News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: Dom on February 06, 2018, 07:57:32 PM
The 9 only really suffers in the peaks, the 99 suffered constantly. The 244 has been one of the most reliable Pensnett services since its introduction.

Is 1245 peak in Stourbridge these days?

I'm surprised they don't timetable short workings to cover this type of thing - especially if it's a fairly regular occurrence - from a customer service point of view having three or four turn up at once is a bit of a PR disaster. It can be infuriating as a customer especially if you miss multiple connections as a result making you very late - I'm currently one hour late owing to a succession of rail related problems - if I hadn't skipped one of the trains by catching a bus I'd be another 20 mins later!! Thank the Lord for delay repay!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: Dom on February 06, 2018, 06:49:54 PM
A hell of a lot of hard work!

And Some hardcore tea drinking I would guess (or maybe coffee) 👍

Dom

Quote from: don on February 06, 2018, 08:35:14 PM
And Some hardcore tea drinking I would guess (or maybe coffee) 👍

Have you ever been?

don

ARBB

@Trident 4194

One of the buses you saw running private around 10am may well have been a driver on a 4 day duty, who may have been running late. One of the duties first portions totals 4:48hr therefore continuing in service whilst being late could push beyond 5:30hr meaning the bus would have to be parked thus meaning the service is disrupted further. Further to this, the driver who becomes 'RTA'd' would then have to run their vehicle to the relief point then take over their next vehicle, meaning both vehicles would have to be adjusted.

Before commenting, I would suggest that you seek advice from other members on the site. Many of the members on this site could give you a real insight into the running of a bus service, running a garage, adjusting services or even driving a bus and getting stuck in traffic. I suggest that you learn from people in the business rather than looking in from the outside.

Trident 4194

Just been from colmore row. Traffic doing quite well this side of the city. Can understand in peaks it's a different story.

On a side note I went on the x61 to brum. Is it always this congested around belgrave middleway?

the trainbasher

Someone's got a sense of humour

760 on the 129

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 07, 2018, 03:05:03 PM
Someone's got a sense of humour

760 on the 129

Or maybe the desire to keep an every 30 minute serice running? Rather have a bus albeit small rather than no bus at all for an hour.

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 07, 2018, 02:59:01 PM

On a side note I went on the x61 to brum. Is it always this congested around belgrave middleway?
Holloway Circus works is too blame for that.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on February 07, 2018, 03:39:54 PM
Holloway Circus works is too blame for that.

Been no problems at Holloway Circus. Begrave Middleway always has a long queue back up Bristol Road. Most vehicle normally get across on the second cycle after arriving in the queue because the  lights are on green for a good length of time

the trainbasher

Quote from: Dom on February 07, 2018, 03:13:29 PM
Or maybe the desire to keep an every 30 minute serice running? Rather have a bus albeit small rather than no bus at all for an hour.

I know that, I was implying jokingly that the detergent in the wash has changed without saying it.

As an aside, 4439 is on 222

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

Done w good job recovering the 9 since this morning. Earlier convoy of 4 to Stourbridge which led to a fast journey to Stourbridge. Now they look like there running very well

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 08, 2018, 03:44:48 PM
Done w good job recovering the 9 since this morning. Earlier convoy of 4 to Stourbridge which led to a fast journey to Stourbridge. Now they look like there running very well

@Tony it looks like Pensnett has a new inspector that can see the whole route and how it's running
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

DJ

Quote from: Chris on February 08, 2018, 03:53:02 PM
@Tony it looks like Pensnett has a new inspector that can see the whole route and how it's running

I wonder if he's related to Blakey at all?  :D

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4194

2 244s due within 5 minutes of each other- that's a turn up for the books!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk