News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T840MAK

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on July 13, 2016, 11:41:17 AM
I've drove quite a few BC Tridents and had a breeze under the drivers seat........ but this is usually after a chicken vindaloo.

Love it  :D
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

I would like congratulate Sandwell council for the hundreds of thousands they spent on traffic calming measures in cape hill things are worse than ever you bunch of f##king muppets, what drugs are you taking up there at the council house , if you got any to spare pass them my way I could sure use them. We poor drivers now have to deal with the shit you built thanks for making unbearable route even more of nitemare than it was, I salute you , you f##king morons. 😡😡

Car accidents still happening, illegal u turns without warning my favourite
People still walking out into traffic even though there is a new crossing
Bus stops relocations has added to driver stress, now we wait in ques upto the lights with muppets asking driver let me off man.
Vehicles double parked on yellows, bus stop outside the bank, even on the crossing
Where have the traffic wardens gone

I say reroute the 87 from McDonald's island cape hill continue along the dual carriageway to high st smethrock , no one gona mind 😀

wbdriver

4109 Plaxton President

recent transfer to West Brom. took it out this morning on the 5. all i can say is.....

WHAT A BUS! nice and quick, absloutly flew up the Newton Road. very comfortable cab seat with an old ALX 400 wheel instead of a massive one.
The only problem is it looks a bit old and tatty bodywork wise.

@2900 you will love this bus. keep an eye out for it.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Quote from: wbdriver on August 01, 2016, 08:09:39 PM
4109 Plaxton President

recent transfer to West Brom. took it out this morning on the 5. all i can say is.....

WHAT A BUS! nice and quick, absloutly flew up the Newton Road. very comfortable cab seat with an old ALX 400 wheel instead of a massive one.
The only problem is it looks a bit old and tatty bodywork wise.

@2900 you will love this bus. keep an eye out for it.
yeah I,m looking forward to getting me hands on the new recruits, really gona miss buses that have decent suspension , some of these enviro 400 tridents are just horrific

4226 Alexander alx400 volvo b7tl voith gearbox
To drive very good all rounder
To look at very scruffy indeed, lot s of bubbling aluminium, dents , seriously dull paintwork,
Still got its original seat moquette very faded indeed
Never seen a refurb, I have always felt these Alexander volvos have always been overlooked the ugly kid treatment in away.
I bet this has low book value potential bargain for someone if it's still solid underneath.

Tony do know why 4083 has been withdrawn, did it suffer major mechanical issue

MW

Whoa didn't realise Tony has a picture of a bus with me at the wheel. Just spotted it haha. 4031.

4707 wrightbus gemni b7tl

When I got my hands on this it seems to be an age since I last drove one, this example drove superb in every department, very solid body from the cab you only heard rattles on very rough roads otherwise quiet from cab. I got a chance to give it some beans as I received it 20 minutes late real joy to drive. Definitely one of the better ones.
Suspension nice and compliant may be slightly spongy excellent on humps, million times better than any trident2 or E40D
Brakes nicely balanced as to is the retarder
Engine all good and smooth build up speed nicely
Interior very tired as to is the external bodywork soon to be sorted

John

Now having drove Enviro200 761 in service, I can agree with others that the retarder is awful. Either on or off, and you lurch to a stop. Might be because I'm not used to them. Its quite nippy though, but very bouncy. Either to do with the short wheelbase or small wheels. I have found also the steering is very twitchy, you hold on tight to the wheel when going at speed. Not a too bad bus though, apart from the awfully sensitive trafficlog

Dom

Quote from: John on September 05, 2016, 09:11:38 AM
Now having drove Enviro200 761 in service, I can agree with others that the retarder is awful. Either on or off, and you lurch to a stop. Might be because I'm not used to them. Its quite nippy though, but very bouncy. Either to do with the short wheelbase or small wheels. I have found also the steering is very twitchy, you hold on tight to the wheel when going at speed. Not a too bad bus though, apart from the awfully sensitive trafficlog

What route did you have it on @John

B.C Driver

Quote from: John on September 05, 2016, 09:11:38 AM

The slightly larger ones we have at BC (801 - 809) are truely horrific! Only drove one once - 808 on the 63, which was not for the faint hearted! I felt every bump in the road, the cab area rattled like a bag of nails in a washing machine, bearing in mind when I drove it this was about 2 or 3 years ago so it was pretty new then.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

John

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on September 05, 2016, 11:17:24 AM
The slightly larger ones we have at BC (801 - 809) are truely horrific! Only drove one once - 808 on the 63, which was not for the faint hearted! I felt every bump in the road, the cab area rattled like a bag of nails in a washing machine, bearing in mind when I drove it this was about 2 or 3 years ago so it was pretty new then.

;D

Yes, i felt all the bumps and mini roundabouts going around Castle Vale. At lest its a 20mph limit round there

B.C Driver

Quote from: John on September 05, 2016, 01:21:08 PM
;D

Yes, i felt all the bumps and mini roundabouts going around Castle Vale. At lest its a 20mph limit round there

Lucky it was only 20mph, imagine driving one at 40 mph + over a pot hole... and wearing faulse teeth!
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

mranon

I have heard the drivers a wn complaining about a manhole on the a449 in Dunston. theres a place coming from Stafford where those that no steer out towards the white lines of the carriageway to avoid it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk