News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Farm Workers Transport Stafford

Started by tphi12000, August 18, 2012, 11:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

is w171eax still in Cardiff livery. There was a blue and white Dart turning outside the station last Saturday afternoon.

Cheese

Quote from: mikestone on May 28, 2016, 10:59:42 AM
is w171eax still in Cardiff livery. There was a blue and white Dart turning outside the station last Saturday afternoon.

Yes it is, so the blue and white Dart must have been something else.

Dylanbusboy45

Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown V532GDS seen on the farm workers transport today. Was in a plain purple livery and is former Go North East.
Quick question: can I see these farm buses at certain times or are they random?

Cheese

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on August 20, 2016, 05:52:52 PM
Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown V532GDS seen on the farm workers transport today. Was in a plain purple livery and is former Go North East.
Quick question: can I see these farm buses at certain times or are they random?

Often seems to be a couple of Olympians parked in Tesco car park around half 4, there was at least one day last week when I was going home on the train but doesn't seem to be every day. Probably have to be in the right place at the right time, sometimes see one when walking back to the station, sometimes don't.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Cheese on August 21, 2016, 08:00:33 AM
Often seems to be a couple of Olympians parked in Tesco car park around half 4, there was at least one day last week when I was going home on the train but doesn't seem to be every day. Probably have to be in the right place at the right time, sometimes see one when walking back to the station, sometimes don't.

Ok thanks @Cheese Think I saw the 2 Olympians in the car park yesterday. Wondered what they were doing!

Cheese

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on August 21, 2016, 06:37:22 PM
Ok thanks @Cheese Think I saw the 2 Olympians in the car park yesterday. Wondered what they were doing!

The Veolia liveried one J823CEV is a bit of a regular, the Arriva liveried one M915MKM has become a regular one of late.  Haven't seen former TWM Metrobus 2449 (now registered MUY517X) for a good while now, although judging by the state of it last time I saw it perhaps that isn't too much of a surprise.  Haven't seen the Wilts & Dorset liveried DAF M20WAL recently either.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Cheese on August 21, 2016, 08:02:26 PM
The Veolia liveried one J823CEV is a bit of a regular, the Arriva liveried one M915MKM has become a regular one of late.  Haven't seen former TWM Metrobus 2449 (now registered MUY517X) for a good while now, although judging by the state of it last time I saw it perhaps that isn't too much of a surprise.  Haven't seen the Wilts & Dorset liveried DAF M20WAL recently either.

They definitely have a good variety of buses just to take people to the farm!

Cheese

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on August 21, 2016, 08:03:47 PM
They definitely have a good variety of buses just to take people to the farm!

Probably more a case of run it until it breaks then buy something else, everything they have looks in a right state.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Cheese on August 21, 2016, 08:04:44 PM
Probably more a case of run it until it breaks then buy something else, everything they have looks in a right state.

Yes when I saw the B10BLE yesterday I thought it was in a horrible state. The good side is some of these older buses are types that are pretty rare to see in other places

mikestone

Two  London double decks noted heading along Newport Road today, which reminds me that a couple of weeks ago I saw what looked like an ex-TWM single decker doing  the same thing.

Cheese

B10BLE V532GDS noted heading empty back down Newport Road, and 2 deckers noted parked in Tesco car park just now, one appeared to be a dark red ALX400, couldn't see if it was a London one, other vehicle was an East Lancs bodied decker, possibly a Citybus but couldn't easily identify it. Haven't seen either of the two deckers on farm transport before.

mikestone

Another DD noted heading down Newport Road in a white and mauve livery.

Hector

The white / mauve DD sounds like H681GPF, and the ALX400 is Y475UGC, both of which were running for Littywood Farm on 13th May when noted at Tesco.

mikestone

Thanks - from the latest phote of H681GPF I would say you are right.

Busman Jamie

Ex arriva Y351uon is another addition still in arriva liverey but with fleet names painted over

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk