News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New tenders

Started by Jack D, July 03, 2023, 08:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack D

How can we see new tenders?

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Jack D

I'm talking about what's out for tender, e.g the new 25 route how can we see these?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Jack D on July 05, 2023, 06:40:30 PMI'm talking about what's out for tender, e.g the new 25 route how can we see these?
Don't think there made public only item iv ever found was the outcomes
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on July 05, 2023, 06:40:30 PMI'm talking about what's out for tender, e.g the new 25 route how can we see these?
You'll have to start up your own bus company and register with TfWM as an operator, then request invitations to bid on contracts.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Coventrybususer95

Wonder when the results will be announced 

winston

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 12, 2023, 04:02:43 PMWonder when the results will be announced
Tenders are only being submitted by operators the end of this week. 

As for results, probably only two weeks before like last time.  

Jack D

Any news on these October tenders?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Jack D on September 02, 2023, 07:33:51 AMAny news on these October tenders?
Not yet 

But the 96 has been awarded to national express 

BK63 YWP

X21 going to merry hill via 002 route hourly on Sundays, I wonder if the Diamonds 002 will be renumbered to 21? @Simon Dunn 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack D

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on September 02, 2023, 07:38:50 AMNot yet

Why would they want to go back on a service they withdrew last time? Are they going to make changes to it?

Tony

Quote from: Jack D on September 03, 2023, 05:13:39 PMWhy would they want to go back on a service they withdrew last time? Are they going to make changes to it?

It's tendered!

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on September 02, 2023, 07:38:50 AMNot yet

Are they running it to the airport

ellspurs

From what I think I understand it is just the daytime journeys Mon-Sat that Diamond took on an emergency tender earlier in the year. Diamond are still operating the evening/Sunday journeys to the Airport.

MasterPlan

Quote from: BK63 YWP on September 02, 2023, 10:44:20 AMX21 going to merry hill via 002 route hourly on Sundays, I wonder if the Diamonds 002 will be renumbered to 21? @Simon Dunn

If anything, the X21 should be renumbered 21 and these Merry Hill runs numbered 21A.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk