News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Recent posts

That's what it is there for - to serve those communities in the "back streets". If you want a quicker route you can get the 36, which either takes 51 or 56 minutes depending on which one you get.
WA 8 is a long route takes an hour or over depending on traffic from Walsall to Lichfield as it goes through Rushall, Pelsall, Clayhanger, Brownhills, Chasetown and Burntwood there was many signs that say Lichfield A461 the 8 turns off down Back Streets. 
First / Re: First Bus - Leicester
Last post by Magikrabby - Today at 04:21:35 PM
I saw 4 streetdeck electroliners at the depot today. 36616 was one of them, and has the plate BN24 ZWC. The others were too far away to identify. They are pre-facelift like the kites, but have green headlights - I wonder if this is to differentiate from Arriva's batch? Hopefully won't be too long until they are in service! The infrastructure is already there and drivers are trained for electrics so I can't imagine much delay.
6929 - 9E Bearwood
National Express West Midlands / Re: Withdrawn Vehicles
Last post by Wumpty - Today at 02:26:41 PM
Quote from: Plebster on Yesterday at 10:24:18 AMOf course it does, it's a mk2 metrobus. Best buses ever made
Scientists have said that only 2 things would survive a nuclear apocalypse - cockroaches and a Mk 2 Metrobus!
Arriva / Re: Telford Garage
Last post by spw24 - Today at 01:49:25 PM
Solo 2488 was used for a couple of days after arrival here and hasn't been out since now almost a month.
And B9TL 4115 seems to be here from Leicester.
Quote from: Westy on Today at 11:10:43 AMIsn't that what happened pre 26 October 1986?                                                         
Yep 👍👍
Quote from: Westy on Today at 11:30:15 AMMust admit, for those of you that have a rough idea where I live, I have a non league club in our road.

I have no idea who they are or what division they are in, despite living less than a minutes walk from the ground.

All I know they are a PITA, along with certain neighbours, with the parking!
Bloxwhich United or Lane Head Darlo don't have that issue using Bentley Pavilion which has a big car park and can be extended to run onto the end of the Pitch that is behind the main Pitch, then if we need more we can use the whole of that pitch and then start putting them on the side peice of grass next to the Bar and Stand and then behind the main Pitch behind the goal that the houses on Wrexham Aveune back onto. And I think I've seen them use the Bowling Green out the front. But usually the Opposition used to warm up there and train before coming onto the main pitch. We basically back them up to the River Tame and use the pitches and even as it curves to go back Showcase if we need to.

But no Westy you might know where I mean on Queen Elizabeth Aveune where they are apparently throwing Stones at the buses. So when @Stu asked what are they doing there I now know there lobbing stones from the Church Hill at buses passing so this presumably only affects Walsall bound services unless they wait for the Willenhall one to if the Walsall service doesn't come and throw them from the Pavement 

Looking at Bustimes the 20:05 from Walsall went the normal way as to did the 19:25 Inbound to Walsall operated by 860 it was the 20:25 that Diverted and the 21:05 4865, 4737 then Diverted both ways, with the last bus reverting the normal way. When I checked it was 3 hours since NX tweeted about the Diversion by my reckoning 6 or 7PM. I guess they weren't actually being attacked this time hence the 19:25 and 20:05 ran down Queen Elizabeth Aveune unless it got attacked and they had initially only saw the Kids gathering. I was unlucky I guess

No amount of Nationalising or franchising can sort the buses out. When I was out yesterday someone I spoke to who couldn't make the game was counting votes in Birmingham, Now I voted the way I did for Labour because I couldn't vote Tory not after Covid.  My Late teens were ruined by it and they were partying away. Ik both Parties weren't innocent but I was unsure who to vote for as the one thing that put me of Labour was the franchising to me it doesn't make a difference. The bloke who was counting them said a few years ago there was less cars on the road, there was initially less cars after Covid, but then people started to return to Work, school and College and maybe were conscious of seeing a packed Double Decker bus of getting Covid so more cars got on the roads. This wasn't helped by buses which before used to take near there timetabled times to get to say West Bromwich as I caught the 79 during this period being delayed by sets of Roadworks.

So people who may have been getting the bus as maybe they wanted to try something new or they had no access to there own car or something were waiting extra time for a bus that would turn up 5-10 minutes late, let off a bus load of passengers then change drivers making it about 15 minutes late so they would then return to asking a family member or friend to drive them to there destination that then say rather than the 79 having to wait 5 minutes at a set of temporary lights as it has like 4 cars in front of it now has to wait 10-12 as more cars are in front of it and more cars are trying to pass in the opposite direction or from the junction delaying the lights for longer.

When people moan about Buses I myself don't anymore I wasn't to worried that both number 8's I caught yesterday out of the 3 I did were late I saw why they were there is Temporary lights in Chasetown and lots of Traffic around Brownhills and Lichfield and one passed me in Pelsall absolutely full and standing. I think according to one of the passengers an earlier one that would have done the bus before the one we passed had either broken down or become delayed. What do they want the bus company to do magic then a bus out of thin air with a driver and magically runs on time, do they want it to fly, they should be greatful that in Birmingham and the Black Country and the borders that they have with the sticks that they have a bus that is every 10-20 minutes and that runs until 9/10/11 at night as in Staffordshire they aren't that frequent parts don't have a bus at all. Buses become late things happen, if a bus goes missing it might not because it has broken down, with the amount of moronic drivers on the road twice on the 34 I caught yesterday we were cut up by cars coming from junctions. If our Driver hadn't seen that coming from miles off or been aware that it was going to happen or had been travelling faster then 2138 would have probably not made it to Walsall not because it broke down not because of a lack of driver, no because of an RTC not caused by the Driver of the bus but by a car driver who thinks pulling in front of a bus is a good idea. It could also be like the 37 I tried to get home yesterday because of earlier anti social behaviour that might risk Driver and passenger safety and going back to the Hyperthetical RTC 2138 could have had. 4737 would join it of the road with a broken window or door or be stuck on the side of Queen Elizabeth Aveune as maybe a passenger was hit by an object. Until these issues like ASB, Silly Roadworks, Cars abusing Bus lanes and parking in bus stops or whatever Franchising, Cross City buses and the like ay gonna work. There just going to suffer the same issues that NX and Diamond and the likes suffer now just under a different name and Livery
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk