News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on January 17, 2022, 10:02:10 AM
Who knows, it would make sense for them to try and integrate places into the network without making new routes

For instance, if they really wanted to make Boney Hay work that bad they could just send the 62 through the estate instead of making a new route which they tried. I doubt it'd make any money but if they're that desperate they could give it a try. That's just one example of what they could try

True. Cant see what they could do with the 70 or 71 though without making em over long.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Bob on January 17, 2022, 10:17:37 AM
True. Cant see what they could do with the 70 or 71 though without making em over long.
I was wondering about the 70 and 71, they can't reduce it anymore than it is now

Wumpty

Quote from: BusMan Greg on January 17, 2022, 10:02:10 AM
Who knows, it would make sense for them to try and integrate places into the network without making new routes

For instance, if they really wanted to make Boney Hay work that bad they could just send the 62 through the estate instead of making a new route which they tried. I doubt it'd make any money but if they're that desperate they could give it a try. That's just one example of what they could try

I don't think it's a case of THEM desperately trying to make it work, it's about looking to enhance a limited public transport network and seeing how it can be developed for the benefit of the passenger. If it doesn't work all round, then they won't do it and ultimately, not waste any money.

Fair play though for WANTING to try.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bob

Looks like the 1 is running at an hourly frequency today. One of the Metrocitys either broke down/got took off first thing and theres a MCV out to replace it along with one other bus, every other trip looks like its not running

Bob

2hr gap on 62s this morning between 8.15 and 10.15  after  Solo 104 broke down on it.

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on January 17, 2022, 10:17:37 AM

The thing is, the 70 & 71 are already off-putting for passengers wanting to do the end-to-end route by taking in various estates. Whenever the direct Wolves-Walsall train starts I fully imagine that'll take even more custom away from those routes
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2022, 12:48:23 PM
The thing is, the 70 & 71 are already off-putting for passengers wanting to do the end-to-end route by taking in various estates. Whenever the direct Wolves-Walsall train starts I fully imagine that'll take even more custom away from those routes

Will that serve any stations that are near where the 70 or 71 go? Id have thought itd affect the 529

DJ

Quote from: Bob on January 17, 2022, 12:53:51 PM
Will that serve any stations that are near where the 70 or 71 go? Id have thought itd affect the 529

Getting a direct train from Wolves to Walsall, then changing on one up to Cannock, might be more appealing to some folk. It will almost certainly affect the 529 more though.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bob

Another 2hr gap on 62 this afternoon btwn 3.15 and 5.15 when the Solo that replaced 104 got took off

Westy

Quote from: Bob on January 17, 2022, 12:39:39 PM
Looks like the 1 is running at an hourly frequency today. One of the Metrocitys either broke down/got took off first thing and theres a MCV out to replace it along with one other bus, every other trip looks like its not running

Looks like I was lucky this morning then, but the vehicle that  was doing the first journey south this morning was having problems with it's doors this morning, as he had to come out of his cab twice to fiddle with the doors,  outside my house!

Kevin

Quote from: DJ on January 17, 2022, 04:33:27 PM
Getting a direct train from Wolves to Walsall, then changing on one up to Cannock, might be more appealing to some folk. It will almost certainly affect the 529 more though.

Yeah that's what I was aiming at. It's the idea that a "direct" bus takes an hour, so even with having to change trains you're going to have more people chose train over bus. And then *if* they start adding bits to the 70/71 to cover cuts to other routes, say even more of Cheslyn Hay, then it's gonna make it even worse
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Depends if the train will be more reliable than the bus!

Bob

Quote from: Kevin on January 18, 2022, 06:57:11 AM
Yeah that's what I was aiming at. It's the idea that a "direct" bus takes an hour, so even with having to change trains you're going to have more people chose train over bus. And then *if* they start adding bits to the 70/71 to cover cuts to other routes, say even more of Cheslyn Hay, then it's gonna make it even worse

Out of all the Cannock services , the Cannock to wolves ones seem to have died an absolute death more than others for some reason. Only a couple of yeqrs ago they had pulsars allocated, and at one point the 70 ran every 20 mins. Now its hourly, dead, and run with sometimes extremely unreliable Solos. Its a shame

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Bob on January 18, 2022, 07:56:21 AM
Out of all the Cannock services , the Cannock to wolves ones seem to have died an absolute death more than others for some reason. Only a couple of yeqrs ago they had pulsars allocated, and at one point the 70 ran every 20 mins. Now its hourly, dead, and run with sometimes extremely unreliable Solos. Its a shame
It is a shame! The Wolves to Cannock corridor was once a very important one back in its day. You reckon the 154 had an impact on the 70/71?

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on January 18, 2022, 08:42:33 AM
It is a shame! The Wolves to Cannock corridor was once a very important one back in its day. You reckon the 154 had an impact on the 70/71?

Doubt it it flopped lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk