News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Crimson Merc

Started by Tony, July 02, 2016, 08:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

is being delivered to a school in Bournville today, will be passing through Selly Oak sometime between 10:45 & 11:00

RS

Quote from: Tony on July 02, 2016, 08:27:21 AM
is being delivered to a school in Bournville today, will be passing through Selly Oak sometime between 10:45 & 11:00
Where in selly oak
London Euston

Tony

BU07 LGO

Seem slike a waste to give it fresh tyres if its juts going to sit there? ( They look quite new in the pic)

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 02, 2016, 06:06:42 PM
Seem slike a waste to give it fresh tyres if its juts going to sit there? ( They look quite new in the pic)

They are scrap tyres, just road legal, but the paintshop have done such a brilliant job all round most of the exterior looks new.

GeminiFan1991

Apologies if this has been covered but what is the new life of this bus ?

It's been mentioned it's been delivered which seems to suggest a new life elsewhere which is backed up by new tires, a seemingly lack of fleet numbers (in the photos) and a new paintjob but then again it's in the new crimson livery which seems to suggest some ties with NX.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

The addition of the Mercedes badge is a nice touch.

Stu

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 02, 2016, 06:20:32 PM
Apologies if this has been covered but what is the new life of this bus ?

It's been mentioned it's been delivered which seems to suggest a new life elsewhere which is backed up by new tires, a seemingly lack of fleet numbers (in the photos) and a new paintjob but then again it's in the new crimson livery which seems to suggest some ties with NX.

Hopefully it's to teach kids how to behave themselves while on the bus!  :P

On a serious note, if it is roadworthy, could it be used for daytrips and the like?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Stu on July 02, 2016, 07:40:18 PM
Hopefully it's to teach kids how to behave themselves while on the bus!  :P

On a serious note, if it is roadworthy, could it be used for daytrips and the like?

Well unless the kids are standing all journey, I don't think so as it has no seats I'm told.

Squiz1971

Looks very smart in the crimson livery complete with the Mercedes badge

Tony

It's not going to move. You can see it off the 11, but I  would be very careful what time any cameras are pointed in that direction

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on July 02, 2016, 08:28:42 PM
It's not going to move. You can see it off the 11, but I  would be very careful what time any cameras are pointed in that direction

Better to try and snap it on a weekend or during the school holidays to be on the safe side!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Busman Jamie

It certainly looked smart when it was parked on the yard at Walsall although I did not notice the Mercedes badge lol

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Busman Jamie on July 03, 2016, 12:57:27 AM
It certainly looked smart when it was parked on the yard at Walsall although I did not notice the Mercedes badge lol

The badge was applied a few days before it went.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk