News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Quote from: Tony on June 25, 2017, 10:04:15 PM
Franchise winner should be announced in the next fortnight,  be interesting to see if the winner has promised anything on revenue protection

Thanks for the information Tony - all gone quiet with the announcement timing with the election occuring. Will be interesting; hope whoever wins do as it is a fair amount they must lose to uncollected fares.

Bob

Yesterday at around 11am there was no barriers at new st and think ticket machine weren't working at Cannock so a lot of passengers got a free ride. No conductor of course

Sh4318

Quote from: Rob2832 on June 25, 2017, 04:42:25 PM
Does anybody know which 150 will be on the Hereford Service this week?

Reason I'm asking is because I want to get an on-board video of 150105 & 150107 before they move to Northern.

Thank You in Advance 8)

Well 150107 is currently at Tyseley TMD. If that helps
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

T840MAK

The difference between TOCs and even train crew depots is the contracts. Some guards are employed on a commercial basis (revenue protection on top of safety critical duties) whilst others are non-commercial. I'm not sure whether all LM guards are commercial or not, although if not it'd go some way towards explaining the lack of revenue protection onboard certain services.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

andy41

Quote from: T840MAK on June 26, 2017, 09:12:49 PM
The difference between TOCs and even train crew depots is the contracts. Some guards are employed on a commercial basis (revenue protection on top of safety critical duties) whilst others are non-commercial. I'm not sure whether all LM guards are commercial or not, although if not it'd go some way towards explaining the lack of revenue protection onboard certain services.

They are all commercial. However, safety critical duties are the first priority and revenue duties are only permitted around these.

Kevin

Quote from: andy41 on June 26, 2017, 10:17:49 PM
They are all commercial. However, safety critical duties are the first priority and revenue duties are only permitted around these.

Does that basically mean sitting in the cab and just doing the doors then? Because that's all most of them do, even with longer distance between stops
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

andy41

Quote from: Kevin on June 27, 2017, 07:08:08 AM
Does that basically mean sitting in the cab and just doing the doors then? Because that's all most of them do, even with longer distance between stops

It is largely left to the discretion of the individual.

T840MAK

Don't also forget that on routes like the CrossCity and Snow Hill lines that there isn't much distance between stations, and so guards may not find any benefit of going through the train on doing revenue.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

mikestone

13.01 Birmingham-Liverpool was eight cars as far as Crewe today - it would appear that the 10.46 Euston-Crewe terminated at Rugby and then coupled to the 11.25 Northampton-Birmingham to form it!

mikestone

London Midland have issued a track access application for the new Leamington-Coventry service in December. I assume the reference to cl.153 being procured by the DfT refers to the ones already earmarked to replace the 150s.
;

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: mikestone on July 12, 2017, 01:20:49 PM
London Midland have issued a track access application for the new Leamington-Coventry service in December. I assume the reference to cl.153 being procured by the DfT refers to the ones already earmarked to replace the 150s.
;

Would have thought it should be the new franchisee that issue the track access application, unless this rumour of a two year extension to London Midland is correct.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

The Real 4778

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 12, 2017, 03:08:32 PM
Would have thought it should be the new franchisee that issue the track access application, unless this rumour of a two year extension to London Midland is correct.

'The operation of an hourly service between Coventry and Leamington Spa, to serve the new Kenilworth station, is specified by the DfT as part of the Train Service Requirement for December 2017 for the next West Midlands franchise.  As the current West Midlands franchise ends on 15th October 2017 then London Midland will be requesting these rights on behalf of the next franchisee.'
Don't you start.

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on July 12, 2017, 01:20:49 PM
;

Because FGW won't be releasing the 153s in time for the December timetable I'm being told the 153 might be released from closer to home by a surprise arrival

Tony

The electrification of the Chase Line is showing a huge leap forward this morning with all the masts in place between Cannock & Hednesford

Bob

Quote from: Tony on July 13, 2017, 09:44:58 AM
Because FGW won't be releasing the 153s in time for the December timetable I'm being told the 153 might be released from closer to home by a surprise arrival

As long as it isn't removed from chase line trips!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk