News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Newest Named Buses

Started by John, November 30, 2015, 11:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

E143 has been named in honour of Roy and Don Richardson, the businessmen twins of Merry Hill Shopping Centre fame:
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/business/2023/11/08/electric-bus-named-in-honour-of-richardson-twins/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BNH2004

I saw a picture of 2025 with a name plaque can anyone tell me what the name is as I couldn't make it out

Wba_lad

I was wondering if a name badge could be made for a family member, #makingmacsmark, he passed away with a rare and unknown brain tumor. I was wondering if any name badge could be arranged I know it's not as simple as putting it on. 

mesub

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 12, 2024, 10:39:45 AMI was wondering if a name badge could be made for a family member, #makingmacsmark, he passed away with a rare and unknown brain tumor. I was wondering if any name badge could be arranged I know it's not as simple as putting it on.

Contact the company via the offical channels for any realistic chance.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Tony

The naming policy has been ended for the time being

darthdc

Quite a few buses no longer have names on the front - only on the back.

Wba_lad

Quote from: darthdc on May 11, 2024, 08:30:57 PMQuite a few buses no longer have names on the front - only on the back.
From what I've heard names will now be a thing of the past. Shame really. 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Wba_lad on Yesterday at 09:49:20 AMFrom what I've heard names will now be a thing of the past. Shame really.
Not really a shame names should only be for people who have done over a certain amount of years with the company 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

jasmine

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on Yesterday at 10:25:55 AMNot really a shame names should only be for people who have done over a certain amount of years with the company
pretty pedantic way of thinking when for the most part the names were just for fun

BlackCountryBusSpotter

But Trains aren't named Jessica Grace there either named after a City so City Of Birmingham which the operator serves, A Railway person who has given service for so long, someone killed in an accident, Charity ie Steven Sutton or something to do with the Railway. Buses should be named after maybe local people or legends for that area. So a West Brom bus should be named after Cyrllie Regis or one of the Three Degrees or Jeff Astle. You could also name after a long serving or former Member of staff or a local charity so for example the Albion Foundation or Good Sheppard in Wolverhampton or maybe Birmingham Children's Hospital. A link to the local area NX Serve. Names like Jessica Grace might be picked by say a driver called Steve who only drives that bus maybe once every few months but most drivers won't care. It works for Trucks as usually the Driver has to drive that same Truck for a few days and if it is named after his family he might be reminded of them. Buses Don't work like that
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Wba_lad

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 12:27:07 PMBut Trains aren't named Jessica Grace there either named after a City so City Of Birmingham which the operator serves, A Railway person who has given service for so long, someone killed in an accident, Charity ie Steven Sutton or something to do with the Railway. Buses should be named after maybe local people or legends for that area. So a West Brom bus should be named after Cyrllie Regis or one of the Three Degrees or Jeff Astle. You could also name after a long serving or former Member of staff or a local charity so for example the Albion Foundation or Good Sheppard in Wolverhampton or maybe Birmingham Children's Hospital. A link to the local area NX Serve. Names like Jessica Grace might be picked by say a driver called Steve who only drives that bus maybe once every few months but most drivers won't care. It works for Trucks as usually the Driver has to drive that same Truck for a few days and if it is named after his family he might be reminded of them. Buses Don't work like that
West Midlands metro have a metro branded up for Cyrille Regis, tram 31. I think it's nice they did that. Although because it's a old tram it's not out very often as they use the newer trams I would assume when the extension has opened to Dudley they will use them more.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wba_lad on Yesterday at 05:04:23 PMWest Midlands metro have a metro branded up for Cyrille Regis, tram 31. I think it's nice they did that. Although because it's a old tram it's not out very often as they use the newer trams I would assume when the extension has opened to Dudley they will use them more.
Yeah I know they do but that's what I'm thinking for NX Buses named after local landmarks so in West Bromwich you could have Oak House, Sandwell Valley or local famous people, or legends, Tony Bomber Brown, Jeff Astle so on for the Baggies, Betty Boothroyd for MP's or so on Frank Skinner for Comedians. Walsall could have one named after Noddy Holder or The Abarotruem 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

jasmine

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 12:27:07 PMBut Trains aren't named Jessica Grace there either named after a City so City Of Birmingham which the operator serves, A Railway person who has given service for so long, someone killed in an accident, Charity ie Steven Sutton or something to do with the Railway. Buses should be named after maybe local people or legends for that area. So a West Brom bus should be named after Cyrllie Regis or one of the Three Degrees or Jeff Astle. You could also name after a long serving or former Member of staff or a local charity so for example the Albion Foundation or Good Sheppard in Wolverhampton or maybe Birmingham Children's Hospital. A link to the local area NX Serve. Names like Jessica Grace might be picked by say a driver called Steve who only drives that bus maybe once every few months but most drivers won't care. It works for Trucks as usually the Driver has to drive that same Truck for a few days and if it is named after his family he might be reminded of them. Buses Don't work like that
i dont know if this is true or not but i remember reading somewhere that the buses are named after female relatives of the employees. dont quote me on that though https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1088838771367219243/1239683460537389108/image.png?ex=6643d0b1&is=66427f31&hm=e2fe26444c111d17b5fc932827d076fbebba1bef6344c45b81ce89357ad7cd04&=&format=webp&quality=lossless

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk