News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

4306. My bus on the 8! Today
What a nice bus for its age

karl724223

Again 4308 today on the 2/2A good bus for its age
Second bus was 6932 we'll all I can say everything worked and did what it was supposed to do

Dom

1844, had it today, twice, on the 952.

Great bus tbh, first Scania I've driven in service, slow door and interlock release can be a pain. Good getting upto speed and decent brakes aswell.

Overall, can't complain!

West brom rumour mill in full swing , 82/87 to be rerouted again in the city from snow hill it will follow the number 16 route around the city oh what joy serving the markets.
I did the 80 a few weeks back stuck in traffic jams galore down those sides.
82/87 currently the most reliable it's ever been IMO if we,re late the drop backs cover it.

Quote from: 2900 on February 11, 2019, 01:08:05 PM
West brom rumour mill in full swing , 82/87 to be rerouted again in the city from snow hill it will follow the number 16 route around the city oh what joy serving the markets.
82/87 currently the most reliable it's ever been IMO if we,re late the drop backs cover it.
Does that mean they'll no longer be going to Colmore Row?
If so will the 89/X7 be rerouted as well? It makes more sence to have the 82/87/89/X7 on the same stand on Calmore Row to me and its better for passengers to have them all stopping together as they go the same way out of Birmingham.

I don't see why its needed either to be honest, with so many buses per hour on the 82/87. The 16 seems to sufficiently cover the loop.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2900 on February 11, 2019, 01:08:05 PM
It's always struck why the 89 has never followed the 82/87 on the City loop. I'd leave the X7 at Colmore being the express service of the 87.

Quote from: Jack on February 11, 2019, 03:35:49 PM
It's always struck why the 89 has never followed the 82/87 on the City loop. I'd leave the X7 at Colmore being the express service of the 87.
On several occasions after serving the key areas of the City loop we had to drive straight through Colmore Row without picking up passengers as the vehicles were already exceeding the maximum capacity. Passengers with suitcases,pushchairs,shopping trolleys,4-5 primark bags it was chaos not to forget the weekends with the large groups of Balaji temple customers on the 87 from New street station purchasing family tickets. The current route does work well 15-20 passengers out of Colmore Row no pushing, shoving, squabbling just a bit of weed smoking.

Quote from: 2206 on February 11, 2019, 01:28:17 PM

Does that mean they'll no longer be going to Colmore Row?
If so will the 89/X7 be rerouted as well? It makes more sence to have the 82/87/89/X7 on the same stand on Calmore Row to me and its better for passengers to have them all stopping together as they go the same way out of Birmingham.

I don't see why its needed either to be honest, with so many buses per hour on the 82/87. The 16 seems to sufficiently cover the loop.
I would assume  from city the 82/87 will follow the 16 route till colmore circus traffic lights where the 16 turns right onto snow hill 82/87 would carry on ahead onto colmore row.
I can't see the merits of  the 89/ X7 doing the the same route into town the COSTS would RISE by quite a bit I would imagine, to send the 82/87 back around the city that's an extra 2 buses minimum

karl724223

Training bus 1432 for its age can still put a days work in  even doing a steady 50mph no problem

Greetings all,

Rumour going around Westbrom garage is the 122 service is coming , I assume 2 700 series enviro 200s will be required ,maybe route no change as well, I wonder err maybe it could become the 12B,C,D, F,G or some other bullshit concoction the pen pushers come up with , still scratching my head with 126 debacle, the 12A on alx400's looks like 128,
To drivers who end up doing it good luck with farm rd Langley it's used as a rat run nowadays me being one just quicker and safer than hen&chicks junction.

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on February 28, 2019, 09:51:21 AM
Greetings all,

Rumour going around Westbrom garage is the 122 service is coming , I assume 2 700 series enviro 200s will be required ,maybe route no change as well, I wonder err maybe it could become the 12B,C,D, F,G or some other bullshit concoction the pen pushers come up with , still scratching my head with 126 debacle, the 12A on alx400's looks like 128,
To drivers who end up doing it good luck with farm rd Langley it's used as a rat run nowadays me being one just quicker and safer than hen&chicks junction.

Yes 122 coming to WB

Dom

Trident 4609

Quote from: Dom on February 28, 2019, 11:10:29 AM
What is the 122?

Oldbury to Bearwood via Langley Green. Tendered service currently operated by Diamond, to be run by NX from end of April.

fleetline6477

Quote from: 2900 on February 28, 2019, 09:51:21 AM
Greetings all,

Currently, hourly service between 0930 and 1700 with a PVR of 1. Came to Diamond with the acquisition of Hanson's

There are also routes 20/1 which also operate between Bearwood and Oldbury  which I believe were also up for tender but won by Diamond.

Finally got to drive a Trident ALX400 4168 Y Reg Trainer vehicle

In great all round condition , while sat in the back waiting my turn to drive I thought it was a very comfortable from a  passenger point of view, suspension did a good job of soaking bumps at the rear hardly any rattles to, I did notice the engine compartment is less instrusive than the Volvo B7TL version of this bus.
The drive on the whole I was disappointed with the driving position, brake pedal location and feel was poor IMO, handbrake location not great either, I assumed it would go like the 4700 series Tridents but no it just didn't have that kick I,ve heard about over years.
The Volvo B7tl,s with add blue conversions would knock spots off this trident , the Volvo chassis is just so much better in every way possible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk