News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

One Operator Per Service

Started by Stuharris 6360, October 15, 2012, 10:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 17, 2012, 07:53:07 PM
Claribels i think offer a fantastic competition on a number of services. Examples in my view that competition can work.
But noone ever seems to say anything when their buses run early. Today for example their 09:25 from chelmsley 71e departed @ 09:20, their 09:45 71e left chelmsley @ 09:40 neither of these ram into marston green station or Solihull station as per their registration!!!

Just because someone has decent buses does not make them a decent operator.
Oh before someone comments their buses have trackers on them which can be viewed in real time from the office, the management just don't bother with early running to busy with the coaches

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on October 17, 2012, 07:05:18 AM
Quote from: bob on October 16, 2012, 10:57:20 PM
Tony why do they still bother running it 3 times a day? most people start work at 9 ( office /shops) and the last one gets into brum way before then! so its not even commuter friendly, yet the evening ones are at 20 min intervals after 5. Why dont they just axe it altogether & put it out of its misery
If most people start work at 9 how come the train I am catching this week, 6.08 off Hednesford arrive Birmingham 6.57 is full and standing every day?
my train is full standing too at 6 or 7am lol :P
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Bob

Are there plans to axe the X51 Cannock extension anyway? as drivers have been saying for a while that they think its going to go

andyr

The only reason tfl are looking to buy buses is because no private operator is willing to pay the price of the new bus for london (borris master). I have travelled on a couplethese n ow and they are awful. Low head room, very slow pulling away from stops there not a patch on theartics they have been designed to replace. If virtually every other major european city can operate artics why couldnt London. Paris, Barcelona,Milan have no trouble with much worse congestion than London.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk