News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Nx giving routes up

Started by Hayes, July 31, 2023, 05:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D10

Quote from: Solo1 on August 02, 2023, 06:30:01 AMBig question was why did they shut lea hall now they need a depot over that way
Remembering back to what us office staff for the group at the time were told in 2010 was that NX Group was still struggling as a result of the recent handing back of the East Coast rail franchise and Stagecoach's failed takeover bid.

All parts of the company were asked to make savings to help restore the groups fortunes, so bus division decided to close a garage to reduce overheads. Lea Hall was one of the smaller ones and all it's work work could be transferred to other locations.

Gareth

Quote from: ellspurs on August 02, 2023, 09:54:04 AMThe last Google Street view image, but I think the TWM signs have come down since then.

I think there might have been noise issues with it (like Washwood Heath), or it was just something they didn't feel they needed at the time, as it is a bit small (especially in comparison to Acocks Green).

Back while it was still open
The TWM signs are still up at LH.
As far as I know, unlike Quinton, Washwood Heath wasn't closed for noise complaints. It was built in 1907 and at 90 years old it was the oldest and possibly the smallest capacity on the system. It just wasn't really suitable for modern bus operation anymore.

BusDriverBosh

Quote from: Stu on July 31, 2023, 07:31:17 AMNo, not for at least another year anyway, see:
https://wmbu.org.uk/2023/07/nx-bus-network-preserved-until-2024-despite-losses/

As for closing of depots, the next one that will close will be Birmingham Central, but the intention is to replace that with two new ones, however that won't happen any time soon, probably in the next few years.

I think Birmingham Central has been given around 2 years, that's what the email said what we was sent as drivers.
Bus Driver
X2 - Birmingham ➡️ Solihull Station
X12 - Birmingham ➡️ Solihull Station
X13 - Birmingham ➡️ Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk