News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Other Operators / Re: Centrebus
Last post by Magikrabby - Today at 12:14:20 AM
Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on Yesterday at 09:42:46 PM902, 909, 910, 925 & 931 (+924 if not deputising a 912/913 on 22), would certainly help the uni shuttles. Although wouldn't expect it all day as like you say some go on different contracts. But it would certainly be a strong output for that uni contract.
From what I gather Saturdays are less busy than the weekdays. Although Wednesdays are busiest as operate a slight route variation?
That definitely would be a good output!

Wednesday afternoons are reserved for sports with not many lectures, so it's actually the quietest point of the week! Buses go past the uni sports ground which adds 5 mins to the journey, so the frequency is decreased slightly to account for this. I must say I have never actually seen anyone use the extra stop, but it's a nice change of scenery being on roads that don't see any other buses!

Saturdays sees just 2 buses which were usually full-size singles deckers. The demand is significantly lower on Saturdays so I don't think deckers would be required, but they might choose to use them anyway now that they have them.

Arriva / Re: Arriva Leicester
Last post by Fin W - Yesterday at 11:26:37 PM
Why have all the long term out of use vehicles suddenly lost the last tracing data i.e. 
Chaserider 62 & 630
Centrebus 324
First Worcester 35152
National Express West Midlands / Re: Diversions
Last post by 2206 - Yesterday at 10:25:56 PM
New Union Street is closed for reurfacing works tonight.
Service 21 is using the Coventry Ring Road. Taking the exit off by the Railway Station towards Wood End, and joining it at Croft Street towards Willenhall..
Last post by AlexS - Yesterday at 10:17:44 PM
Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on Yesterday at 09:38:30 PMCorrect.
Although it's expected a further order for 127 & 5/5A will be made imminently following the next round of funding (which will also see pretty much all Loughborough going electric, except for sky, midland Diamond & the few Centrebus routes).
It's also thought the 148/158 corridor could be going electric too (thanks to Warwick receiving a share of the fund.. although not sure if yet officially confirmed or just early speculation).
The Stagecoach 148 should be going electric within the next few months, as far as I know Arriva had no part in that bid and there are no plans for the 158 to follow.
On the topic of the 4401/4402 transfers to Leicester I would have thought it would have made far more sense for these to have gone to Merseyside with Leicester instead retaining 4531/4532 to give both areas a more uniform fleet.
National Express West Midlands / Re: Diversions
Last post by Wba_lad - Yesterday at 10:15:41 PM
Jervoise lane in stone cross is closed in one direction only so the 40 is having to divert off holyheadge road left down charloment road right onto Walsall road and normal line of route. 
Garage threads / Re: Pensnett Garage
Last post by Lynx1103 - Yesterday at 09:48:08 PM
Quote from: karl724223 on May 11, 2024, 10:19:33 AMHappy birthday pensnett garage 26 years old today
Remember the good old days of Travel Merry Hill.operatimg lynxs nationals and Fleetlines 6960/6965. Volvo Citybuses and Dennis Dart KDZ 5801-5805.

A long weird route 236/237 Bearwood - Gornal Wood 
Last post by Glenfieldmathk1 - Yesterday at 09:42:46 PM
Quote from: Magikrabby on Yesterday at 06:42:17 PMIt would be almost all double deckers - the uni shuttle uses 7 vehicles! 5 of them are on uni all day. One does morning, then goes off to do Melton Foods contract and S1005 before returning late afternoon - this is usually a decker. The last one starts at about 1pm and does early afternoon, goes off to do Beauchamps college run and returns to do uni in the evening.

I'm hoping that the increase in deckers will improve the student's perception of the service. The uni shuttle has a pretty bad reputation amongst students, to the point that many prefer to pay for Ubers to get to uni than catch the free bus. While most just like to complain for the sake of it, the one valid complaint I hear is that the buses are always full. In fact me and my friends would try and schedule to catch a double decker to increase our chances of actually getting on!
902, 909, 910, 925 & 931 (+924 if not deputising a 912/913 on 22), would certainly help the uni shuttles. Although wouldn't expect it all day as like you say some go on different contracts. But it would certainly be a strong output for that uni contract.
From what I gather Saturdays are less busy than the weekdays. Although Wednesdays are busiest as operate a slight route variation?
Last post by Glenfieldmathk1 - Yesterday at 09:38:30 PM
Quote from: Mayfield on Yesterday at 09:41:52 AM24 electrics in service now is that the full order
Correct.
Although it's expected a further order for 127 & 5/5A will be made imminently following the next round of funding (which will also see pretty much all Loughborough going electric, except for sky, midland Diamond & the few Centrebus routes).
It's also thought the 148/158 corridor could be going electric too (thanks to Warwick receiving a share of the fund.. although not sure if yet officially confirmed or just early speculation).
Last post by Magikrabby - Yesterday at 06:42:17 PM
Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on Yesterday at 04:03:10 PMBut equally I believe they are looking at an all double deck uni shuttle for next year.
It would be almost all double deckers - the uni shuttle uses 7 vehicles! 5 of them are on uni all day. One does morning, then goes off to do Melton Foods contract and S1005 before returning late afternoon - this is usually a decker. The last one starts at about 1pm and does early afternoon, goes off to do Beauchamps college run and returns to do uni in the evening.

I'm hoping that the increase in deckers will improve the student's perception of the service. The uni shuttle has a pretty bad reputation amongst students, to the point that many prefer to pay for Ubers to get to uni than catch the free bus. While most just like to complain for the sake of it, the one valid complaint I hear is that the buses are always full. In fact me and my friends would try and schedule to catch a double decker to increase our chances of actually getting on!
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk