News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Worth noting that even if a bus is deemed socially necessary then if the LTA can actually fund it or not is another thing. Budgets are getting tighter & there isnt the BSIO money that we've been led to believe (not nearly enough BSIP money.

BusMan Greg

Some interesting allocations today!
Dart 17/2377 on 841's
Solar 199 on 10/432's
E200 MMC 1 on 70/71's

Bob

Another broken down Solo on 74 today. There were 3 on there, obvs now down one. Yet 199 and Volvos which would be much more useful on it running half empty on pye greens.

Bob

Currently on 168 on the 1 its proper struggling to move n jerking and struggling to get going.

Jamie A

Quote from: Bob on December 08, 2021, 02:26:26 PM
Currently on 168 on the 1 its proper struggling to move n jerking and struggling to get going.

Meanwhile full size 190 is pottering about on the X14

Bob

Quote from: Jamie A on December 08, 2021, 02:45:46 PM

Meanwhile full size 190 is pottering about on the X14

Mustve been rammed 🤣

Westy

Does anyone know if the vehicle that should've operated the 1640 1 from Walsall broke down, as it never turned up?

LNational

Not sure but there was a Chaserider being recovered from Tixall on the 828 route yesterday evening

Think it was 191 that was being recovered late evening

Bob

Quote from: Westy on December 08, 2021, 10:16:51 PM
Does anyone know if the vehicle that should've operated the 1640 1 from Walsall broke down, as it never turned up?

Gaps of 2hr plus are a regular thing on the 1 lol.

Streetlite being recovered from stafford atm, the 4pm 74 never ran, the busy college one.the 5pm one is a sSolowhich is full before its left the first of 6 town centre stops in stafford! Meanwhile pye greens have got a commander a volvo and 199 on....

Bob

People were stood almost to the back of the solo and there was a guy  with a guide dog stood at the front who almost fell over when driver had to brake sharp cos there was a domino effect. Ive never understood why they regularly load the 74 with Solos!

Westy

Since the change to the 3 down to hourly, does the 1 still with what's left of the 3 interwork with it, or does it interwork with another route instead?

If the 3 loadings are supposedly bad, & enough people, from what I've seen, can easily fill a Solo on the 1, why do some mornings do I get a full size single decker, especially as Bob says, the Solos are full on the 74, between Stafford & Cannock presumbly?

I've certainly caught full size singles on the 74 from Walsall, so I'd suppose I'd expect those on the route as a default, due to the length, with the 1's having Solo's as default.

Bob

Of the 5 buses on the 74 yesterday, 4 were Solos

Vulcan

I really thought that when Chaserider were set up that we would see a vast improvement from Cannock
But sadly it looks a dire situation 

Wumpty

Quote from: Vulcan on December 10, 2021, 11:16:58 AM
I really thought that when Chaserider were set up that we would see a vast improvement from Cannock
When you say, "vast improvement from Cannock", what do you mean?

Improvement in service, passenger increase, improved network?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

DJ

Quote from: Vulcan on December 10, 2021, 11:16:58 AM

Without a lot of investment from either the local council (hah!) or one of the large groups, I can't see the situation ever improving back to how it used to be. I'll give D&G credit, they've tried their best to improve things after Arriva decided to throw in the towel, but with the network already far into decline, it's hard to stop that, let alone reverse it, especially when they're a smaller company overall.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk