News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare rise and ticket changes July 2023

Started by Ginger66, June 18, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

Quote from: karl724223 on March 16, 2024, 07:06:17 PMN bus tickets valid in tfwm land all operators
Daysaver extra valid on nx buses only issued outside tfwm land
One thing you've all missed is revenue on a daysaver extra ticket Nxwm get full £4.50
When bus is outside tfwm land I think the nbus ticket goes of the ticket machine so only daysaver extra can be issued outside tfwm land

This is always what I thought since the start, with nearly all NX tickets being morphed into a 'nBus West Midlands' this has created the benefit that NX drivers no longer have to deal with the hassle of ticket boundaries on nBus or local area tickets, the only exception to this is the NXCov Student ticket which I think only exists because Stagecoach has a similar product.

The issue remains with the Daysaver Extra infomation which is suggesting what was the old rules, i.e (NX)Daysaver not nBus applies for travelling on NX buses outside the nBus zone, however that is no longer the case apparently.

Westy

There's a bloke at work I know that lives in Cheslyn Hay, that goes to the Villa.

Sure I've given him the X51 timetable in the past.

Must ask him how he gets there!

Quote from: JPC on March 17, 2024, 01:10:19 PMthe only exception to this is the NXCov Student ticket which I think only exists because Stagecoach has a similar product.
It looks like this is why Coventry seem to have a cheaper monthly/termly pass as stagecoach seem to run this ticket

But i'm sure the NX one covers journey options stagecoach don't do, such as Coventry to Uni of Warwick hence the dotted line.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: karl724223 on March 16, 2024, 07:06:17 PMN bus tickets valid in tfwm land all operators

Yes.  When I get an nBus day ticket on an NXWM bus, the ticket says:-

"NOT VALID ON OTHER OPERATORS OUTSIDE OF THE WEST MIDLANDS"

So clearly, it's valid on all NXWM and NXC services everywhere plus all operators in TfWM land.  I have travelled on NX buses to Nuneaton and Rugby (among other "outside" towns) using nBus day tickets issued on NXWM buses without any issues.  What I haven't tried yet is doing the same using nBus tickets issued by other operators.

Quote from: karl724223 on March 16, 2024, 07:06:17 PMDaysaver extra valid on nx buses only issued outside tfwm land
When bus is outside tfwm land I think the nbus ticket goes of the ticket machine so only daysaver extra can be issued outside tfwm land

That makes sense to me.

Westy

Quote from: Justin Tyme on March 17, 2024, 04:48:34 PMYes.  When I get an nBus day ticket on an NXWM bus, the ticket says:-

"NOT VALID ON OTHER OPERATORS OUTSIDE OF THE WEST MIDLANDS"

So clearly, it's valid on all NXWM and NXC services everywhere plus all operators in TfWM land.  I have travelled on NX buses to Nuneaton and Rugby (among other "outside" towns) using nBus day tickets issued on NXWM buses without any issues.  What I haven't tried yet is doing the same using nBus tickets issued by other operators.

That makes sense to me.
I've just checked the one I had on the 7th March while I was off work off an NX vehicle, and it doesn't say that at all!

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on March 16, 2024, 10:45:16 PMSwift outside the West Midlands | Transport for West Midlands (tfwm.org.uk)
If you click on the above link and select Kidderminster,  it takes you to the Diamond website (they operate most services in the town). At the bottom of their page, it states "nBus is only valid in the West Midlands" which according to some comments is untrue for NX Buses. 

bususer28

Interestingly enough I made a trip down to Bromsgrove on the 20 last Saturday and I used my Swift Go pass because of multi-operator capping. Having had a little look at my journey history, I was charged £4.50 for the cost of that day's nBus ticket but I was charged an additional £2 for what I can only assume was the journey I made on the 20 back from Bromsgrove. I appreciate that this only applies to Swift Go tickets but this would suggest that nBus day tickets on Swift Go are not valid outside the West Midlands although NX do accept them whilst other operators do not. I assume that if contactless were to be rolled out across all operators a similar thing may arise. 
It would be interesting to see if an mticket nBus day ticket would be accepted by NX readers outside the West Midlands county boundary. 

the trainbasher

QuoteIt would be interesting to see if an mticket nBus day ticket would be accepted by NX readers outside the West Midlands county boundary.
That and the "Daysavers" on the Uber app that NXWM are selling, if they are nbus ones or Daysaver Extras.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

Quote from: Westy on March 17, 2024, 01:24:43 PMThere's a bloke at work I know that lives in Cheslyn Hay, that goes to the Villa.

Sure I've given him the X51 timetable in the past.

Must ask him how he gets there!
He uses car or train, so bang goes that one!

Westy

Asked Mark Fitchew via one of his blogs, & this is his answer.

Bear in mind, he's a regular driver on the X3, which crosses the WM boundary into Staffs.

Regarding the N Bus, our Innit ticket machines automatically remove the option of issuing an N Bus outside the County, coming up with the NX Extra ticket instead, the same price but only valid on our buses.
We're able to issue these in the West Midlands as well but it's difficult, and indeed, confusing for passengers, to understand the difference between the two tickets, so, rather than having to ask every passenger if they're going beyong the boundary or not, we just issue an N Bus and accept them on return trips, making sure, if asked, that we let passengers know that out of the boundary, these tickets are only valid on NXWM buses. I hope that helps!

BlackCountryBusSpotter

If I was to get 4 buses Darlo to Walsall Walsall to Lichfield and then vice Versa. If I paid by Card would I pay £2 on four buses so £8 or would they charge me for a daysaver £4.50 or is it better to pay £4.50 on My first Bus in cash and know I don't have to pay again
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

j789

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on April 27, 2024, 10:07:20 PMIf I was to get 4 buses Darlo to Walsall Walsall to Lichfield and then vice Versa. If I paid by Card would I pay £2 on four buses so £8 or would they charge me for a daysaver £4.50 or is it better to pay £4.50 on My first Bus in cash and know I don't have to pay again
It should cap it at £4.50 via card payments as long as you used NX buses for all trips. You may have an issue if you caught a non- NX bus in the West Mids on one trip though. I'm old school though and would much rather have a paper ticket so would pay cash knowing there won't be any issue then.

Quote from: j789 on April 27, 2024, 11:23:44 PMIt should cap it at £4.50 via card payments as long as you used NX buses for all trips. You may have an issue if you caught a non- NX bus in the West Mids on one trip though. I'm old school though and would much rather have a paper ticket so would pay cash knowing there won't be any issue then.
If you ask the driver before scanning the card a paper ticket can be issued, 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: 2206 on Yesterday at 12:23:38 AMIf you ask the driver before scanning the card a paper ticket can be issued,
Can I buy an Adult Daysaver with Card or would I still tap on every bus and show the ticket as I will be getting NX buses only as I'm sure with waiting times of the Train Vs the bus it would take the same amount of time from Walsall to Lichfield and the bus is cheaper
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

mesub

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 10:53:22 AMCan I buy an Adult Daysaver with Card or would I still tap on every bus and show the ticket as I will be getting NX buses only as I'm sure with waiting times of the Train Vs the bus it would take the same amount of time from Walsall to Lichfield and the bus is cheaper

Just buy it on card. Once you've got the paper daysaver ticket, it's exactly like you've paid it in cash, so you would just show the paper ticket to the driver.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk