News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on March 10, 2022, 07:38:48 AM
Question @Tony - you caught 178 in Cannock Chase Radio wrap. What did you think of the overall advertising? Was it clear enough for you to get the information you need to tune in and would it have persuaded you to do so?

I saw the same bus at around 16.20 in Heath Town, parked just before the shops/Church (and not in the layby, strangely).

There's 2, 179 as well. I think the advertising certainly comes across easily to what they are advertising. We already do listen to the station occasionaly

B61 ANDREW

Further to Tony's observations in an earlier message , I spent a couple of hours at Cannock Bus Station earlier this week and although I have no idea whether any services were missed out or running late, the Chaserider fleet looked tidy overall , yes there were some older buses running about - better than no bus ??  And it looks if efforts are being made to introduce newer buses.   

Bob

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2022, 05:46:40 PM
On a similar note to my posting about the quality of journeys, yesterday I travelled on a Chaserider service for the first time since the takeover from Arriva, I had walked from Wolverhampton garage to Heathtown to catch the 9 to Bloxwich and the train home, but the first bus to come was a 71. Yes it was a Solo on an inter-urban route 178 in the advert livery, here it is when I got off in Cannock Bus Station http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/2406a.html.

The bus was running on time, I took the last double seat, so a reasonable number of passengers, the bus rode well, sounded healthy enough and was of good condition inside. The driver drove professionally and smoothly and there was a stock of the Cannock map & timetable leaflets available to take in the rack. I took one and it is excellent quality, so my experience of Chaserider is far from some people's on here it seams.
Try being a passenger on pye greens today. Brreakdowns galore, bus stuck halfway on the route broken down, another bus got took off there this morning to cover another breakdown and 606 has broken down that was supposed to replace another breakdown! Its sat dead in the bus stn. Theyre planning to take a vus off the 60 to try and put it on the pye greens, which will please soaking wet passengers waiting for that. Driver reckoned theres no spare buses either

Bob

Another broken down SR solo blocking burns st in chadsmoor. Imagine having to rely on them daily. Even the driver who couldnt get 606 to start said it was embarrassing, cos that was supposed to replace a breakdown 🤣

Westy

At this rate, when will they be able to get those ex airport buses upseated?

Bob

Quote from: Westy on March 16, 2022, 04:48:13 PM
At this rate, when will they be able to get those ex airport buses upseated?

One of thems been out of use for a bit

Tony

178 broke down on Hill Street on the 62 just after 2pm, my wife saw it when she was walking home from the station, it's still there causing over 1 mile of traffic jam 3 hours later when I have just walked home

BusMan Greg

An Urban broke down in Stafford earlier on the 74. It was good the 875 was just pulling round the corner so I could get back to Cannock that way. Anyone noticed the new interior stickers they've been applying? They look smart tbf

Bob

Quote from: Tony on March 16, 2022, 05:17:51 PM
178 broke down on Hill Street on the 62 just after 2pm, my wife saw it when she was walking home from the station, it's still there causing over 1 mile of traffic jam 3 hours later when I have just walked home

There were two Solos had to be towed in off pye greens, not sure about 606, it was still dumped in bus stn neqrly two hours later. Yes breakdowns happen,but considering its a small fleet with many irregular services , like the 62, well not irregular, just low frequency, the effects,are felt a lot more than on say the 51, X51, 31, 32 ,4 etc . It would be poor at best if you rey on them for work, most of their google reviews are horrific

Bob

Oh and a dual door Streetlite also broke down on the 26 yesterday morning. Volvo 196 sounded like it had got a blown exhaust yesterday in Cannock, could hear it roar a mile off lol. Thought it was a Leyland Leopard pulling out the bus stn 🤣

Bob

According to bus times, ( although obvs this isnt ever 100 perc accurqte) incl about 6 breakdowns yesterday, theyve got about 16 or 17 buses VOR at the moment out of a fleet of about 50. How can they be covering scheduled journeys? Passengers at the bus station were slating them for how poor they are yesterday. Trouble is cos theyre so unreliable, less people will use them, they wont attract new passengers, and theyll lose existing customers. These things can become self fulfilling prophecies sometimes cant they?

Capitalpotter

They've actually got 5 VOR at present. Some are off road for a few days for servicing.

Bob

Quote from: Capitalpotter on March 17, 2022, 09:50:55 AM
They've actually got 5 VOR at present. Some are off road for a few days for servicing.

Plus yesterdays breakdowns? On volvo 195 on tge 74 to work, sounds like its got a blown exhaust

Bob

It absolutely stinks of fumes inside

Bob

Funnily enough that was the last journey 195 managed today

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk