News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service/timetable changes from 2nd July 2023

Started by Stu, June 13, 2023, 07:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

This is a first! TfWM updating timetables at stops BEFORE any published changes have even been announced! :laugh:

You cannot view this attachment.

Noticed this morning at my bus stop on Trittiford Road that there is a new timetable effective from Sunday 2nd July for the 3 (YW).
Apart from some additional journeys during the peaks, the basic daytime frequency Monday to Saturday is being reduced to half-hourly.

There's nothing on the NX Bus website about forthcoming service/timetable changes, though the new timetables for the 2 (also reduced to half-hourly) and 3 are on the TfWM website.

Seems a bit early for summer holiday timetable changes to be honest.

Anyone else seen any as-yet-unannounced timetable changes at stops yet?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 13, 2023, 07:18:44 PMThis is a first! TfWM updating timetables at stops BEFORE any published changes have even been announced! :laugh:

Noticed this morning at my bus stop on Trittiford Road that there is a new timetable effective from Sunday 2nd July for the 3 (YW).
Apart from some additional journeys during the peaks, the basic daytime frequency Monday to Saturday is being reduced to half-hourly.

There's nothing on the NX Bus website about forthcoming service/timetable changes, though the new timetables for the 2 (also reduced to half-hourly) and 3 are on the TfWM website.

Seems a bit early for summer holiday timetable changes to be honest.

Anyone else seen any as-yet-unannounced timetable changes at stops yet?

It is just the school holiday timetable, I believe September is planned for the same service levels as now.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on June 13, 2023, 07:28:33 PMIt is just the school holiday timetable, I believe September is planned for the same service levels as now.
Let's hope it deters YW from putting Omnilinks on it

Coventrybususer95

Wonder what changes are going to happen in Coventry 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

BBS

QuoteLet's hope it deters YW from putting Omnilinks on it
What's Wrong with omnilinks?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Steve3229vp

Quote from: BBS on June 13, 2023, 08:19:23 PMWhat's Wrong with omnilinks?
They're too small, there's too many of them and there is nothing worse than been squashed standing a bus route that is normally operated double deckers. 
Before anyone puts the comment 'better than no bus at all'! Believe me it is not !

BBS

QuoteThey're too small, there's too many of them and there is nothing worse than been squashed standing a bus route that is normally operated double deckers.
Before anyone puts the comment 'better than no bus at all'! Believe me it is not !
Well it is better than no bus, you rather get somewhere in a crowded bus rather than having to do something like Uber which prices have hicked up quite a lot 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

woody38

Can't understand why they don't transfer the omnilinks to Wolverhampton or Walsall where there is less demand & transfer the deckers to depots like Yardley Wood where ther is more demand 

BNH2004

Quote from: woody38 on June 13, 2023, 08:58:47 PMCan't understand why they don't transfer the omnilinks to Wolverhampton or Walsall where there is less demand & transfer the deckers to depots like Yardley Wood where ther is more demand
WN and WA need the deckers they have and WN aren't type trained on them

Tony

Quote from: woody38 on June 13, 2023, 08:58:47 PMCan't understand why they don't transfer the omnilinks to Wolverhampton or Walsall where there is less demand & transfer the deckers to depots like Yardley Wood where ther is more demand
What makes you think Walsall or Wolverhampton have less demand? All garages have the problem of too many singles except BC, CV will be sorted by next month and hopefully all the others by this time next year when 300 more doubles will be available 

James1987

I can't speak for Wolverhampton as I don't use them routes. But I use the Walsall-Birmingham routes a good few times a week and I can assure you their peak time services X51/934-7/997 are rammed full and really do need doubles. I see single deckers on these routes too, to cover for not enough doubles, I was on a single a few weeks ago, standing room only on it. As mentioned before most garages have too many single decker buses, it is what it is for the time been, can't be helped. Hopefully we will see things start to change towards the end of the year/start of next year once new doubles start arriving. 

Stu

Quote from: Tony on June 13, 2023, 07:28:33 PMIt is just the school holiday timetable, I believe September is planned for the same service levels as now.
Thanks, that's reassuring to know. I was just concerned there may be a number of service reductions due to cost-cutting or something like that. In the few years I have been using the 2 and 3 they've always retained a 20min daytime frequency during the holidays, just with reduced journey times.
My locals:

Sh4318

Have WN ever actually operated Omnilinks?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 14, 2023, 07:33:18 AMThanks, that's reassuring to know. I was just concerned there may be a number of service reductions due to cost-cutting or something like that. In the few years I have been using the 2 and 3 they've always retained a 20min daytime frequency during the holidays, just with reduced journey times.
The good news is this isn't happening. It is now staying 20 min frequency for each service

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 13, 2023, 08:17:11 PMLet's hope it deters YW from putting Omnilinks on it
Unfortunately at the present time, they really don't have much of a choice, they've got all these OmniLinks at YW and they need to use them somewhere. While not ideal, they're probably better off on the 2 and 3, than on the 18, 35, 49 or 76.

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 13, 2023, 08:26:10 PMBefore anyone puts the comment 'better than no bus at all'! Believe me it is not !
Quote from: BBS on June 13, 2023, 08:50:18 PMWell it is better than no bus, you rather get somewhere in a crowded bus rather than having to do something like Uber which prices have hicked up quite a lot
When you're waiting at a stop for a bus which sails straight past because it is rammed full, then the feeling is much the same as if a bus didn't turn up.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk