter Trading update:

Gillingham  and Sydenham, staff told today.
Scheduled services operated by Clarke's from Sydenham have already transferred to NX London at Wandsworth.
Gillingham is one of the Kings Ferry bases, along with Dover, which will continue to run 007 and 022 services.

metrocity

Quote from: winston on October 12, 2023, 07:45:33 AMMobico have released their 3rd Quarter Trading update:

- Profit recover will be slower than previously expected
- Preparing North America school bus unit for sale to reduce debt
- FY dividend suspended

https://tools.eurolandir.com/tools/Pressreleases/GetPressRelease/?ID=4389921&lang=en-GB&companycode=uk-nex&v=r2023
They are in real trouble - watch this space 

winston

Quote from: Smethwickian on October 12, 2023, 06:44:39 PMGillingham  and Sydenham, staff told today.
Scheduled services operated by Clarke's from Sydenham have already transferred to NX London at Wandsworth.
Gillingham is one of the Kings Ferry bases, along with Dover, which will continue to run 007 and 022 services.
Clarkes NX scheduled coach services moved to Wandsworth from 9th Oct.

I assume KF Dover base will be managed by another NX subsidiary.

Clarkes also have an outstation at West Drayton on their license:
CCH, Sipson Road, West Drayton, UB7 0HN, GB (10 Vehicles)

winston

Quote from: metrocity on October 12, 2023, 07:16:15 PMThey are in real trouble - watch this space
Its certainly not looking good.... a repeat of 2009??

MW

Quote from: metrocity on October 12, 2023, 07:16:15 PMThey are in real trouble - watch this space

I topped up my shares today 👀

winston

Quote from: MW on October 12, 2023, 08:05:28 PMI topped up my shares today 👀

You may come to regret that yet - its still like catching a falling knife...  The trend is your friend & the trend is down. 

- In 3 months since HY results we've gone from confident on profit guidance, to guidance being slashed
- Confident profits growth alone would pay down debt, to preparing US School Bus divison for disposal (which generates substantial group profit)
- FY dividend cancelled
- NETS is one big mess, with a multitude of liveries & brands spread around various NETS subsidiaries including new allover white Tourismo's. 
The NETS fleet numbering is a mess even after a second attempt at a numbering system, there's various coaches still carrying up to 3 different fleet numbers. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk