News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Vehicle Defects, Missing Livery / Logos, Odditites - Reports only No commenting!

Started by Wba_lad, December 13, 2023, 11:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wba_lad

32227, was parked on a stand in West Bromwich bus station, unloading after 45 service and front lights was flashing (flickering). This could be dangerous if somone thinks the driver is flashing them out of a junction. It's gone back out in service too.

Wba_lad

mesub

Probably best to put this in the question and answer thread, since that's where's Simon checks most often.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

TheMidlandsTrident

I figured i would make a new topic as i couldnt find anything similar. Please add to another if there is one though. 

I even consider myself nitpicking here but still.

Redditch

30165 - Broken Retarder (insanely loud, if you know you know)
30167 - Back seats are fully ripped, and revs semi weirdly
30169 - Gearbox takes a long time to change gears, bus redlines for at least 20 seconds.
30503 - Last time i rode it, it was constantly beeping.
30507 - Back of the bus is warm, very much overheating.
30508 - ^^
30828 - Has a blown exhaust, credit were credits due sounds insane.
30852 - Air suspension is broken, constantly goes up and down when idling.
32212 - (bar 32218) 32219 Gearbox is utter rubbish
32219 - No light coverings, and last time i was on it it broke down. Gearbox is utter rubbish.

40625 + 40626 Insane over revving at idle, heard many passengers say god this bus is loud or similar.
Warwickshire Trident Ranking.
1. MX05 WHR
2. SF55 TZS
3. KX55 TLY
4. PX04 DOJ
Local Routes: 28, 247
Fav Routes Further Away: 15, X19, 57/58, X18, X20

Lukeee

Quote from: TheMidlandsTrident on February 28, 2024, 04:47:31 PMI figured i would make a new topic as i couldnt find anything similar. Please add to another if there is one though.

Redditch

30169 - Gearbox takes a long time to change gears, bus redlines for at least 20 seconds.
30508 - ^^
32219 - No light coverings, and last time i was on it it broke down. Gearbox is utter rubbish.

40625 + 40626 Insane over revving at idle, heard many passengers say god this bus is loud or similar.
30852 - doubt it would be on the road with broken air suspension, if its doing this whilst idling it's could be the bus just dumping excess air and sucking air, old volvos tend to do this when idling. 

MW

Quote from: Lukeee on February 28, 2024, 07:37:00 PM30852 - doubt it would be on the road with broken air suspension, if its doing this whilst idling it's could be the bus just dumping excess air and sucking air, old volvos tend to do this when idling.

It's a floor levelling problem by the sounds of it. NXWM 4500 does the same. Makes you feel like you're on a boat when stuck in traffic.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: TheMidlandsTrident on February 28, 2024, 04:47:31 PMI figured i would make a new topic as i couldnt find anything similar. Please add to another if there is one though.

Redditch

30508 - ^^

I am sure you are aware the Terms of operating vehicles means we have to have systems in place to manage the repair and maintenance of our vehicles.

It would be useful to have some context of this list.   I have spoken to our engineering tonight and it is fair to say, that we have had some of these defects on the individuals buses.  However, in line with our systems the vehicles have either been removed from service until they are repaired or have been repaired.  A few examples would be (comments from an Engineering Supervisor).

30828 - exhaust was repaired last week first I saw of it on the vcr card I had a look and the flexi had snapped that has since been replaced 

30167 - this has been off the road for over a month and half waiting for an engine so I'm unsure how this has been picked up however I'm sure the seats in this bus are fine.

It would be useful to understand how recent each of these "defects" are.  It feels like this is an accumulation of things you have potentially witnessed over a period of time.   If so, defects do happen in service.   

Simon

Rachvince53

Quote from: MW on February 28, 2024, 07:54:18 PMIt's a floor levelling problem by the sounds of it. NXWM 4500 does the same. Makes you feel like you're on a boat when stuck in traffic.
Some of the NX Tridents did the same.

Westy

I thought this thread was supposed to be the equivalent of the Nx Oddities Defects etc thread for Diamond?

TheMidlandsTrident

QuoteIt's a floor levelling problem by the sounds of it. NXWM 4500 does the same. Makes you feel like you're on a boat when stuck in traffic.

Yep feels weird. I can link a video if anyone would like.
1. MX05 WHR
2. SF55 TZS
3. KX55 TLY
4. PX04 DOJ

TheMidlandsTrident

QuoteI am sure you are aware the Terms of operating vehicles means we have to have systems in place to manage the repair and maintenance of our vehicles.

It would be useful to have some context of this list.  I have spoken to our engineering tonight and it is fair to say, that we have had some of these defects on the individuals buses.  However, in line with our systems the vehicles have either been removed from service until they are repaired or have been repaired.  A few examples would be (comments from an Engineering Supervisor).

30828 - exhaust was repaired last week first I saw of it on the vcr card I had a look and the flexi had snapped that has since been replaced

30167 - this has been off the road for over a month and half waiting for an engine so I'm unsure how this has been picked up however I'm sure the seats in this bus are fine.

It would be useful to understand how recent each of these "defects" are.  It feels like this is an accumulation of things you have potentially witnessed over a period of time.  If so, defects do happen in service. 

Simon
It is good to hear the vehicles are getting fixed. Most of these happened over 6 months so not all may still be active but like today i was on 30169 and it still has a very slow gearbox.
1. MX05 WHR
2. SF55 TZS
3. KX55 TLY
4. PX04 DOJ

winston

Quote from: TheMidlandsTrident on February 29, 2024, 04:26:06 PMIt is good to hear the vehicles are getting fixed. Most of these happened over 6 months so not all may still be active but like today i was on 30169 and it still has a very slow gearbox.
Why bother reporting defects from 6 months ago, only current ones are worthwhile.

There was already a vehicle defect thread only created late last year too.

B7RLE

20165 is having gear issues, constantly getting stuck with the driver having to put it into neutral and back into drive

TheMidlandsTrident

32259 still has yellow buses stickers and branding inside the bus. Still has yellow buses fleet numbers inside as well.
1. MX05 WHR
2. SF55 TZS
3. KX55 TLY
4. PX04 DOJ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk