News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Dudley Bus Station

Started by 2900, October 28, 2023, 10:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: karl724223 on January 16, 2024, 07:35:50 AMSo whinge at tfwm and the contractors tgen
Indeed - it will be interesting to see their response. But did they insist on everyone involved keeping it secret (or to quote you - keeping advance info 'on a need to know basis')? 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Quote from: don on January 16, 2024, 08:58:18 AMIndeed - it will be interesting to see their response. But did they insist on everyone involved keeping it secret (or to quote you - keeping advance info 'on a need to know basis')?
I guess the answer is yes, because you can probably guess what would have happened...

...you'd have had loads of people turning up trying to get into a closed bus station, and you'd have ended up with some cretins breaking in and 'trespassing' on what is now private property.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Quote from: Stu on January 16, 2024, 09:18:02 AMI guess the answer is yes, because you can probably guess what would have happened...

...you'd have had loads of people turning up trying to get into a closed bus station, and you'd have ended up with some cretins breaking in and 'trespassing' on what is now private property.

Take wolves open day a ex member of this forum was throwed off site for starting bus engines up 

BBS

QuoteWouldn't shove all the busy services for one shelter, when there's an empty one not in use. Nice to see they've bothered to give the 6 its own shelter but not thought about giving the 74 and 87 there own one.
I believe the unserved one is DY7, would be a perfect stop for the 74 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: BBS on January 16, 2024, 09:49:16 AMI believe the unserved one is DY7, would be a perfect stop for the 74
I would assume that stop is reserved for unloading only.
My locals:

Jack

Quote from: Stu on January 16, 2024, 11:40:16 AMI would assume that stop is reserved for unloading only.
Does it require a shelter for Unload Only? Waste of money a Pole Stop would have made sense. To have an empty unused shelter sitting there when there's about 3/4 in the surrounding area overflowing makes no sense.

karl724223

Quote from: Jack on January 16, 2024, 02:40:10 PMDoes it require a shelter for Unload Only? Waste of money a Pole Stop would have made sense. To have an empty unused shelter sitting there when there's about 3/4 in the surrounding area overflowing makes no sense.
Have you actually been down there watching buses or just moaning from looking at a piece of paper 
Only it's day three of operation and I've not heard of any problems yet  just you on here 

Jack

Quote from: karl724223 on January 16, 2024, 03:21:11 PMHave you actually been down there watching buses or just moaning from looking at a piece of paper
Only it's day three of operation and I've not heard of any problems yet  just you on here
Yes I was there myself watching, I wasn't the only one who thought the same either. Waiting for a 87 that ended up arriving half an hour late. 

Really? Yesterday evening was a nightmare.

Stu

My locals:

Plenty of NXWB drivers complaining about Diamond drivers using the unloading stop for relief swaps plus they say its a shit show, i,m back in tomorrow no doubt it'll be great fun. 

Justin Tyme

More of a comment about Dudley town centre than the bus stands.

I travelled on a 126 to Dudley on Sunday, arriving just before 12 noon.  There was alot of activity around the new stands but things seemed to be working OK, especially considering it was the first day.

What I found sad was that after Burnt Tree (Tesco), I was the only passenger on the bus.  I know of course that Merry Hill sucked the life out of Dudley town centre, but I hope this isn't typical.  Is Dudley normally worth visiting on a Sunday?

Quote from: Justin Tyme on January 17, 2024, 10:44:55 PMMore of a comment about Dudley town centre than the bus stands.

I travelled on a 126 to Dudley on Sunday, arriving just before 12 noon.  There was alot of activity around the new stands but things seemed to be working OK, especially considering it was the first day.

What I found sad was that after Burnt Tree (Tesco), I was the only passenger on the bus.  I know of course that Merry Hill sucked the life out of Dudley town centre, but I hope this isn't typical.  Is Dudley normally worth visiting on a Sunday?
Dudley town has been dying for years, My sister ran a shop there for years when Argos closed that was the last straw, the footfall tailed off dramatically at that end of Dudley 

Jack

Any idea why there's an NX E200 parked up in Dudley Bus Station? 

Quote from: Jack on January 19, 2024, 02:17:28 PMAny idea why there's an NX E200 parked up in Dudley Bus Station?
probably pennsnett staff bus

karl724223

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk