News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: solonightrider on May 01, 2024, 09:07:22 PMso swap 506 for a older 57 plate bus lol  -  641 seems to of dissapeared too recently. 
RTC damage. Won't be on the road anytime soon

solonightrider

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on May 01, 2024, 10:29:37 PMIt was just weird how you seen it then no one ever seen it again lol
It was a 1 day use apparently. It was on a 25 coming into Cannock by Maccies. Arent there like 6 of them Scanias parked up? Might be more than one 07/57

Quote from: Bob on May 02, 2024, 04:12:30 PMIt was a 1 day use apparently. It was on a 25 coming into Cannock by Maccies. Arent there like 6 of them Scanias parked up? Might be more than one 07/57
They weren't there when I was there on Saturday. Only buses parked up were the 2 red scanias 704 & 748 and 191

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on May 02, 2024, 05:36:41 PMThey weren't there when I was there on Saturday. Only buses parked up were the 2 red scanias 704 & 748 and 191
Ohhhh fair enough

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Would Chaserider accept Nbus between Walsall and Lichfield if I have it issued on an NXWM bus If not how much would an Adult Daysaver or Return from Walsall to Lichfield be
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Bob

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 02, 2024, 09:05:40 PMWould Chaserider accept Nbus between Walsall and Lichfield if I have it issued on an NXWM bus If not how much would an Adult Daysaver or Return from Walsall to Lichfield be
Errrm like 2 pound there 2 pound back like most fqres in the country. Used to get annbus on X51 inCannock but everytine i askfor one now the ticket says Daysaver Extra...not a clue what that even is

Stu

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 02, 2024, 09:05:40 PMWould Chaserider accept Nbus between Walsall and Lichfield if I have it issued on an NXWM bus If not how much would an Adult Daysaver or Return from Walsall to Lichfield be
nBus is only valid within the TfWM travel area, which Lichfield is not part of.

Single fares are still capped at £2, so you could make a return journey on a Chaserider service for £4.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Bob on May 02, 2024, 09:37:21 PMErrrm like 2 pound there 2 pound back like most fqres in the country. Used to get annbus on X51 inCannock but everytine i askfor one now the ticket says Daysaver Extra...not a clue what that even is
Supposed to be the ticket that is only valid on Nx services, if you board out of county to go into the Wm area & you cant use on any other operator in the Wm county.

(See my post in the Tickets thread in General Discussion, where I quoted X3 driver Mark Fitchew, for further information!)

Wba_lad

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on May 01, 2024, 08:41:20 PMSo after all the confusion there is a 57 plate Scania Solar

Also 506 has now transferred to high peak
506 has not transferred to high peak, it's only on loan to high peak, it will return back to Chaserider soon. I mean they can keep it if they want and send a better euro 6 bus in return. It's a shame Chaserider can't keep 747 that is euro 6 too, so could be used on Walsall routes and the 5. 

Bob

Do the tenders for the 3 and 5 specify Euro 6? If so theyve failed miserably with the 5... old Solos, setiously ? Lol

Quote from: Stu on May 02, 2024, 09:40:58 PMnBus is only valid within the TfWM travel area, which Lichfield is not part of.

Single fares are still capped at £2, so you could make a return journey on a Chaserider service for £4.

Some of the 36 drivers are quite nice and accept the nbus ticket in Lichfield

Wba_lad

Quote from: Bob on May 02, 2024, 10:58:30 PMDo the tenders for the 3 and 5 specify Euro 6? If so theyve failed miserably with the 5... old Solos, setiously ? Lol
The Wolverhampton 5 is a euro 6 contract yeah, and I know they always putting non euro 6 buses on there, I don't think the 3 is a euro 6 contract as it's not in the TFWM zone long enough. I think the problem with the 5 is sometimes the driver takes anything, most the time the drivers seem to take the enviro 200s 505 and 506 and sometimes 497 and 498, or a Telford bus is used.

Wumpty

Vehicles noted at, not necessarily operating for, Chaserider yesterday at 10.10hrs:

FM11EJD  Mercedes Benz Citaro   Branded as a training bus

YX09FMG  Enviro 200

B6WER     Scania K230UB Wright Solar

FJ58HYW      Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse Urban (rear damage)

PJZ9450       Volvo B7TL Plaxton President

YJ16DSO      Optare Metrocity

FJ58HYX      Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse Urban

Bus 51         Heavy front RTA damage

2x UID         Optare Metrocity in white

Bus 144       Front panel missing

These are just observations as of yesterday. Seems to be a few others buried I couldn't make out.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on May 02, 2024, 10:09:39 PMSupposed to be the ticket that is only valid on Nx services, if you board out of county to go into the Wm area & you cant use on any other operator in the Wm county.

(See my post in the Tickets thread in General Discussion, where I quoted X3 driver Mark Fitchew, for further information!)
He said that Perry Barr Drivers accept Nbus in Lichfield so hopefully WA Drivers the only negative although I was probably gonna stick with NX anyway is that I couldn't use another operator. 

I was merely looking at options but I reckon it is fine getting back to Darlo at around half Severn anyway. It was just looking at options I always look at options for every journey. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk