News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

destination blinds

Started by arrifirststage, October 14, 2012, 06:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrifirststage

Can anyone in the know explain what is involved in reprogramming digital blinds..........on the face of it it would appear an enormous task to change more than 100 buses blinds overnight as will be required at West Bromwich garage for the Sandwell review..........or am I missing something?

Tony

Not too much, I have done the complete fleet at Walsall twice. The new destinations are done on a PC some time in advance. Once they are all correct they are downloaded on to a box that plugs into the destination equipment on the vehicles. It takes a couple of minutes to do each bus while the programme is downloaded from the box onto the bus. I used to go into Walsall about 4am on a Sunday morning making sure I did all the vehicles that were booked out in service first, and then doing all the others, finishing around 11am

Ash

Will the b6le's at West Bromwich get new blinds for the sandwell review as there destination and via points are on one roll. Also whose decision is it to change the digital blinds to show the destination at the rear along with the route number like the buses have at WB/PE and WN. Was it a trial and why havent other garages followed suit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk