News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Knot

Started by Tony, April 12, 2019, 07:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

the trainbasher

And a good amount of mileage for that price too

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

DJ

Already planning a trip on it once it's available, it covers the whole X51 and 54/54A too, according to the NXWM Twitter when I asked them.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

BN

Quote from: Tony on April 12, 2019, 07:39:33 PM
Staffordshire's new ticket, the equivilent of an nBus day ticket in the West Midlands
https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/transport/publictransport/buses/Plan-your-journey/The-knot.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2fy_vXzacXWo5Pxp2fMY88w76cjEjG4eo2fDyXNem-eMFds7NTQ-mC2u0
This was launched yesterday at First Adderley Green depot. 6942 was in attendance for the photo shoot I hear.

Kevin

Considering Staffs CC's previous cuts to public transport funds (obviously not entirely their fault, central government cuts etc...) this is interesting
There's mention that it includes Swadlincote but if @StourValley98 is correct then I wonder if it also includes say the Arriva 70 into Wolves
Only £7 as well, not bad that, only a little bit more than the Arriva Midlands ticket
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Solo1

So you could go to stoke for £7 + around that area from Walsall/Wolverhampton

Bob

Can this ticket be used on trains then?

Ashley 60171

Westy

So lets see if I've got this right then.

I can get on an Arriva 1 or 2 or a NX X51 in Bloxwich for £7 a day & I could go to Stoke!

I could go out on the first bus as well!

DJ

Quote from: Westy on April 13, 2019, 11:38:13 AM
So lets see if I've got this right then.

I can get on an Arriva 1 or 2 or a NX X51 in Bloxwich for £7 a day & I could go to Stoke!

I could go out on the first bus as well!

Yes, I believe so. I'd double check with Arriva, but if NXWM have said it's valid on the full X51, then it should be just as fine on the 1 or 2.

Westy

Bit confused here.

If this is a bus only ticket, what is it doing in the railway section of the forum?

Surely it should be in buses General Discussion?

Stu

Quote from: Westy on April 13, 2019, 01:18:13 PM
Bit confused here.

If this is a bus only ticket, what is it doing in the railway section of the forum?

Surely it should be in buses General Discussion?

I have already moved it to a more appropriate section. ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin_Brum12

Just had another look at NX's Twitter feed.  The Knot only can be purchased within the boundaries of Staffordshire according to NXWM.  So, if you are travelling into Staffordshire you'd need to either have a pass, Daysaver or Single ticket to cover you to the Staffordshire border, then purchase The Knot once the bus is in Staffs.

https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1117351149982687234?s=20

DJ

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on April 26, 2019, 08:19:37 PM
Just had another look at NX's Twitter feed.  The Knot only can be purchased within the boundaries of Staffordshire according to NXWM.  So, if you are travelling into Staffordshire you'd need to either have a pass, Daysaver or Single ticket to cover you to the Staffordshire border, then purchase The Knot once the bus is in Staffs.

They previously told me it's valid on the whole X51 route?

Stu

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on April 26, 2019, 08:19:37 PM

Quote from: StourValley98 on April 26, 2019, 11:22:43 PM
They previously told me it's valid on the whole X51 route?

See the area map here:

The map shows the boundary points where the Knot is valid to.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk