News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arrogant passengers

Started by Ginger66, November 07, 2023, 08:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

I maybe in the wrong, this morning whilst on 16a, windows were already open down stairs on the bus.

I was sitting under a window, when a fellow passengers closed windows including the one under my head.

As soon as 'she' closed it, I reopened it and she was about to reclose again and didnt like it that I told it staying open as I wanted fresh air 

The reason I could gather she wanted it closed was it was raining and rain coming in through the window and getting wet,  

Ginger66

Quote from: Ginger66 on November 07, 2023, 08:44:04 AMI maybe in the wrong, this morning whilst on 16a, windows were already open down stairs on the bus.

I was sitting under a window, when a fellow passengers closed windows including the one under my head.

As soon as 'she' closed it, I reopened it and she was about to reclose again and didnt like it that I told it staying open as I wanted fresh air

The reason I could gather she wanted it closed was it was raining and rain coming in through the window and getting wet, 

I wouldn't have minded if they asked do you mind shutting the window plz, but to shut them while people are sitting next to open window is rude.  

Jack

Personally when it's this cold I think only 1 or 2 (1 each side) windows should be open. But anymore than that then I will be closing the window, the buses have heating and most passengers don't want to catch pneumonia or get wet from rain coming from the open windows on them.

Danthebusman

Good thing the EVs have fresh air circulation on them, removing the need to open any windows for ventilation/fresh air, thus (hopefully) preventing these window wars.

Gareth

Quote from: Ginger66 on November 07, 2023, 08:44:04 AMThe reason I could gather she wanted it closed was it was raining and rain coming in through the window and getting wet, 

That's a good reason for wanting to close a window! Sitting behind an open window is worse than sitting next to an open window.

Unfortunately it's an impossible situation. She could have asked to be polite, but you would have said no anyway. There's no winnners here.

mranon

this is why buses should these days have climate control, a much more comfortable environment, and does away with these window wars. I remember having to keep going and opening when they had to be open so we could operate during covid.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk