News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

Quote from: Chris on January 03, 2016, 10:43:39 PM
Has the new kenilworth station been built yet?
https://kenilworthstation.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/response-to-dft-announcement/
It is due in December... But as for Coventry Arena and Bermuda Park... Nothing has been announced on that since September...

JIM H

Information concerning Coventry Arena & Bermuda Park appears confusing at the moment.
1. National Rail Enquiries do not recognise the stations
2. London Midland show the stations but state there is no service within the next hour.
3. Real TimeTrains appear to show the service in operation.

Kenilworth Station is due to open in December 2016, i visited the site a few months ago which had been cleared but no materials for building were about. 

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: JIM H on January 04, 2016, 01:05:44 PM
Information concerning Coventry Arena & Bermuda Park appears confusing at the moment.
1. National Rail Enquiries do not recognise the stations
2. London Midland show the stations but state there is no service within the next hour.
3. Real TimeTrains appear to show the service in operation.

:D :D :D

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

I never realised train drivers got such good pay. 47K will do nicely. Any recommendations if I was to pursue this career?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 28, 2016, 07:11:45 PM
I never realised train drivers got such good pay. 47K will do nicely. Any recommendations if I was to pursue this career?

Think you got to be at least 21

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/Pages/TrainDriver.aspx
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Liberator9

Not an easy job to get into - but rewarding and secure if you do. Really to be in the best place to become one you need to do a job of responsibility beforehand (bus driving even). Or alternatively work a couple of years on the railways in another position before applying for driving (station role or guard). The application process is rigorous with aptitude tests and interviews, and you need a decent academic record. The TOCs want the best suited people for the role due to the high level of responsibility involved and the absolute need for the employee to be reliable and dependable. However if you're committed, hard working, have good situational awareness and show a genuie interest in the railways, sure you can do it.  I know someone who is a driver who loves the job who started as a guard at the same company.

Ashley 60171

150105 reported as being on the Snow Hill line on Friday.

Trident 4194

@Tony what line is that 153/150 on on main site?

Tony

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2016, 06:10:23 PM
Which photo?

Most recent one on main site at rugeley 350 you have stated but 153 is just viewable

Kevin

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 09, 2016, 06:18:31 PM
Most recent one on main site at rugeley 350 you have stated but 153 is just viewable

It's at Rugeley, so take a wild guess out of all the routes LM operate which could it possibly be?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 09, 2016, 06:18:31 PM

That's a 153/170 that's what threw me. any 153/150 combos are from a few years back, so harder to remember

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2016, 06:34:46 PM
That's a 153/170 that's what threw me. any 153/150 combos are from a few years back, so harder to remember

Oh ok apologies and thanks for that

I'm off to fetch a 323 back from Crewe LNWR shortly. It's running as 5L01 and booked 18.30 departure from  Crewe if any one is interested in viewing it. I will update the info if things change.
Flickr account  - Merc Benz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk