News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Predictions for 2024

Started by Stu, December 09, 2023, 07:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on December 11, 2023, 09:14:19 PMThen one of the "big boys" buy Diamond ??  ??
Simon, Bob and John are buying it, already confirmed for Q1 2024.

Mayfield

Hydrogens never all out together on the same day

Lukeee

Quote from: Mayfield on December 12, 2023, 03:41:00 PMHydrogens never all out together on the same day
Unlikely even if they sort out the refueling issues due to MOTs, inspections, breakdowns etc

Rachvince53

Quote from: BN on December 10, 2023, 08:54:49 PMWith the already confirmed disposal of North America, I predict the Cosmen family to take over Alsa part of Mobico.
Leaving NX UK the only business left in the group. NX bus will be taken over by TfWM and the coach arms to be bought by private firms.
I don't think TfWM would be able to buy NX as I don't think they have the legal right to buy a private company.  However TfWM could follow the Manchester area and introduce Franchising which could lead to Stagecoach and Rotala being beneficiaries. 

SuperSonic07

A new bus route to replace the 600 and 25 would come in handy, also a route connecting Erdington and West Bromwitch, and maybe a route connecting Kingstanding, Sutton or erdington to Q.E Hospital?
Local Routes: 5, 16, 28, 51, 52, 61, X51
Localish Routes: 11A, 11C, 16A, 25, 33, 54, 54A, 907, 934, 935, 936, 937, 937A, 997

Quote from: SuperSonic07 on December 12, 2023, 09:27:06 PMA new bus route to replace the 600 and 25 would come in handy, also a route connecting Erdington and West Bromwitch, and maybe a route connecting Kingstanding, Sutton or erdington to Q.E Hospital?
25 and 600 were scrapped due to extremely low usage and being in close proximity to other high frequency routes can't see them coming back.

And how many people really travel from Erdington to West Bromwich?
Probably not enough to warrant its own service I expect. When you can catch the fast X4 into the City and then the metro or the 74 to West Bromwich.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Straightlines

Further industrial action to affect National Express West Midlands.

Lukeee

Payrises for all bus/coach companies in the west midlands 😉

frostjay974

NXWM to take in orders of the next gen E400 EV and E200/100 EV

EK40

Quote from: SuperSonic07 on December 12, 2023, 09:27:06 PMA new bus route to replace the 600 and 25 would come in handy, also a route connecting Erdington and West Bromwitch, and maybe a route connecting Kingstanding, Sutton or erdington to Q.E Hospital?
The 5 and the sutton lines do that just fine tbf 

winston

Quote from: Straightlines on December 12, 2023, 09:43:51 PMFurther industrial action to affect National Express West Midlands.
That's not a prediction, its a fact. 

markcf83

Quote from: j789 on December 10, 2023, 10:15:15 PMAnd hopefully no Labour Mayor here - Andy Street has done a fair job in the grand scheme of things, dealing with the Covid period, etc. As long as there aren't any more global pandemics or similar, passenger numbers will increase next year and hopefully support operators to start being proactive again with new routes.

Andy Burnham to realise that money does not grow on trees, and the Bee livery has to be rebranded as 'U' instead (standing for unmitigated tax payer disaster!)
Agreed,given who runs-allegedly-the City Council in Birmingham. And on Mr Photo Op-as I call Burnham-he has no functioning brain.  
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

There are pros and cons to both labour and tory mayors. Franchising only seems to work in London and even then it doesn't make much money. I don't know who would pay the Drivers Salary would it still be NX if say they were driving a Franchise Route let's say the X1 or would it change if say a new operator were allocated an old NX Route let's say the 16 which in that case would That Driver be happy if they had NX Wages and the new operator paid less. How would smaller firms who run into the County such as Chaserider, Banga and Arriva be affected. How would you get operators like Let's Go to comply with the Franchising ways considering most of there buses don't have a livery. Would NX seem to be happy to loose it's majority. So that goes against Labour there.

But the current mayor Trains yes fine, although HS2 should be scrapped it's pointless now just upgrade and build new loop lines or reopen lines with proper clearance for faster WCML Trains. 22 years ago Richard Branson who I don't like proposed the 390's could do 140MPH and asked if Railtrack/Network Rail could upgrade infrastructure to allow this speed they got to 125MPH surely if we had 140 we could have pushed to 160/180 and now maybe 180/200MPH Trains working to 220MPH Trains for 2030. So yes Local Trains work although the Walsall to Wolverhampton Train is still less convient than getting the 529 The 34 and Darlaston Corridoor and the X51 to Birmingham or even Walsall for a train, would still be quicker than the initial planned Frequency from Darlaston or even getting one to Darlaston and getting the 79 to Wolverhampton or Wednesbury and the Tram from Wednesbury to Brum or the Train from Wolverhampton to Brum or beyond. If you live in the town which a lot who get the 34/37/39 to connect to the Birmingham buses do get on in Darlaston these are more efficient options.

Sprint has been delayed and delayed and delayed. It doesn't inspire Tax Payers when you keep pushing it back. Whose mental idea was it to demolish the Perry Barr Flyover for it you could have repurposed it. Sprint will sit in the same traffic that the 51 and X51 and X1/X2 do now. The fact Sprint goes from Walsall to the Airport is madness when there is now direct Trains to the Airport I believe Semi fast calling at Tame Bridge, New Street and International. That would be more convenient and have more capacity. There is then his obsession with Trams which as someone who regularly uses the 79 including when the Trams failed due to Cracks can testify it was the bus that existed long before the Trams inception that saved the day much to the inconvenience of anyone who lived in Darlaston, Bilston or Moxley who were quicker to use the Bus. So if he extends it to Merry Hill and it fails what takes the slack the good old bus. Yes it is a good idea and one proposed from Merry Hill's inception that is taking place. If the Tram uses the Street Section to Merry Hill then it will be delayed that area is gridlocked around December. The 5's W's he planned including ghr Tram through Darlaston. There is a problem the old Darlaston Town station not far from where the Tram would stop On Picturedome way behind the Main King Street to Darlaston James Bridge line doesn't exist it is now Victoria Park or built over.

The other issue he wants the Tram to go to the Airport you have the Train, Sprint and the Tram going there. BHX is not LHR, it would be nice if he could maybe tempt Singapore Airlines, American and others to BHX to warrant it even Heathrow doesn't have conflicting rivalling transport, the Underground's is part of a different line to the Elizabeth Line and the Heathrow Express only terminates at Paddington and is used for Terminal 5 Express Passengers. So why does BHX need 3 methods not including the X1, 97, X12 and Coaches.

Some of the Tory Ideas are good, I don't know many of Labour's ideas other than Franchising but Both candidates need to forget the Trams Mr Street and Franchising Labour and focus on maybe making the current Buses more efficient ie Bus Lanes or replacing the Perry Barr Flyover or improving the Roads despite the obsession with Transport they both have trying to tempt Mondeo man out of his Mondeo to get on Sprint. People are still going to use cars for freedom of there own Choice, Radio Station's, Setting off Later than getting a bus or 2 to get to Birmingham, they will be quicker and they don't have to risk waiting 40 minutes when a crash, Roadworks, A breakdown or other issues causes buses to be missed out and people to cram onto the first 14 they see. The Car driver can navigate around, have there own space not be stressed, soaked, tired, wet, cold and squashed. Focus on having Buses and Cars work on the roads together then focus on Sprint, Trams which there construction delays the Buses and Sprint more and maybe then extensions. There is no guarantee that any of these extensions Mr Street wants will be profitable and won't be abandoned in 30 years time when I tell my kids years ago that was a Tram Line now it is an Urban Park and walkway or an Urban concrete Canal or a massive Cycle Lane But there is no Gaurantee the Labour Canidate will do much better with his ideas. Both have Pros and Cons I don't really know much about Labour's ideas so can't go into more depth fully. Whereas I do know more Tory ideas or things he is going/continuing to do.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Ginger66

Plausible
The 9 into city will be diverted and will follow the tram via town hall stopping outside the government building on Stephenson St and the pulling into the layby by Urban Outfitters on Corporation St.

Way out there/on another planet
(1)  The Metro Mayor will trial, 'Boris Style buses' in the city centre.

(2a) Trams run 24/7 from first tram on Friday until the last tram on a Sunday evening.
(2b) Night trams continually after 23:00 until 04:00 trams will be every 35 mins throughout the night seven days a week

mesub

We find out what ALF means!!

I think I've got it, but I'd like to see.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk