News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service/timetable changes from 2nd July 2023

Started by Stu, June 13, 2023, 07:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Tony on June 14, 2023, 03:59:16 PMThe good news is this isn't happening. It is now staying 20 min frequency for each service
OK well that is good news for passengers, but someone better tell TfWM because they have now wasted a good load of money printing off new timetable posters and getting stops updated!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Budgie

Looking at some of the changes from start of July and they are absolutely horrific. That isn't passing judgement of whether they should be made, we have to accept NXs judgement on that. They are massive though.  Look at the 29 Walsall which will have a higher Sunday frequency (for the part trip) than the Mon-Sat when buses run through. Every 20 minutes down from every 7-8 on the shorts section. OUCH.

There are clear errors on some of the timetables such as the 11/11A Dudley to Walsall on a Saturday. The timetable says no service between 0920 and 1707 in the Walsall direction but a reduction to 30 minutes/combined 15 in the opposite.  If the timetables are right, the 39 loses its Sunday service completely- could be an error if the reduction to 20 minutes from 15 is the 34 shorts going rather than the 39 going. I assume it is right though.

However, the end is nigh for the 10. One of the few non Brum bound services to get a 30 minute in the evening for 7 days a weeks until recently. Sunday's hourly service starting super early now and other days losing their 30 minutes too.

The favoured 4 in Brum, down to every 15 minutes from every 6-12 minutes. Pretty brutal. As I say, no saying it shouldn't happen only wow that it is.

the trainbasher

QuoteLooking at some of the changes from start of July and they are absolutely horrific. That isn't passing judgement of whether they should be made, we have to accept NXs judgement on that. They are massive though.  Look at the 29 Walsall which will have a higher Sunday frequency (for the part trip) than the Mon-Sat when buses run through. Every 20 minutes down from every 7-8 on the shorts section. OUCH.

There are clear errors on some of the timetables such as the 11/11A Dudley to Walsall on a Saturday. The timetable says no service between 0920 and 1707 in the Walsall direction but a reduction to 30 minutes/combined 15 in the opposite.  If the timetables are right, the 37 loses its Sunday service completely- could be an error if the reduction to 20 minutes from 15 is the 34 shorts going rather than the 37 going. I assume it is right though.

However, the end is nigh for the 10. One of the few non Brum bound services to get a 30 minute in the evening for 7 days a weeks until recently. Sunday's hourly service starting super early now and other days losing their 30 minutes too.

The favoured 4 in Brum, down to every 15 minutes from every 6-12 minutes. Pretty brutal. As I say, no saying it shouldn't happen only wow that it is.
The WA37 timetable is showing on the PDF on Sundays

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MasterPlan

A permanent change to the 45 in amongst all the temporary adjustments.

45 | Birmingham - Longbridge: The Monday - Friday frequency will be reduced to every 15 minutes all day. There will be a permanent change to the 45, which will terminate at West Heath after 9pm and no longer serve Longbridge. The frequency will also be reduced to every 20 minutes, combined with the 47 service.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Budgie

Apologies, I meant the 39 not the 37. Schoolboy error. Sorry

Stu

Quote from: Budgie on June 21, 2023, 06:16:44 PMThe favoured 4 in Brum, down to every 15 minutes from every 6-12 minutes. Pretty brutal. As I say, no saying it shouldn't happen only wow that it is.
4A also reduced to every 15 minutes, but still a combined 7/8 minute frequency between city centre and Acocks Green. So not that 'brutal' really.
My locals:

mesub

Good win for the 822, which has now regained its route back into the city centre instead of terminating at Harborne.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Sh4318

Quote from: Budgie on June 21, 2023, 06:16:44 PMLooking at some of the changes from start of July and they are absolutely horrific. That isn't passing judgement of whether they should be made, we have to accept NXs judgement on that. They are massive though.  Look at the 29 Walsall which will have a higher Sunday frequency (for the part trip) than the Mon-Sat when buses run through. Every 20 minutes down from every 7-8 on the shorts section. OUCH.

There are clear errors on some of the timetables such as the 11/11A Dudley to Walsall on a Saturday. The timetable says no service between 0920 and 1707 in the Walsall direction but a reduction to 30 minutes/combined 15 in the opposite.  If the timetables are right, the 39 loses its Sunday service completely- could be an error if the reduction to 20 minutes from 15 is the 34 shorts going rather than the 39 going. I assume it is right though.

Worth noting that these are just summer timetables
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Rachvince53

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 22, 2023, 11:41:38 AMWorth noting that these are just summer timetables
With the exception of the 45 after 9pm.  Looking at these timetable changes, anyone would think hardly anyone works during July and August.

MasterPlan

It also says there will be further changes on the 23rd July.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Rachvince53

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 22, 2023, 02:32:09 PMIt also says there will be further changes on the 23rd July.
School holiday timetables until September. 

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 22, 2023, 12:54:06 PMWith the exception of the 45 after 9pm.  Looking at these timetable changes, anyone would think hardly anyone works during July and August.
Probably less children/students going to school, college etc.
The main City - Acocks Green section seems to be going from every 6 to 7/8 minutes, so not a great change as well. And the whole route still has a very frequent service;
Also maybe they will use more deckers on the 4 while the schools are off.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 22, 2023, 12:54:06 PMWith the exception of the 45 after 9pm.  Looking at these timetable changes, anyone would think hardly anyone works during July and August.
With the schools being off, many people do like to go away on holiday or have time off from work.
My locals:

Budgie

Normally I agree with everything that is said by the admin on here. I'm not sure I do in this case. I stand by my comment that the cuts to the 4 are brutal.  I accept they are not if you travel within the core section where it interworks with the 4A. However, the independent running part of the 4 is only slightly less the time frame as the whole of the WA31. When I used to use the Birmingham end of the 4 route, I'm sure it went up to a 5 minute frequency throughout when a rival pulled off it. I don't think there was any splitting at Olton in those days.  I'm getting old and maybe forgetting what actually happened.  I did look at the map before making that comment and didn't think the 4 and 4A necessarily ran that close together after the split, if they do the cuts are not so brutal.

I am not a fan of the cuts to extremities of routes on the grounds that the core parts keep a decent service (whilst respecting NX Management will be doing what they need to).  The reduction to a 40 minutes service on the 37 and 39 on a Saturday for example. Yes the core is still every 10 minutes but not everyone uses only the core sections. Didn't the 39 used to run every 20 minutes in the near past?

Budgie

Are we sure all the cuts are for the summer only (but the 45 after 9pm) ? I'm sure most are. The day time reductions I do get being summer only, that makes sense. Does a Sunday evening service see that much reduction over the summer compared to the standard? Not all the changes seem to be showing on the changes page on Bus Times so it is hard to tell what is for 8-9 weeks and what might be more permanent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk